It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failure to protect Egyptian historic sites could trigger foreign intervention, warn experts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Failure to protect Egyptian historic sites could trigger foreign intervention, warn experts

english.alarabiya.net

The fire that broke out in a Cairo library that houses thousands of rare documents raised concerns over the government’s and the army’s ability to protect historic sites at times of upheaval and drove several experts to warn of a possible intervention by foreign entities to preserve the heritage at risk.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 12/19/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What an absolute travesty! As a study of Egyptian and Ancient Civilization, it is heart breaking to see these items of Antiquity being destroyed in such a thoughtless act of violence.

Its one thing to protest and be heard, but to take from this world items of history that can not EVER be replaced is just a complete travesty.

There should be international laws regarding ancient artifacts and relics and their protection. I am not a suporter of the UN by any stretch of the imagination, but the UN in this case should step in to halt these types of actions and punish those who are involved.

These items can never be replaced. I mourn their loss.

english.alarabiya.net

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I heard someone claiming some time that the invasion of Iraq by the USA was aimed to capture or destroy some ancient artifacts of the ancient Sumerians and Babilonians. Something related to 2012.

Maybe now the Arab Spring is aimed to destroy some ancient Egyptian artifacts!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Looks like the saying, "You have to break a couple of eggs to make an omelette." applies to the Arab Spring. Hopefully it's worth it all around.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

This really is a shame... Makes you wonder what was going through the minds of the people who did this. I fail to see how destroying historical artifacts would improve the situation in Egypt right now.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

That's correct.
The Iraqi officials requested that the American soldiers protect the museum in Iraq (Baghdad, I believe) and they failed miserably. Maybe they helped. The most important relics were kept in the museum's basement and that's exactly where the perps went as if they knew what they were looking for.
(I know there's a thread on ATS about this somewhere. I'll look and post if I find it.)

Here it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are we seeing an attempt at ruining historical references that would lead to truth?
One can only speculate.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basilisk
This really is a shame... Makes you wonder what was going through the minds of the people who did this. I fail to see how destroying historical artifacts would improve the situation in Egypt right now.

Those that could, have copies; those that don't, are screwed. Welcome to the World Of the Elites.

Giza Looting

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes a museum in Iraq was ransacked and many priceless historical artifacts were destroyed and lost for ever.

The Americans stood by and did nothing....however I might point out that they made sure the oil ministry was heavily guarded.

As for Egypt this is a tragedy in historical and cultural terms. At times of war and upheaval it's sad how these things happen. I believe during the First World War the Germans burnt a wonderful library in Belgium housing many medieval books and manuscripts.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

What an absolute travesty! As a study of Egyptian and Ancient Civilization, it is heart breaking to see these items of Antiquity being destroyed in such a thoughtless act of violence.

Its one thing to protest and be heard, but to take from this world items of history that can not EVER be replaced is just a complete travesty.

There should be international laws regarding ancient artifacts and relics and their protection. I am not a suporter of the UN by any stretch of the imagination, but the UN in this case should step in to halt these types of actions and punish those who are involved.

english.alarabiya.net

Yes but the foreign intervention team was actually behind Egypt and the brotherhood, which was fanned into greater presence from a small sect, via Banna and Hitler/Nazi partnership, and is a tool of the CIA, that includes, despite the appearance of opposition MOSSAD too. Its a very sick world we're in.

www.google.ca...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

So they don't want the amount of people they will allow to live to ever have any of the truth for their new saturnist age of aquarius era. And another sungod will be chosen as well. Either we stop this, or cosmic and/or Goodness/God intervention occurs, or the upgrade, as in Mayans being right and this is the last cycle. They are carrying on business as usual, cycle after cycle.

They always destroy all the evidence they can from the past for each new era.

This is just whitewashing the west and the Rothchild coalition because while they are partners, they have made this group play the bad cop role to the west and awakening seekers.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
As a lover of ancient history this kind of thing makes me almost physically sick.

I agree with ANY kind of intervention to protect world heritage; I don't care who does it, it's fully justified.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Yes a museum in Iraq was ransacked and many priceless historical artifacts were destroyed and lost for ever.

The Americans stood by and did nothing....however I might point out that they made sure the oil ministry was heavily guarded.

Although I am of the considered opinion that it was French or German intelligence who ripped that museum (and others) what should I do with the pic I have of two MI Reserve officers, Dyncorp employees, standing next to several pallets of Iraqi artifacts?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

Erm....post it here for us to look at?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Not happening.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Then I'm not inclined to believe you.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

How much has been destroyed? If artifacts are missing from looters, at least there's hope that they may re-surface eventually. But destroyed without a copy? What a tragedy for humankind.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Those Western NGOs should be paying the price for this tragedy of those lost books
Inculding John McCain, John Kerry, Joe Liberman.

Do i need to bring this image up again?

Yes Joe Liberman a Thumbs up for the Muslim brotherhood.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

My bona fides are clearly evident in the thread in my signature.

Have a happy life!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just to cast an alternate opinion for arguments sake; what if the documents being destroyed need to be destroyed?

This is Egyptians destroying Egyptian records, perhaps they are destroying records from cults worshipping Set for example.

Until there is transparency on the actual documents destroyed and some clarification, I'll stay skeptical. Regardless though, I agree that it is a travesty..a minuscule number of people depriving the rest of the human race.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Those Western NGOs should be paying the price for this tragedy of those lost books
Inculding John McCain, John Kerry, Joe Liberman.

Do i need to bring this image up again?

Yes Joe Liberman a Thumbs up for the Muslim brotherhood.

Wow. Now that is pretty amazing. Was that taken from this past spring/summer?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

My bona fides are clearly evident in the thread in my signature.

Have a happy life!

That's a very interesting career choice! Do you ever have to list that on your resume? I would hire you in an instant!

LOL. Be safe!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join