It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK so I'm not the most ...person.... in the world... anyway here but here is the (unaired) pulled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I think it must be the holidays, or something that has affected me
........ anyway here is the commercial Lowes pulled from advertisement in the American Muslim television series.

I don't see what's so bad about it? It looks ............ pretty cool

Anyway I want to ask you ATS ......... does America "want" to see Muslims in a bad light? Do I want to see Muslims in a bad light?

I don't really understand what's going on right now!! LOL

I had always seen Muslims as the "enemy", even tho my son has a kid in his class who is his best friend, his name is "Jihad", who the @#$% names their kid Jihad?!?!? My son is 9, and I'm guessing this kid is the same age.....after 9-11....how could you name your kid Jihad??...... Last year my son and this kid played "Mass Effect" and they went on the "suicide" mission!!!

Anyway this kid is cool, and he is my son's best friend, I've met his mother, she has been in a Hijab every time that I've met her, but she seems perfectly nice. I just can't get past what she wears, is there something wrong with me?? Don't answer that I know there is!!! ......... anyway folks, I think everyone needs to watch this video, and then decide.

I guess what I'm trying to say here ..... is maybe....... they are not all that bad!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

Anyway I want to ask you ATS ......... does America "want" to see Muslims in a bad light? Do I want to see Muslims in a bad light?

Ding Ding Ding!!!!
Well not America as a whole just the governing bodies.
edit on 17/12/2011 by TOMFROMOZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Honestly, some of the nicest most humble people I know
just happen to be muslim.

It's just the extremists that kinda spoil it for the rest
Oh yeah and Iraq did'nt do the west to many favours
Geez, thanks for that Junior

edit on 17-12-2011 by LeLeu because: oops

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Lowe's pulled a commercial because their consumer base didn't approve. And? Shop at Home Depot next time. There are many who don't like Muslims or approve of their culture .. personally, I can totally see their point of view regarding their customs that are blatantly anti-American value. The TLC show portraits American Muslims as being typical Americans, which most second generation Islamic immigrants end up being. Seems like propaganda to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Maybe look up the word, instead of assuming what everyone thinks Jihad means.

It means "be the best you can be", or "raise above the norm to excellence." Which is more likely why the child is called such. After 9/11 everyone just swallowed the whole jihad word and took it for what the MSM brainwashed us with, which is a holy war against the west. It's a crock of BS, just wish more actually knew this...

Like any religion, Islam has it's share of good and bad. People tut tut at Catholic priests these days for what some of them have to done to children, but it is still accepted that Cathlocism is ok, just coz it's a western religion.

Yes, you are right. There are some evil Muslims in the world. There are also some evil Christians, Hindu, whatever. Doesn't make them all bad...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You're not bad, just human.
I sometimes worry about whom my son plays with, but that is just being a parent.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

After Lowe’s made it public that it had pulled its ads from the TLC reality series, All-American Muslim, boycotts have been called, protests planned, and it even got hip-hop mogul, Russell Simmons, attempting to buy out the remaining advertising on the show.But for Gregory Bonsignore, Parvesh Cheena, and Rizwan Manji, the controversy inspired them to create a hilarious short film they’re calling the “unaired Lowe’s commercial for All-American Muslim.” "We actually threw it together at a meeting for Beta Testing, a Muslim Cosby Show we're pitching around," Bonsignore tells The Hollywood Reporter. The video follows two Muslim men as they shop at a Lowe’s store and attract suspicion with the items they are gathering. What could they be building? All is revealed at the end of the video.Lowe’s action was a result of pressure from conservative Christian group, the Florida Family Association (FFA). They argue, that “the show profiles only Muslims that appear to be ordinary folks while excluding many Islamic believers whose agenda poses a clear and present danger to liberties and traditional values that the majority of Americans cherish.”

The Hollywood Reporter
edit on 17-12-2011 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Oh and I totally agree!!! Based on THIS commercial I'd say even more American's are probably more likely to be "anit-muslim" and really I don't blame them!!

What was this commercial telling us? That Muslims buy fertilizer to put up their Christmas lights? WTF?? That Muslims seem like they are about to set off a bomb when they are really just setting up their Christmas lights?

I don't know, I agree with Lowes pulling their commercial, but I can't say I agree with the American sentiment that all Muslims are indeed bad!
edit on 17-12-2011 by WhoDat09 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This isn't an actual commercial, it is a parody filmed by comedic actors (they were both on the NBC show Outsourced).

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

this looks like something a highschool TV crew put together not company paying millions for a commercial.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
This isn't an actual commercial, it is a parody filmed by comedic actors (they were both on the NBC show Outsourced).

