It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failure to protect Egyptian historic sites could trigger foreign intervention, warn experts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Didn't that Belgum mooslum video say the pyrimids were going to go

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I don't give a crap about what they do or don't. I live on the other site of the world and that kind of knowledge is really just a luxury to me. What arrogance to claim this as your or my cultural heritage or something.

I'd appreciate it if they didn't destroy it, but I don't live there and according to law it's their country.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

What an absolute travesty! As a study of Egyptian and Ancient Civilization, it is heart breaking to see these items of Antiquity being destroyed in such a thoughtless act of violence.

Its one thing to protest and be heard, but to take from this world items of history that can not EVER be replaced is just a complete travesty.

There should be international laws regarding ancient artifacts and relics and their protection. I am not a suporter of the UN by any stretch of the imagination, but the UN in this case should step in to halt these types of actions and punish those who are involved.

These items can never be replaced. I mourn their loss.

english.alarabiya.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

Look at what a hypocrite you are. Against the UN, however in this case they should step in. Why don't you step in? Board a plane and head over there, make yourself useful for once, instead of being this lame-ass sitting behind a desktop.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Yes a museum in Iraq was ransacked and many priceless historical artifacts were destroyed and lost for ever.

The Americans stood by and did nothing....however I might point out that they made sure the oil ministry was heavily guarded.

As for Egypt this is a tragedy in historical and cultural terms. At times of war and upheaval it's sad how these things happen. I believe during the First World War the Germans burnt a wonderful library in Belgium housing many medieval books and manuscripts.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Just joined this service, not sure I want to remain looking at it. I guess the evil of Biggitry runs rampid all over the world ,youve got a real witches brew of anti everything going on here. Walk outside look at the blue sky and the magnificent sunshine , take a deep breath , God just isnt even interested in creating what you do ,He created things of beauty, not toungs that spit out like vipors.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Foreign intervention to "protect historical artefcats"? That is creative!
edit on 19-12-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Those Western NGOs should be paying the price for this tragedy of those lost books
Inculding John McCain, John Kerry, Joe Liberman.

Do i need to bring this image up again?

Yes Joe Liberman a Thumbs up for the Muslim brotherhood.

All Globalist scum (McCain, Kerry, Liberman)!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

I don't give a crap about what they do or don't. I live on the other site of the world and that kind of knowledge is really just a luxury to me. What arrogance to claim this as your or my cultural heritage or something.

I'd appreciate it if they didn't destroy it, but I don't live there and according to law it's their country.

It's our world heritage, dadgad. These Egyptian artifacts (being destroyed) may very contain lost pieces of our (humankind's) lost history. And we, as a species, have a lot of lost history.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by overanocean

I don't really understand your post, I'm sorry.

youve got a real witches brew of anti everything going on here

No I haven't.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Muslims converted the Parthenon into a mosque...and then blew it pieces.

What makes anyone think they will respect Egyptian culture?

So many in denial of Jihad. So many dead for the same.
edit on 20-12-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Yep those god damn evil Muslims......you give them an inch and they'll take a mile!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I merely point out the fact that muslims invariably destroy the culture into which they inject themselves and replace it with Islam and sharia.

No sense in arguing facts.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Muslims converted the Parthenon into a mosque...and then blew it pieces.

That's completely untrue.

A Venetian (Christian) cannonball destroyed the Parthenon as the Muslims were using it as an arms store. The Venetians then went on to plunder the temple, stealing many sculptures.

So, no, the Muslims did not blow up the Parthenon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join