It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict XVI and His Failing Health

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
everything seems to be settling in very well if you remember he is the last pope before the evil one comes into power so will be interesting times indeed ahead. Is this the end of the world as we know it?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Thanks you guys for posting links to the pope prophecy!

But I should have been clearer with my request,
I meant did anyone have a link to any information about the pope retiring in April of 2012.

I'm familiar with the pope prophecy,
actually thats the main reason I keep my eyes peeled on any news about the pope and/or his health.

but thanks for the effort!
Cos someone else might decided to check them out
be intrigued by the prophecies

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
People are against anyone who claims to have inherited authority. Everyone wants to be their own king and own God, and so anyone claiming higher authority must be destroyed. The Pharisees persecuted and hated Jesus, ignoring the good works He had done, because He claimed to have higher authority than they, straight from God. Likewise the same people hate the successors of the apostles. So they will ignore the good works and only focus on the bad, not because of the works themselves but because they despise anyone who has inherited authority. The bad works are just an excuse for the real reason of their hatred. Which is why they claim false things like the Vatican's budget or the entire catholic church is filled with pedophiles.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I cant find a link to the source for the txt dump. It dumps out and then is searched for keywords. I did also read an article on the vatican website i believe but cant find the tx dump for that one.

I look at such great volumes of info, nothing stick out anymore and i dump the spiders as fast as they fill up anymore. I think there are enough clues to search it from the dump below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to Italian daily newspaper "Libero", Pope Benedict XVI is thinking about leaving the papacy next April, when he will turn 85

ANdrea Tornielli
Vatican City

There is one front page news story that will certainly not go unnoticed: that is, that the Pope is thinking about resigning during the Spring of 2012. Journalist Antonio Socci has confirmed the same in the Italian daily, Libero.

"For now,” Socci writes, “he is saying that this may be true (Joseph Ratzinger’s personal assumption), but I hope the story does not reach the news. But this rumor is circulating high up in the Vatican and therefore deserves close attention. The Pope has not rejected the possibility of his resignation when he turns 85 in April next year.”

Socci recalls that the assumption he will resign, without any hitches, was the same thing Ratzinger talked about in an interview in the book “Luce del mondo” (Light of the World), when, in response to a question by interviewer Peter Seewald, he said: “When a Pope arrives at a clear awareness that he no longer has the physical, mental, or psychological capacity to carry out the task that has been entrusted to him, then he has the right, and in some cases, even the duty to resign.” Furthermore, in another passage, Benedict XVI wondered if he would be able to “withstand it all, just from the physical point of view.”

(ok im dead tired. This is the Vatican dump referring to the Italian article) Im useless right now. Good Night.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

The vatican is in control of billions of dollars in gold and assets

So basically this is what it boils down to? Fiscal jealousy? Throw money at the problem as long as it is someone else's money and that will make it go away?

The problems of the Roman Catholic church are of their own making in many respects, and some remedy could be effected by removing the celibacy requirement. This would not remove the problem completely but there is a much smaller incidence of the abuse of children by priests of other regions where celibacy is not a requirement and the normal male urges have an outlet.

To ascribe the attribute of evil to the whole of the hierarchy of the RC Church because of the crimes of some of the priests is somewhat like saying that the whole of the government of a given country is evil because it fails to prevent the abuse of children by citizens in it's population. And don't speak of cover-ups because you can rest assured that governments throughout the world perform evil deeds and cover them up.

No one is perfect, unless perhaps you are since you see fit to call the RC Church evil? Are you without sin? Are you a model and upstanding citizen to whom we can point and say "there is the model to which we should all strive to mould ourselves."

Look to many religions and you will see evil. You will see in the past human sacrifice in it's name, you will see mutilation in it's name both past and present, you will see repression and suppression but you will also see some good works as well.

No person is perfect, no religion is perfect, but that is no reason to blanket each an every one of them with the epithet 'evil' because of the transgressions of the few.

Oh, and I am an atheist by the way so I have no axe to grind.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

This is where the rumour started.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
well.....the next Pope isnt technically the last pope...in my readings and studies of the Popes...

Pope Benedict XVI (Predicts that he would die in early 2012)

the next to rise to power is claimed to be Pope Pius XIII (Peter the Roman) as for seen by Pope Pius X he rises to power during the beginning the Tribulation, its said it will be Cardinal Francis Arinze

He escapes the Vatican during WW3, he and his clergy are captured, clergy is killed in front of him, he is than blinded and dies a Martyr for his religion in 2013

See what happens, 2012 will be a year to remember or another dud

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
He's a Nazi, of course he's using his position for power...and supernatural power! :L

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Dear NuclearPaul,

Look at the comments above. Would proof mean anything to anybody here? And what would you accept as proof, his writings?

And is there anyone that you wish to go to Hell? For a moment, I'm stunned.

With respect,
Charles1952

no one is starring your comments, and they ARE starring his/hers. Seems they agree with the latter

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I also will pray he gets better, however to say he has no interest in personal power and is only interested in his people,is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard!. If he was not interested in power, he would not be in the position at all, by nature of what goes on in the RC church,he must have played the game very well to achieve his current standing.

I am not trying to argue with you or upset you, but you are here and have no doubt seen the multitude of posts about the rc church and monies /power that it yields.

Your suggestions defy logic.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Dear Gwampo,

I appreciate your point, it proves to me, yet again, that I have to work on my writing skills. I didn't intend to write about stars or how many people agreed with any particular position.

