It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fisherman catches 4 deer!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thanks lots for sharing, no matter how old it is. I love reading this sorta stuff, and find that I still have some faith in humans.
But, if you interested, I recently purchased the book below and thought it a fantastic read. So I am recommending if anyone is interested...
www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Also on a Side note, you can hear some of her stories - Animal Hero's on the following link:

www.lauralee.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

HAHA that was amazing! must've been the father of happy feet. Hope that penguin still lives, think if the boat wasn't there they would've eventually got him. Great video!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by unckleovabava

That was one long sentence...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
noooo, everyone has it all wrong, they aren't just intuitive, they are ETs lol
i have proof! we had a pure bred collie and a west highland white terrier.
the collie was a girl, the terrier is a boy. the collie was much older than the terrier.

now this terrier was from a breed that was specifically bred to be domineering. whereas the
collie is a sweet tempered breed, for the most part. anyway one day, the door to our back porch
was open and the terrier was out on the back porch, looking back inside the house. i was out there with
him and wondered what he was staring at. i got up and looked thru the door and he was staring at the collie
who was standing there inside the house, staring back at the terrier. they stayed this way for at least
3 minutes. i kept looking back and forth between them. i was like.....okay these two are having an inaudible conversation! . you could almost hear it! it was like the terrier was saying, in his younger more rambunctious way, "come on! come outside, let's go sniff grass and chase bugs!" and the older, more subdued collie was like "no, i'm tired, and it's nice and cool in here and i've chased enough bugs in my life. i'll pass." back and forth, back and forth. "Aww, come on. you're no fun!" ... "Well you know when you get as old as i am..."

no really. weirdest conversation i've ever observed, because you could just tell. the terrier was wagging his tail energetically and his ears were perked up. and the collie was just bleh.

but that's not all, oh no, that is not all.
my son comes to me a few days ago and says you won't believe this but i think the dog and the cat are communicating. i was like, WHAT? this is what happened, apparently. we have two doors into and out of our kitchen. they slide. one at one end, and another at the other end. the dog, who as i have indicated is like a mini napoleon, likes to have access to all rooms in the house, particularly the master bedroom which he views as THE DOG DEN. well when my hubby needs to rest, he often has to kick the dog out and put him in the kitchen area and close both doors. the kitchen area has an attached sitting area in which my computer resides. so often end up sharing the enclosed space with the dog, when he is barred from the master bedroom.

anyway, somebody walked thru one of the doors, and didn't shut it immediately. normally, the terrier would make a bolt for it, to regain access to that area and to the master bedroom, but he was being groomed and couldn't do so. he looks over at the cat, who rises up and goes over and lays in the doorway, so that door cannot be shut without removing him. now the dog does that normally, when he wants the option of access to either the master bedroom or the kitchen, he'll perch or lay himself in the doorway and refuse to move. the cat, however, did not do this ever before, in fact, he's only been with the family for 2 months, so he hasn't had the time to even familarize himself with the dog's habits. as a result, my son theorized, that the dog, who was detained at the moment, told the cat to go lay in the doorway so that it couldn't be shut, until such time as he was finished with his grooming.

and you know, i think he's right. the animals apparently speak the same languages. they must be multi-lingual!

edit on 18-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You sure have a houseful of talkative animals! Sounds like a happy home. I remember hearing a parrot complain loudly not in so many words but we were teasing the bird (gently by touching his tail feathers which he hated) and when his owner came upon us he said to the bird, "what are they doing to you" well this bird unleashed a torrent of sounds that were just like a small child complaining vigorously and tattle-tailing about being bothered by a sibling or something. It was the funniest thing at the time. My friend and I were rolling with laughter as this bird went on complaining up a storm. Peace and thank you for that addition. Very entertaining!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

That looks like a wonderful book! Thanks for adding it and posting here.
I think I will look it up in the local library. Stories like that are heart warming for those with hearts to warm. lol

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by undo

You sure have a houseful of talkative animals! Sounds like a happy home. I remember hearing a parrot complain loudly not in so many words but we were teasing the bird (gently by touching his tail feathers which he hated) and when his owner came upon us he said to the bird, "what are they doing to you" well this bird unleashed a torrent of sounds that were just like a small child complaining vigorously and tattle-tailing about being bothered by a sibling or something. It was the funniest thing at the time. My friend and I were rolling with laughter as this bird went on complaining up a storm. Peace and thank you for that addition. Very entertaining!

