It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say they’re getting closer to Matrix-style instant learning... and Mind control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
io9.com...
www.nsf.gov...

New research published today in the journal Science suggests it may be possible to use brain technology to learn to play a piano, reduce mental stress or hit a curve ball with little or no conscious effort. It's the kind of thing seen in Hollywood's "Matrix" franchise.

Neuroscientists have found that pictures gradually build up inside a person's brain, appearing first as lines, edges, shapes, colors and motion in early visual areas. The brain then fills in greater detail to make a red ball appear as a red ball, for example.

And while the so-called neurofeedback method could one day be used to teach you kung fu, or to aid spinal-injury patients on the road to rehabilitation, evidence also suggests the technology could be used to target people without their knowledge, opening doors to numerous important ethical questions.

The researchers found that this learning approach worked even when test subjects weren't aware of what they were learning. What are the [I]real world[/I] implications of this?

The finding brings up an inevitable question. Is hypnosis or a type of automated learning a potential outcome of the research?

"In theory, hypnosis or a type of automated learning is a potential outcome," said Kawato. "However, in this study we confirmed the validity of our method only in visual perceptual learning. So we have to test if the method works in other types of learning in the future. At the same time, we have to be careful so that this method is not used in an unethical way."

My opinion? If it can be used for hypnosis or mind control, it probably will be used for hypnosis or mind control. History has shown this time and again…

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I recall rumers about Nintendo developing its next
Wii console to be mind control. I wonder if they are true now.

I hope to be able to program my children

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Right, but you do know that mind control has been around for a loooooong time?

However, its still unfair to simply declare its going to be used to control our minds before it even exist. Do you know there are people in power that's sole goal in life is not to destroy you? Seriously, they could care less about your mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Very fascinating!

Science is once again playing catch-up to spiritual/metaphysical/ethereal/occult understandings. People are so quick to dismiss the Akasha and even the shared infinite consciousness. Yet, where else are savants and prodigies pulling their talents and knowledge from? Using computers, monitors, and energy frequencies is only verifying what metaphysically trained practitioners have known for a very long time.

edit on 12/17/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Right, but you do know that mind control has been around for a loooooong time?

Yes I did which is why I said this:

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
My opinion? If it can be used for hypnosis or mind control, it probably will be used for hypnosis or mind control. History has shown this time and again…

However, its still unfair to simply declare its going to be used to control our minds before it even exist. Do you know there are people in power that's sole goal in life is not to destroy you?

Yes, I do know that... I'm not worried about myself, it's the ones that they are interested in controlling that I'm concerned about. You, yourself said that it has been around for a long time. What about the test subjects? Are they any less valuable that you and I are?

Seriously, they could care less about your mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If it can be used for hypnosis or mind control, it probably will be used for hypnosis or mind control.

GREAT find. FYI - this has been going on for a while, especially in politics. From 2005: Neuro-Marketing: Straight to the Brain.

Also check out MemoryShock's work - this is his specialty.

S&F

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

They have not to my knowledge got anything like instant learning but they certainly have mind control. They first managed mind control in 2011 if memory serves me right. They have not told the public about this and i dont beileve they ever will.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 000010

They first managed mind control in 2011 if memory serves me right. They have not told the public about this and i dont beileve they ever will.

lol, so how do you know if it was never made public??????

new topics

top topics

join