It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fisherman catches 4 deer!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
In a world of bad news and worse news - this is a really great story for a change.

Here it is with pics...

www.facebook.com...

They look pretty happy.

Whopper of a Fish Tale: 4 Deer Caught by Charter Fishing Boat / Goodnews Network
www.goodnewsnetwork.org...

December 10, 2011 By Second Chance Ranch (Elma, WA) · Some fishing stories are a little hard to believe, But this guy has pictures to prove his story... Tom Satre told the Sitka Gazette that he was out with a charter group on his 62-foot fishing vessel when four juvenile black-tailed deer swam directly toward his boat. "Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking directly at us. We could tell right away that the young bucks were distressed.

I opened up my back gate and we helped the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals onto the boat. In all my years fishing, I've never seen anything quite like it! “Once on-board, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering. We headed for Taku Harbour. Once we reached the dock, the first buck that we had been pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest.”

the smallest deer needed some help so they hauled him ashore in a wheelbarrow.

This is an amazing story! Hard to believe it actually happened until you check out the pictures.
While researching it (and sorry I can't find the Sitka Gazette story as it originally appeared) I came across another story about a woman finding a baby seal in her house in the Netherlands and the Seal proceeded to take a nap on her couch!

Something peculiar is happening with the animals lately.

edit on 18-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Me to Fisherman: Your doing it wrong.

2nd line.

EDIT: Nature sometimes stops and goes "damn it, gonna have to ask the humans for help i suppose..."

I once read a story about some brittish people living in africa, a lioness brought her cubs in to their home and left them there because she was dying and couldn't look after them herself, she must have figured that the humans were the best hope.

Animals don't entirely mistrust us.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

It's a nice story. Aside from the date the article was posted, I didn't see a date in the link, and I don't do Facebook, so I don't know if this was claimed to have been a recent incident or not.

Originally posted by newcovenant

Just an FYI: This happened at least a year ago.
JuneauEmpire

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Additional pics.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ef1635d5f2d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b4af79a16.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 12/18/11 by BrokenCircles because: pics

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i know this story is true ive caught deer in boats my asshole unckle drowns them when they swim by he is a hunter i hunt as well but iam not into killing cruly i grab the with a noose wand and pull them onto the boat and let em off onto shore are if theyre big and exhausted hold their head above water and float drag em next to me to get em to the nearest shore got to be careful though a white tail buck with 12 points will seriously # u up if he gets pissed while ur releasing him

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

2nd line.

EDIT: Nature sometimes stops and goes "damn it, gonna have to ask the humans for help i suppose..."

I once read a story about some brittish people living in africa, a lioness brought her cubs in to their home and left them there because she was dying and couldn't look after them herself, she must have figured that the humans were the best hope.

It appears you are right here Raivan. I wonder how do they know they can trust the human being? Do they take a chance or do they "know" the people will not shoot and mount their little heads on a block of wood? That is a fascinating account of the lioness. Amazing too. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

It's a nice story. Aside from the date the article was posted, I didn't see a date in the link, and I don't do Facebook, so I don't know if this was claimed to have been a recent incident or not.

Just an FYI: This happened at least a year ago.
JuneauEmpire

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Additional pics.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ef1635d5f2d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b4af79a16.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 12/18/11 by BrokenCircles because: pics

Thanks for locating that. It is a longer story. According to the FB page it was written as if it happened a few days ago. Since I could not find the story in "NEWS" or here on ATS I suspected it must have not been recent.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by unckleovabava
i know this story is true ive caught deer in boats my asshole unckle drowns them when they swim by he is a hunter i hunt as well but iam not into killing cruly i grab the with a noose wand and pull them onto the boat and let em off onto shore are if theyre big and exhausted hold their head above water and float drag em next to me to get em to the nearest shore got to be careful though a white tail buck with 12 points will seriously # u up if he gets pissed while ur releasing him

I guess you answered my question to Raivan. That is pretty sad about your uncle it really is. I hope he at least keeps the animal for food. You however I applaud. I wonder why some people are born more empathetic and with bigger hearts than others. I wonder if not having much of a heart is a human deformity? Is he lacking something or do you have something extra? You are the better person however in my opinion without any doubt. I kind of hope that when and if there is a choice nature is kind to you and as cruel to your uncle as he to it. You will have to make a note of how he dies. Stomped to death by a buck in the woods? Sorry, as you are related but I think it might be fitting and you can tell him I said so.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by unckleovabava

What the heck did you just say?
Boy, I don't understand a word you just said...
edit on 18-12-2011 by samlf3rd because: had to make it funnier.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I know animals are not dumb and that when they are in trouble they will accept help

because I have rescued wild scared animals and They know ,they also rescue each other

check the Elk who rescues a drowning marmot!!

