It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What HAS Barack Obama Done?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sorry for such a short thread, but its a simple question (for some cmoplex). There has always been a a lot of Barack Obama bashing, and a lot of talk about all the things he HASN'T done, but one thing I've always wanted to know is what HAS he done? I don't go around ATS and make threads on politicians I don't like. In fact, this is probably my first thread on Obama. I'm also not the one to make several hundred posts just to make fun of, ridicule, or thrash politicians. But the question still remains....Discussion?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Heathcare Reform!
Financial Reform!
The Matthew Sheppard Act!
The Liddy Ledbetter Act!
Killed bin Ladin!
Ended The Iraq War!

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

id say more like dethawed bin laden

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ok I am no fan of Obama in lieu of the current political climate which I partially blame him for, not because of action but because of inaction. I have always felt that he needed to grow a pair and start dealing with the systemic sickness of our congress, senate, and military but he has not nor do I suspect he ever will. However, there are one or two things he did in his tenure which I feel were really good decisions and they should be highlighted.

*repealed Bush era restrictions that prevented federal tax dollars from funding embryonic stem cell research

*signed the credit card bill of rights into law which most importantly "prevents creditors from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers, it prohibits most rate increases meant to penalize consumers for late payments on unrelated accounts..."

*Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009; addressing fair pay discrimination against women. Long overdue in my book.

I am sure that there are few more executive orders out there that he passed which are good pieces of legislation but these ones come to mind first for me. I am sure some might say that there are evil undertones to all of them or ulterior motives but any step forward is a step in the right direction in my eyes. It seems 2009 was a good year for his presidency.

Just a cent or two from cs

cheers

edit on 19-12-2011 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Just search it out "what has obama done"

Top Google results are...

whatthe.../

whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com...

www.tnr.com...

There are more, but I'll leave the rest for ya'll to find.

Listen, people focus on what they don't have, not what they do have and it takes ten that-a-boys to equal ONE bad boy.

The good things that B-rock has done as President won't be focused on until after he's out of office.

Not that I support Obama for prez, but people should give credit where credit is due.

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Heathcare Reform!

Final effects of which will not be seen until 2014;but "business wise": it don't look good...Plenty of companies are going to cancel their existing programs and dump their employes on the fed gov plan.

Financial Reform!

come again?

"hate crime" legislation for the (

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Find out what this (-)Trillion's of Dollar's Obama has done...Obama's Accomplishments.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For the love of god please stop saying Obama killed Bin Laden, The guy just sits at a desk. Our special forces and intelligence network did all the work

+4 more 
link   

Heathcare Reform!
Financial Reform!
The Liddy Ledbetter Act!
Killed bin Ladin!
Ended The Iraq War!

He killed Bin Laden? Wow. Seriously?
The same guy that pondered the mission for what, several hours?
Ok then.
So he ordered Bin Laden killed. Nice to know you hold that in high regards.

Do not forget High unemployment, Huge Deficit, Fantastic Presidential Vacations every couple of Months, Huge Poverty levels, More War, TARP, Bailouts, Solendra, Fast and Furious.
Yep, he is doing great.

+13 more 
link   
He gave 15 trillion dollars to the banks!

Im sure people will always fondly remember him for that.

Oh and he invaded Libya, tripled the amount of U.S soldiers in Afghanistan continued with warrantless surveillance, renditioning people and continued a policy of detention without charge, kept Guantanamo bay open DESPITE SAYING HE WOULD CLOSE IT. And he has increased drone attacks in Pakistan. Oh yeah, and he invaded Libya.

Dont listen to the detractors, Obama has done plenty.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Renewed the Patriot Act, continued the wars and even started new ones, and elected a bunch of Goldman Sachs employees to his Administration.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Ended the Iraq War? There's an embassy there that holds 15,000 troops! That's still an entire army in Iraq!!!

...ended the Iraq War
:shk:

You do know that Obama is a puppet, right? I hope you're not one of those people who still holds him in high esteem and continues to believe in his worthless "change" that consists of crapping on the Constitution and Bill of Rights while lying to Americans, which isn't really much of a change from the previous Administrations.

This should tell you all you need to know about your savior: Obama Administration and Goldman Sachs
edit on 19-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The financial reform was a complete joke. To Obama's defence though, all the crucial parts were blocked by the GOP (!!!), and that includes the section that would have made sure giant bailouts aren't possible any more. Why did the GOP block them? Because their corporate WS donors wouldn't exist any more without those bailouts...and they KNOW that eventually they'll need them again.

