It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Valley Of The Headless Men - Nihanni Valley.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Replying to subcribe. Great thread, looking forward to following this one

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte
Lat: 61.25 Long: -124.5

I'm in. I wouldn't mind going for a trip with a large enough group. I'm healthy, have land surveying skills and generally am very good working with my hands and on my feet.

At the coldest, I have worked in -52C (on the thermometer) without windchill.

If anyone is actually serious about this expedition I would love to hear more. I bet we could get TV channel like Discovery to document it like "Gold Rush Alaska", to help with resources if needed. Obviously independent investors and documentary crews would be better but whatever it takes I say for something like this...

I am going to research this some more.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

that to me reads like the start of a really bad low budget horror movie, ala blair witch.

You can keep the insane tribe thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Canada = awesome. Would love to visit Oak Island.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The OP mentions the Dene people. These would be close relatives of the Navajo people of the American southwest, Athabascans who travelled south long ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
The valley looks nice and green as far as I can tell from the picture blow up. I wonder how hard it would be to find on gooogle earth?

It's interesting, the tales of weird creatures and people who lose their heads.
Never heard of this before either.

The article states:

The image provided is for reference only, and as far as I am aware, there are no images of the 200 Mile Gorge available online.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys

Originally posted by Chefspicy
wow this is an interesting thread. since i work for the NORTHERN ROCKIES LODGE, and we fly there with our bush planes . i haven't heard of this before, the company has been flying out there for almost 15 or so years, maybe they have some more stories about that place.

NRL
edit on 20-12-2011 by Chefspicy because: spelling

OMG Chef, did you see this pic from your NRL link?!?!

no that is not from my link!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chefspicy

edit on 20-12-2011 by Chefspicy because: delete links, same slide show

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am intrigued by these cryptohominids, the Nuk-luk. Does the claim that they inspire life-altering fear just mean they are scary, or are they somehow exrcising some kind of mind control ? Other cryptohominids such as the very small cliff/cave dwelling 'littlefeet' reported from all over the US were said to be able to disorientate people or make them walk towards cliff edges . It has been suggested that bigfoot appears invisible to some witnesses through deceiving their brains by an infrasound signal possibly generated by passing an electric current through the vitreous solution in it's eyeballs . Perhaps there is a common faculty among cryptohominids.
If the Nuk-luk had this they could use it to somehow incapacitate their targets, explaining how the Ontario miner was found in his sleeping bag . It doesn't seem unreasonable to assume from the first posts that there was no obvious cause of death other than the decapitations in any of these cases.
The Naha seem to be extinct but there are recent Nuk-luk sightings, perhaps there is a surviving colony of them in the valley .The most likely source of further information would be the Naha, but they mysteriuosly disappeared. Many native American nations have old stories of encountering very small people when they moved into their homelands , often involving lethal encounters, and the Naha may have come into conflict with some Nuk-luk over their cave/cliff habitat. Maybe the Nuk-luk won.

Happy hunting guys

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I've read countless threads on ATS, but this has to be one of the more interesting ones I've seen. Great find OP. I've always been intrigued by the unknown (who here isn't though
). The idea of an oasis and maybe an entrance to the fabled hallowed earth is beyond fascinating. I have always been of the belief that there is more truth to these tribal tales than people give them credit for. If there was a place where ancient beasts lived this seems like a good candidate. I'm going to procrastinate at work and research this.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I know I said cryptids earlier, but just taking a head docent seem liked any typical animal, almost something with more intellect knowing that decapitating someone might ward of more people, like it wants to keep Peopje away, so if it's one of the cryptids. In guessing it's smart

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

As a Canadian, I'm not sure I'm entirely thrilled with the title of the thread (headlessness), but very interesting nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Great thread, I'm really interested into reading up on this now. Hopefully the expedition happens, it would be great to follow it

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
wow great story and thread s&f

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hey Pred, Do you have any ww paddling skills? Sounds like a interesting class v trip. I will work on my creeking skills over the winter and could be persuaded to go. I wonder if it would be a first descent? I will look in to it. Might even be able to get some financing if we shot alot of footage of the class v drops and sold it to first descents.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I read about on a link posted in another thread recently, not sure if it was by the same OP or not. I *heart* this kind of stuff and had the link bookmarked for further reading later. I'd love it if you guys actually got an expedition together and went there. A sort of 'diary' thread (if possible) would be amazing.

If the place is so hard to reach, even in this day and age, is there the possibility of undiscovered species being there?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
I know I said cryptids earlier, but just taking a head docent seem liked any typical animal, almost something with more intellect knowing that decapitating someone might ward of more people, like it wants to keep Peopje away, so if it's one of the cryptids. In guessing it's smart

My thoughts exactly.

As I mentioned earlier, this whole business reminds me of H.P. Lovecraft, a few quotes from his stories which bear some semblance to what is being discussed:

"Perhaps we were mad -- for have I not said those horrible peaks were mountains of madness? But I think I can detect something of the same spirit -- albeit in a less extreme form -- in the men who stalk deadly beasts through African jungles to photograph them or study their habits. Half paralyzed with terror though we were, there was nevertheless fanned within us a blazing flame of awe and curiosity which triumphed in the end.

Doubt of the real facts, as I must reveal them, is inevitable; yet if I suppressed what will seem extravagant and incredible there would be nothing left.

H.P. Lovecraft

"At the Mountains of Madness"

Every incident of that four-and-a-half hour flight is burned into my recollection because of its crucial position in my life. It marked my loss, at the age of fifty-four, of all that peace and balance which the normal mind possesses through its accustomed conception of external Nature and Nature's laws.

I could not help feeling that they were evil things -- mountains of madness whose farther slopes looked out over some accursed ultimate abyss.
"

"The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

"The only saving grace of the present is that it's too damned stupid to question the past very closely."

HP Lovecraft quotes

edit on 20-12-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
it sounds like the creatures beyond the wall in GAME OF THRONES

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite Canadian stories. Be it myth or diluted truth, it's a great tale. Missing Indian tribe, Gold Rush prospectors, decapitation, a lost jungle, dinosaurs and thought to be extinct mammals, hot springs and volcanoes, hollow earth, UFOs. It's got freaking everything except for time travel and GMOs.

Great post OP!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
intersesting post i never would have thought about us possibly having something worth exploring up north i thought it was a winter wasteland up there put if there are people in that range who decapitate others i would like to go investigate this sounds fun.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

hmmm let me think... savage natives who later go missing,people being beheaded by previous mentioned savages, multiple references to evil along with an evil smell, and possible prehistoric animals ravaging the region. Just one more reason to avoid going to Canada!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join