What I meant to convey was the idea that a lot of the posts seemed to be calling, rather violently, for the death of the Pope. It didn't seem to me that offering a collection of his writings, or the opinions of others, was going to stop the train of condemnation from roaring down this particular track.

It seemed to me, from the tone of the posts, that evidence was not going to be listened to, so I asked NuclearPaul about it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Dear brommas,

Thank you for your concern and response. It doesn't seem to me that you are arguing with me, and you haven't upset me. I'm glad you took the time to write.

I am a little surprised that you think I'm defying logic and making ridiculous statements. Let me try to address your concerns.

I don't know what you mean by his being interested in personal power, consider:

He was the oldest man to be elected Pope in about 300 years, and he knew his time was short. He had written several times that he wanted to retire and return to his home in Bavaria. When he turned 70, as the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, he turned in his resignation and asked to be assigned to the Vatican Library. He resigned again when he turned 75. Each time his resignation was rejected.

About his election to the Papacy, "Cardinal Ratzinger had hoped to retire peacefully and said that "At a certain point, I prayed to God 'please don't do this to me'...Evidently, this time He didn't listen to me."

Personal power? It didn't seem to be in his make-up. Besides, power for what? He doesn't have personal funds to try to enlarge, he doesn't have children to start a dynasty. He doesn't have an army. All he has are the People of the Church.

WIth respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

"He is a leader who is not concerned for personal power, but only for his people. " Which people would that be, catholics or the pedeophiles he hid for years. Wow I hope when he sees the pearly gates Jesus laughs at him and says begone you never knew me! The whole church is a joke. By the way I was born and raised catholic and turned out to be a survivor. All catholics need to get their heads out of their asses and stop giving to the evil within. He was very much apart of the coverup as was the "saint" before him. As my gmom use to say as she was growing up in Ireland. How can there be so many poor catholics and the church build castles around them. Truly unbelievable

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Dear 211212,

There is a good post earlier in the thread that provides some information about the cover-up, you may want to go back to it. Of course, I'm sorry about your falling out with the Church, it sounds very painful. Please remember that pain can sometimes distort our thinking processes and I would ask you to explore the subject with a little less passion.

Please, also remember that forgiveness and repentance are necessary parts of our lives. We can't deny them without hurting ourselves.

It's easy to take the simplest explanation as the correct one, but usually real life is more complicated than our theories.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
well.....the next Pope isnt technically the last pope...in my readings and studies of the Popes...

Pope Benedict XVI (Predicts that he would die in early 2012)

the next to rise to power is claimed to be Pope Pius XIII (Peter the Roman) as for seen by Pope Pius X he rises to power during the beginning the Tribulation, its said it will be Cardinal Francis Arinze

He escapes the Vatican during WW3, he and his clergy are captured, clergy is killed in front of him, he is than blinded and dies a Martyr for his religion in 2013

See what happens, 2012 will be a year to remember or another dud

Thank you for the summary. I appreciate it even if nobody else does.

I'm tuned in to watch.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Though this is not a comment about the Pope it is a reflection of the religious organization he heads.
I just read this in a March 21, 2011 edition of Peoples Magazine in the Mailbag section.
Titled: "Father John Fiala"
" Now we have a case where a catholic priest has taken things a step further and allegedly hired a hit man to murder the under aged boy he is accused of Raping."
The article then goes on to describe the church’s attempt to cover it up by moving Fiala from parish to parish. No organization can really be held morally responsible by the actions of a crazy individual but covering it up does make the whole Catholic Church responsible and an accessory to the crimes.
See discussion Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti
reply to post by Misoir

Although the national catholic reporter is clearly an unbiased source.. the things you state dont really go far enough and seem to be a case of talking the talk not walking the walk.
A man in his position has great power and the potential of good he could do is huge, in a influence and power scale his actions are no different from your average person spending 1 hour a year in a soup kitchen.
He has covered up pedophile crimes by paying off the victims and this is known, it doesnt matter if you do it once or one million times, it is still scum.
The vatican is in control of billions of dollars in gold and assets yet do not even use 10% of their power and influence to help the problems they convince followers they are so adament at stopping.
I could go on for ages but the fact is that the pope and vatican are evil

The Catlick Church certainly has its issues, but evil!?!

I suggest you check out the millions that go to the poor via the Church. Or perhaps the thousands of missionaries in Africa, Asia, and elsewhere. Catholic Charities works hard to provide adoptions for abandoned babies.
And of course, the pot lucks. My dear God, the pot lucks!

And Mardi Gras. And St. Patrick's day (My liver would agree with you that those are evil, I guess).

Mardi Gras is the day before Lent begins. A Catholic celebration. You glutton it up before the period of repentence. For what good is fasting and repenting without creating yourself a dang good amount of guilt. You clearly have no concept of what it means to be a Catholic. (Probably a boring Protestant

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Mardi Gras is the day before Lent begins. A Catholic celebration. You glutton it up before the period of repentence.

It didn't start out as feast of gluttony.. but rather a time to to eat foods that would go bad because of fasting during lent. It was based on practicality....but has turned into a celebration of debauchery and drunkenness,and sexual perversion for many. Keep in mind many who celebrate mardi gras in this way..are not the truly faithful.

My prayers are with the pope.. and I pray for his health and his soul.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have heard the next Pope could be the last from most tv evangilists, Impe, Lindsay, and others

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join