Why is it legal for BofA to shift the liability of $75 trillion (not a typo) of their risky derivatives investments onto the backs of taxpayers???? Because clearly, Dodd-Frank doesn't go far enough

If you hear anyone saying the financial reform act is "crippling the financial industry", or "too much regulation"...that's a sure sign that voting for that person is IDIOTIC!!! They're BOUGHT SOCK PUPPETS!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

In hind sight, I suppose he could have flown an F16, landed on an aircraft carrier, and made a speech with a "Mission Accomplished" banner in the back ground.

Oh, wait, someone already did that....
edit on 12/19/2011 by ctdannyd because: Spell check!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

He works a record 330 days a year and has taken 2 vacas this year. What mutli vacations are you referring to and what planet are you living on?

No more war, a stable deficit, shut down out of control spending (remember 43 put like $12 Trillion on the card and yet you remain dead silent on that, can you say hypocrite?), TARP was signed into law October 2008,

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
reply to post by 46ACE

In hind sight, I suppose he could have flown an F16, landed on an aircraft carrier, and made a speech with a "Mission Accomplished" banner in the back ground.

Oh, wait, someone already did that....
edit on 12/19/2011 by ctdannyd because: Spell check!
It wasn't an "f-16",there are no carrier certified f-16's...

StimpyJr. was an "azzhat" no argument; but we don't credit him with massive "accomplishments" Infact he should go to jail for the patriotact and military commissions acts!Obama is still a self-serving anti American radical. that'sNOT Bush's fault.
You know if people didn't fawn all over the "oh-man" so much I wouldn't feel the need to bash so much.
edit on 19-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

No one's arguing that Obama wasn't great so far...but you're clearly attributing a lot of "mistakes" to him, when it wasn't he's responsible.

Do not forget High unemployment, Huge Deficit, Fantastic Presidential Vacations every couple of Months, Huge Poverty levels, More War, TARP, Bailouts, Solendra, Fast and Furious.

1) High unemployment: A result of reckless deregulation since Reagan...and it was Bush with his damn housing speech who put the nail into the coffin of the US economy.

2) Huge Deficit: The largest single policy contributor to the deficit are the BUSH tax cuts. And the bailouts were started under Bush too. Without them, both unemployment and economic growth would be A LOT worse now.(FYI, I still think the bailouts were short sighted...but objectively, we would still be worse off right now if they hadn't gone through with them).

3) Vacations: He took a FRACTION of the vacation Bush (or Bush Sr) took. Didn't see you complaining then

4) Poverty levels: What do you expect if you allow companies to systematically rape the work force and/or ship jobs off shore? That's not a new thing, Bush did the same...

5) Wars: Who got us into those wars in the ME???? Yup...Bush & Co

6) TARP: Again, BUSH started those...and without them, unemployment would be a LOT higher today.

7) Solendra: ...is a tiny fraction of the total investment package...and they made it up (and then some) with the successful investments. If you were an investor, you'd know that not every investment works out

Fast & Furious was beyond moronic though...which isn't surprising. It's in the weapons lobby's best interest to ensure none of the anti-weapon policies actually work, they WANT to sell to the Mexican cartels...even if it costs lives. But as I said, really stupid that no one picked up on how stupid that initiative was

In the end, they're all bought. Bush, Obama, Reagan, Clinton, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. They all work for corporate America and NOT the people anymore

(PS: Same here in the UK...not sure if that makes you feel any better though...)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

He works a record 330 days a year and has taken 2 vacas this year. What mutli vacations are you referring to and what planet are you living on?

No more war, a stable deficit, shut down out of control spending (remember 43 put like $12 Trillion on the card and yet you remain dead silent on that, can you say hypocrite?), TARP was signed into law October 2008,

Actually he has taken 61 days of vacation so far.
All funded by the tax payer.

No more War? Stable deficit? Shutdown Out of Control Spending?

TARP 2, and extensions of such are ALL 0bama. Along with MORE bailouts and all the other listed scandals.

Again, you are a major joke or just a Troll.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Howdy CLUE-LESS!!!

No more war? Ever hear of a little country called Afghanistan? Or maybe Libya and soon-to-be Iran and Syria? He has taken more vacations than any other president - EVER! A stable defiicit? Are you kidding me? What drugs are you taking. The man is responsible for more deifcit spending than ALL other presidents in the history of the US - COMBINED!!! TARP was only step one of a three step process, steps 2 and 3 implemented by Barry.

Stop being such a useless shill and get on the fact-wagon.
You, and all of your ilk, are EXACTLY the problem with this country and why we'll never likely succeed in restoring our rights and freedoms.!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Just to be fair to you, input from someone outside the US, on US issues is just someone meddling in our affairs.

You are not here, you do not see what American's see.
I am sure you are highly tuned to the goings on in Switzerland.

I am not even going to go line by line, not worth my time to discuss this with a foreigner.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join