It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict XVI and His Failing Health

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Mardi Gras is the day before Lent begins. A Catholic celebration. You glutton it up before the period of repentence.

It didn't start out as feast of gluttony.. but rather a time to to eat foods that would go bad because of fasting during lent. It was based on practicality....but has turned into a celebration of debauchery and drunkenness,and sexual perversion for many. Keep in mind many who celebrate mardi gras in this way..are not the truly faithful.

My prayers are with the pope.. and I pray for his health and his soul.

I don't let judgemental folks tell me whether I'm faithful or not (even it were my parish priest or the pope himself). I think Mardi Gras upgraded since the old days. Come join true Catholicism. We have fun and celebrate our community. Occasionally it involves an arrest or a bad hangover.
BTW, the only one who has the power to excommunicate a Catlick is the pope himself. Everyone else is just a judgemental sinner with an opinion.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm listening to Clyde Lewis' Ground Zero Media radio show tonight and they're talking about the pope retiring soon and the Malachi prophecy so I did a search for any rescent news articles and came across one that's interesting to read.

The Vatican has done little to silence the building buzz concerning the next pope and Malachy prophecy. Ratzinger also created a stir when he chose the name “Benedict” seeming to intentionally fulfill the Malachy prophecy’s characterization of him as the “glory of the Olive” (the Benedictine order is symbolized by an Olive branch). With the recent rumors concerning the pope’s soon retirement, this begs the question of whether the Vatican is intentionally fulfilling the Malachy predictions and setting the stage for the coming of Petrus Romanus.” Source Article

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
I'm listening to Clyde Lewis' Ground Zero Media radio show tonight and they're talking about the pope retiring soon and the Malachi prophecy so I did a search for any rescent news articles and came across one that's interesting to read.

The Vatican has done little to silence the building buzz concerning the next pope and Malachy prophecy. Ratzinger also created a stir when he chose the name “Benedict” seeming to intentionally fulfill the Malachy prophecy’s characterization of him as the “glory of the Olive” (the Benedictine order is symbolized by an Olive branch). With the recent rumors concerning the pope’s soon retirement, this begs the question of whether the Vatican is intentionally fulfilling the Malachy predictions and setting the stage for the coming of Petrus Romanus.” Source Article

So the rumors of Benedict retiring have been around for a year. Perhaps the Vatican WILL intentionally try to fulfill Malachi's prophecy! Look what else that article states...

Benedict was 78 when appointed pope in April of 2005 and was quoted then as having preferred a peaceful retirement, “At a certain point, I prayed to God ‘please don’t do this to me’…Evidently, this time He didn’t listen to me.”[ii] Even more, in his book, Pope Benedict XVI Light of the World, when asked if he thought it appropriate for a pope to retire he responded, “If a pope clearly realizes that he is no longer physically, psychologically and spiritually capable of handling the duties of his office, then he has a right and, under some circumstances, also an obligation to resign.”[iii] This widely reported predisposition adds credence to recent rumors.

edit on 11/2/13 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Pope Benedict XVI looks like hell. He looks pretty feeble. He must be struggling to do all the things he is required to do. Someone else in better health can take over.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join