you're welcome and i'm glad you enjoyed it. my hubby is like tarzan. animals love him. he said his idea of heaven is to have his own jungle planet, with 2 orangutan guards and a big grass hut. that fits him perfectly. when he gets depressed by life, i remind him that animals are a good judge of character and that even if some guy at his job doesn't like him, the animals know, ohhh yes the animals know that he's a good man.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The deer looked real happy to be on the boat.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Truly, the fishermen have done a great deed! Perhaps, they should reconsider their "line of work" and go out into the waters more often to scout out for anymore "strange encounters". This fine example goes to show that mere humans are NOT that hopeless after all. Hmm... [making my notes, checking it twice, scribble, scrbble...]

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
DANGIT!!!!
I aint got ONE deer this season, and this guy gets four!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Would that be Doefish instead of tunafish in a can??

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

This is more for people reading this, then the OP.

BUT Animals/creatures are a lot more intelligent than people give them credit. That's all.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Now that's funny!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
as they say " Any Port In a Storm"

helping mother nature when ya can is a good thing.

But could be argued not always the right thing.
[members I am not trying to start that argument, just stating a thought]

although letting that penguin take refuge on the zodiac
was highly dangerous
for the humans.

if the Orca's had capsized that vessel...
all those people surely would have perished.
Not 1 is wearing a cold water survival suit

glad to see that in both situations...
everything work out for all party's involved... Black Tail Deer, Penguin, Orca's, and humans

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Originally posted by Raivan31

When we had the crazy hurricane type winds come through here about a week ago in Pasadena, CA, I had a huge Great Dane that wouldn't leave the side of my house and a cat that wouldn't leave my front porch. All on the day of the winds.

It was very strange. I have 2 pitbulls that were inside with us and these other animals just wouldn't leave my property. I did call the humane society to pick them up though and they were taken to safety just before the winds blew through and have both since been adopted...yay!

In the past, I've had wild female peacocks come down from the mountains for no apparent reason, a coyote that used to visit a Rottweiler I had. The coyote would come over like clock work every night and hang out with my dog "Buster". For about a month after Buster died, a mountain lion started to come around as well and walk on the wall that surrounds my house.

Animals are amazing and very intuitive

There is no doubt that animals are far more intuitive than us. A friend of mine was in Japan when it was hit by the earthquake earlier this year. He says that all the birds started flying minutes before the whole thing happened. There are many stories of animals saving people and people saving wild animals and not being harmed.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

this man has done something great on so many levels. he has helped 4 lives. he has fostered good human-animal relations at least with those four. and im sure they will if not find humans less fearsome, perhaps at least know that not all humans are bad and that some are even willing to help you, even at your most vulnerable, without expecting anything in return. in all, a lot of love went down on that day lol

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
well fish are getting quite deer now hehe

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've seen whitetail swim the Delaware river over the years, never would have believed until witnessing it.
The strangest thing I caught with a friend was 18 cases of Budweiser.

Beer trucked rolled over on road. Didn't get any better when you are 17yrs old.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Wow. Just some amazing stories there. I know a guy who lives around St Petes here in Florida and he tells me a monkey comes to visit his dog and hangs out there chattering to the dog as if he could hear. I didn't know quite what to make of that but it is truly amazing what you he and others tell me animals will do. I have always had a love of animals but I wasn't fully aware of their psychic ability and that is what much of this seems to be. Thanks for sharing those stories.

I love nothing more than sharing stories about animals. I have so many more stories as I volunteer at a wild life refuge camp for animals, but those were the recent ones. At the camp we have chimps (the babies are really cool), lions, ligers, grizzley bears, gators, wolves (I work mostly with the wolves and the baby chimps), etc.. Anything that the circus, zoos, irresponsible animal collectors have and no longer want just about, we house.

You guys have monkeys in Florida
...now that beats all I ever heard and very cool might I add!

This is really an awesome thread BTW...thank you

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join