It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict XVI and His Failing Health

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Do you support any organizations?

Yes, I support organizations that take responsibility for problems within their organization and do not try and cover up sick crimes such as pedophillia

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

My point is that someone can be a supporter of an organization that has both good and bad people within it without being a supporter of the bad that goes on within it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Now hear this...

Participation in this thread will be restricted to polite, on topic discussion. Any personal attacks, ill mannered posting or off color, and rude posts will be actioned and the offending member(s) will be post banned.

Thank you for your cooperation.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Can you give a specific example of an organization that you support? Because I am certain that if one digs a bit , they can find some evil within it. Want to know why? Because organizations are run by humans and there are good ones and bad ones everywhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Every occupation has it's evil members, unless you have proof of the Pope's quilt of a crime, quit being a disgusting waste of space.

I too say, have a nice day.....not.
We all know it happens. Of course all occupations have evil members but 1. this is not an occupation and due to their huge influence should have a lot higher standards and 2. Almost any organisation that covers up crimes like this would be disgraced or the problem people sacked

Right, I am a disgusting waste of space for sticking up for victims of pedophiles.. How can you justify what your saying, where are your 'god given morals'?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

My point is that someone can be a supporter of an organization that has both good and bad people within it without being a supporter of the bad that goes on within it.
We are talking about the pope not the organization
Stop making exscuses for supporting pedophiles

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I know you are new to ATS,

But what does pedophilia have to do with the topic of this thread?

The topic is…

“Pope Benedict XVI and His Failing Health”

ToC's of ATS take a disdained stance at going off topic...

hmmmmmm now how do I add to this to keep on topic?

Oh Right....

Prayers for the Pope... errr something...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I hope the Popes health gets better. I am an ex-Catholic BTW.

I believe all 1.18 billion Catholics would agree on a speedy recovery.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Can you give a specific example of an organization that you support? Because I am certain that if one digs a bit , they can find some evil within it. Want to know why? Because organizations are run by humans and there are good ones and bad ones everywhere.

How about you give me a specific example of an organization that has supported pedophillia by covering up crimes within their organization and is still around today?
Any corporation, organization, ceo, director etc.. that does these things is publicaly shunned in any other environment. Why does the pope get a pass on it? Talk about double standards
This thread has given me a new found disgust in the human race, I am seriously dumbfounded at the level of ignorance you people are showing. This is truley scary to see so many people support a pedophile supporter

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I am not Catholic and I do not support the Catholic church. Frankly, according to my belief the Catholic church is the great whore of Babylon. So to say I support the pedophiles is absurd. That being said, as a previous poster outlined, the current pope has made great strides within the organization to bring the offenders to justice. He is not a superhero so he cant vanquish all of the evil. But he has done some good. Maybe we should give credit where it is due.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Wow.....ATS is on the slide into the dumper. OP says pope is sick.

Suddenly it turns into a pedophile debate.

And ignorance takes over.

This pope has already announced he would step down in april of 2012.

Google is your friend. Malachy's prophecy is intact.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Last I heard the April 2012 thing was heresay

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

OK, NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association) comes to mind. But, ThrowCatsAtCacti, I'm still surprised at your argument. It seems as though you have some other reason for your argument. Did you love the Catholic Church before the scandal?

Did you think that a two thousand year old organization would remain scandal free? It's just people. What I don't understand is your intensity of feeling against the Pope, the Church, the Vatican, everything Catholic. Do you hate every priest? Every Bishop? Every member who contributes? And how long will this hate continue? What will make the Church acceptable in your eyes?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Can ya provide a link?

That actually would be core information for this thread.

And be quality reporting at that

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Because my daughter was the victim of a pedophile, and because the charge is so loosely thrown around, the scum get away with it. You are minimizing what a true pedophile is by labeling all catholics pedophile supporters. And as far as any of us know the Pope himself is NOT a pedophile. Funny how you shoot your mouth off calling people names then question my moral authority! I am human and have a right to my opinion, but I don't have the right to slander/libel anyone like you did.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

It's just out of Wikipedia, so I don't know it's validity: Prophecy of the Popes The claim is the next Pope will be the last one, Peter the Roman.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Thank you for pulling us back, I do get upset when that subject come up. I am a recovering Catholic, but i respect the current Pope for what he has tried to do and would never wish bad to him or almost anyone. Now I have to deal with the prophecy....crap. Does him stepping down still count?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Can ya provide a link?

That actually would be core information for this thread.

And be quality reporting at that

"In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop]. Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations: and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the terrible judge will judge his people. The End."

Prophecy of the Popes

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Love him or hate him, there is no way he is going to "recover".

He is very old and far too sick.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by sonnny1

Love him or hate him, there is no way he is going to "recover".

He is very old and far too sick.

Prayer works in mysterious ways.........

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join