Elk rescues marmot with video

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

2nd line.

It appears you are right here Raivan. I wonder how do they know they can trust the human being? Do they take a chance or do they "know" the people will not shoot and mount their little heads on a block of wood? That is a fascinating account of the lioness. Amazing too. Thanks.

When we had the crazy hurricane type winds come through here about a week ago in Pasadena, CA, I had a huge Great Dane that wouldn't leave the side of my house and a cat that wouldn't leave my front porch. All on the day of the winds.

It was very strange. I have 2 pitbulls that were inside with us and these other animals just wouldn't leave my property. I did call the humane society to pick them up though and they were taken to safety just before the winds blew through and have both since been adopted...yay!

In the past, I've had wild female peacocks come down from the mountains for no apparent reason, a coyote that used to visit a Rottweiler I had. The coyote would come over like clock work every night and hang out with my dog "Buster". For about a month after Buster died, a mountain lion started to come around as well and walk on the wall that surrounds my house.

Animals are amazing and very intuitive

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
I know animals are not dumb and that when they are in trouble they will accept help

because I have rescued wild scared animals and They know ,they also rescue each other

Amazing! Thank you for that Mrs Blond!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Wow. Just some amazing stories there. I know a guy who lives around St Petes here in Florida and he tells me a monkey comes to visit his dog and hangs out there chattering to the dog as if he could hear. I didn't know quite what to make of that but it is truly amazing what you he and others tell me animals will do. I have always had a love of animals but I wasn't fully aware of their psychic ability and that is what much of this seems to be. Thanks for sharing those stories.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

Amazing! Thank you for that Mrs Blond!

once I had a friend who raised Thoroughbred Horses, one winter we had a week long blizzard that just soaked all the horse corrals in two feet of frozen mud,it was a nightmare. We had put all the horses under shelter except two , two year old colts,this because they were wild and no one could catch them.

so I'm looking out the kitchen window and I can see them dieing of exposure right in front of my eyes. I said to my friend ,"those colts are dying ,I'm going to go rescue and put them under shelter with the rest." She said ," it's useless you can't get near them.I said."I have to try"

so I grabbed some halters and braved the storm and two feet of mud and opened the first pen, The uncatchable colt literally threw himself into my arms. So much for that! I put them under shelter they recovered and were fine. and after that on better days you still couldn't catch them!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Amazing how those deer trusted humans.
Look how this penquin escapes a orca.
Pretty brave and smart little guy.

edit on 18-12-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

Amazing how those deer trusted humans.
Look how this penquin escapes a orca.
Pretty brave and smart little guy.

edit on 18-12-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

wow ,the penguin was all can I hangout with you guys for awhile? what really gets me is the whales saw him on the boat and just kinda so to speak shrugged and swam away!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Another hair raiser Mrs Blond! You must lead quite the rugged and exciting out door life!
Not for the faint of heart that's for sure. What a great experience to share. Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

That too was a clever little guy. I half expected the whales to capsize the boat in order to catch the little fellow. That they did not for whatever reason is as odd to me as the smart penguin who jumped into it. What a good find!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A couple years ago there was a lot of flooding near Wanganui (New Zealand) - there were some news stories (sorry, I can't find any links) about some cows that were swept down the river and out to sea. Up to 7 days later some poor things were still found swimming in the sea! I thought it was amazing that a big cow could swim that long - maybe something similar happened to the deer, maybe they got caught in a current running from dogs or hunters...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Aww,

they look adorable and beautiful.

That one picture with him wheeling the deer in the wheel barrow is cute. lol

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ovumcranium
A couple years ago there was a lot of flooding near Wanganui (New Zealand) - there were some news stories (sorry, I can't find any links) about some cows that were swept down the river and out to sea. Up to 7 days later some poor things were still found swimming in the sea! I thought it was amazing that a big cow could swim that long - maybe something similar happened to the deer, maybe they got caught in a current running from dogs or hunters...

oh dear !! those poor cows!!

newcovenenant

I used to . I could tell these stories for days!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join