It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Valley Of The Headless Men - Nihanni Valley.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Im in! I think I would be an asset to the tour

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

You're quoting Tales Of The Weird as a source? I might not stop grinning for a week! That's my blog! Of all the places for anyone to turn find it...well, I probably should've expected ATS would be up there. First page google search result, too! I'm honored.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
wow this is an interesting thread. since i work for the NORTHERN ROCKIES LODGE, and we fly there with our bush planes . i haven't heard of this before, the company has been flying out there for almost 15 or so years, maybe they have some more stories about that place.

NRL
edit on 20-12-2011 by Chefspicy because: spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
< Geologist, Survival Instructor, Roughnecked in WY thru -40f nights (before windchill).

When I win the MegaMillions tomorrow, and the Powerball on Wed., I'll fund the inaugural ATS Factfinding Investigation!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
H.P. Lovecraft perhaps?

Google him if you don't get it, his stories generally involved men venturing into places with sordid local legends of ancient evils.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy
wow this is an interesting thread. since i work for the NORTHERN ROCKIES LODGE, and we fly there with our bush planes . i haven't heard of this before, the company has been flying out there for almost 15 or so years, maybe they have some more stories about that place.

NRL
edit on 20-12-2011 by Chefspicy because: spelling

OMG Chef, did you see this pic from your NRL link?!?!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I believe there is more to the story. Its been many years since I read the long story about the Valley of Headless Men in a book. But in the original story, I believe that the first search party that went in looking for some of the people that disappeared were also found decapitated. The later search party left the area very quickly after finding the headless bodies of the earlier search party, and that was the end of any more search parties going in looking for missing people.

The conclusion in the old book was that some unknown group of beings didn't want anyone in their valley, but they did let people come and go from the valley without harming them. Those that were beheaded supposedly had dug for gold, and anyone caught digging in their valley was beheaded. So... you stand a better chance staying alive in the valley if you don't ever dig into the ground.

In the book, even dogs that were taken into the valley with the search team were uneasy and scared as to something or someone's that lurcked out there in the fog during the searchs. The dogs didn't wander away from their owners because they were scared of what was out there in the fog.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is like The Lost World in real time!!

We need a modern day indiana jones, i vote bear grylls to film his next show there and see how long he can survive

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
A bunch of ATS yahoos going to some God forsaken northern untamed parts ? Where no one knows what befalls those that are never heard from again ? Sounds like the perfect thing to be added to the description in the OP.

ATS members lose their heads in Canada!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Fellow Canadians here , very interesting indeed , sounds kinda scary though , is almost like they are
trying to prove a point and/or set an example by beheading someone's skull... gotta be one big tribe in there.
i just wanted to say to be-careful if any of you guys decided to go, be well prepared of course, they must have
known the area inside-n-out through all these years , i would have to guess "if" there's anyone still lives there
by now, they would have to be up at the top of the mountain for a better view of so-call intruder.

Star-n-Flag , Thank you , hope more stories/pictures/maps to come ~

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Really interesting.........
Someone mentioned Cryptids seen near there...??

Just remember to take some Silver bullets if you choose to go on the expedition....

I would consider going....

PDUK

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
great story,i havent heard of this one before!
i've spent some time in northern ontario camping,and the only thing thicker than the trees are the blackfflies!!!!
this would NOT be your friendly camp out with the family at the local park,thats for sure. and as for the 'weird' creatures reported,i would be concerned with the 'real' animals we know about! even a badger can be qiite scary,nevermind a kodiak bear,or a pissed off moose!

i would suggest making your own shelter as you move along. nothing like a brightly coloured tent to arouse suspition from the locals.you would need a satalite phone,and have to hunt/fish for most of your food,as it is next to immpossible to portage through such thick brush with 50 lbs. of steaks and hot dogs!
i would love to go to this hidden canadian 'shangrila",but i probably wouldn't want to come back to this crappy reality!!!
good luck to all,and gods speed!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I'll go.
I've a good sized head, proportionate to the rest of my body. When the cryptids attack I can lead them away from our group of intrepid explorers, with my short fast legs and colorful harsh language I can confuse, outrun and outwit them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Did anyone offer to organise a trip?

This would be an interesting treck to follow online day by day. What an incredible thread it would be.

A TV rep or a journalist could be invited along. Film the whole thing! Maybe sponsorship.

"ATS Journey to The Valley Of The Headless Men - Nihanni Valley, Canada"

edit on 20-12-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
While I have heard of this before and included mention of it in my book on mythology, I had not heard of Nuk-luk nor Waheela for which reference I'm thankful.

Sadly I'm too infirm to travel farther than the mail-box. When I was younger I was a farm boy and quite capable of the hardy life, having always enjoyed both the cold and roughing-it.

That said, and with the uncertainty of the myths, I'd suggest, for the exploration group, taking along one pair of high quality night-vision goggles, a satellite phone, each be equipped with a personal GPS location transponder and a simple whistle for emergencies. in addition to all other equipment and ration. Perhaps it would be wise to travel in the spring, just after the thaws have ended. A larger group, while unwieldy, will not only provide the protection possibly needed, but also allow equipment to be parceled out among many so the burdens are lighter.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to indeed find a living Mastodon or similar prehistoric creature. Perhaps someone could be included to join the group who is versed on identifying previously unknown or extinct species of animal or bird.

A fair bit of warning. If you find a dangerous or rare living animal, keep in mind, it is NOT the only one. Also most animals are not solitary so it will be likely that others are not far away. If it is dangerous, that danger could be amplified several times.

On a personal note, please keep me informed of heretofore unknown mythical creatures and cryptids. With over 3,000 pages on the subject, one would think I had exhausted the realm of myth, but apparently I've barely scratched the surface.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

S&F
Could anyone else find it on google maps?

Look up Fort Liard, then search to the northwest. I used to have the GPS coordinates, but I can't find them at the moment. They're on an old portable hard drive.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Sounds like a cool place to spend your vacation in, it seems to have everything. Natural hot-springs, lots of ice and snow, possibly hostile natives, Sasquatches and other creatures long lost to modern man, an entrance to the hollow earth, a mysterious evil, and people who go there somehow end up with no heads now and then.

The only thing it's missing is secret basses, aliens, and reptilians.....Or who knows maybe there are some of those around there as well.
This whole thing sounds like a mystery for scooby and the gang to solve. But if somebody brings the scooby snacks and points in the general direction, then count me in.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This is a very cool story it sounds like a movie plot except better lol. As far as going exploring it will have to wait till summer for me to go, i've got no need to freeze my butt off. But an ATS sponsered expidition sounds like a great idea can't wait to see the film.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
In the past, one of the best ways to conseal/hide an area from the ever increasing populace was to create a legend or myth regarding evil doings, in this case headless corpses. This in itself would probably be enough to dissuade colonisation. I bet both US, UK and Canadian special forces have run training missions in the area. I wonder how many of those dudes got there heads cut off? I also wonder what they have hidden up there, eh?
edit on 20-12-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Interesting read mate. Thanks for this.

Maybe they're linked to Gog and Magog?

I've read that G & M tribes were extremely vicious and everyone who got in touch feared them. They also happened to live far north somewhere, and always thought it was far North-eastern Russia. Stories of the very past though.

I've been trying to locate there whereabouts for so long now, as I cannot seem to understand that with all the tech we have at our disposal now, we still cannot find them. Or maybe govts did find them but are very quiet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join