GAH!! I knew they looked familiar! I loved that show!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I don't think Americans want to see Muslims in a bad light. However, I do think people are pissed at Muslims for not doing more to correct / distance themselvs from the radical elements that hijacked the religion.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Maybe look up the word, instead of assuming what everyone thinks Jihad means.

It means "be the best you can be", or "raise above the norm to excellence." Which is more likely why the child is called such. After 9/11 everyone just swallowed the whole jihad word and took it for what the MSM brainwashed us with, which is a holy war against the west. It's a crock of BS, just wish more actually knew this...

Like any religion, Islam has it's share of good and bad. People tut tut at Catholic priests these days for what some of them have to done to children, but it is still accepted that Cathlocism is ok, just coz it's a western religion.

Yes, you are right. There are some evil Muslims in the world. There are also some evil Christians, Hindu, whatever. Doesn't make them all bad...

Thank you for that!! I really did think this kid was called Jihad because of a "war" with us!!

Well not really I did look up what the name meant, because my son was such good friends with him, and I have to say I didn't think that anyone in America could call their kid Jihad and expect anyone to "find the meaning"! She and her family have been here for years, they have a son who is older, I just can't imagine naming my child a name such as Jihad, and expecting everyone to just figure out what it meant, especially after 9-11!

With that said, I do feel bad for thinking the worst of his mother, I do feel bad for thinking the worst of men in turbans, I just don't know what to do about that.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

One word. Learn. I refused to be drip-fed the rubbish the media touted about Muslims after September 11, and studied the Muslim faith for what it was. It is more in depth than most people know.

As I said I'm not defending the actions of these few people who seek to cause terror, if it even is them behind the whole plot, but to me Islam is no better or no worse than any religion. Look to history in any faith and you'll see any religion at different points in times wreaked a terrible toll on those who didn't share their faith.
Start with the Colluseum in Rome in Pagan times. Go from there. You'd be surprised.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
After reading the replies in this thread all I can say is, WOW. That whole deny ignorance thing is just a suggestion here now I guess.

The McCarthyistic brainwashing and paranoia is alive and well. And this site is supposed to represent the people who are more informed? I am more disappointed with my fellow Americas every day.

I thought the comment about Muslims not doing enough to reign in their extremists way especially moronic. I could ask Xcath what Americans have done to reign in the extremist government that has been in power and flaunting it for the last 10 years.

How many people have been killed by American bullets, missiles, etc. in the last 10 years compared to how many people have been killed by Muslim extremists? Are you braindead?

I bet you think that there's no problem with us detaining "enemy combatants" indefinitely until "The War on Terror" (whatever the hell that even means) is over as well.

It's really pathetic how limited the ability for empathy (ie. seeing it from the other guy's perspective) is.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I think the real issue is criminal groups (like mafias) that also happen to be muslim and sharia law,... at least the more extreme aspects of it anyway.

To hate all muslims because of this is to hate all Americans because of redneck hillbillies, or republicans.

The media and PTB have done so much damage to peoples minds it really is quite sad.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

I think the real issue is criminal groups (like mafias) that also happen to be muslim and sharia law,... at least the more extreme aspects of it anyway.

To hate all muslims because of this is to hate all Americans because of redneck hillbillies, or republicans.

The media and PTB have done so much damage to peoples minds it really is quite sad.

Thank you! and I agree!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
No way! You mean he was a Muslim, and he and your son played the suicide mission on the video game!? Next thing that boy will talk your son into doing it for real! You and I both know what was probably going through that Muslim boys mind while he played that mission... "Hey this reminds me of what my parents told me about Uncle Jihad in Afghanistan, the one I'm named after. Someday I'm gonna follow his footsteps, and I just see this game as a practice run."
I mean... RIGHT???

THIS POST IS ALL INTENDED AS SARCASM. IF IT'S NOT ALLOWED, I GUESS IT WILL GET TAKEN DOWN, OR WHATEVER...

This however is serious... I don't think children under 12 or 13 should be playing violent video games. Maybe its your son who will get HIM into some trouble involving violence? Or both in equal responsibility. Whatever. Because you realize that by letting your son play those games long before certain "cement" begins to dry in the brain, you are essentially putting him through an Al Queda training camp, right? You tampered with the cement before it could dry. Now it will take another shape. Time will tell what that shape may be.

Oh, and just FYI, not getting mad at you or anything, but I'm pretty sure saying "maybe theyre not all that bad", is gonna offend anyone, and it comes off as very ignorant. They're human beings, of course they're not all that bad as a group. It's individuals who make decisions. While I realize that you seem to be growing and you are taking a good step towards tolerance and acceptance in your own personal journey, I thought my advice would help to facilitate this growth in some way. Now, their may be some things in the Muslim, or any religion, that does not work for me. But by all means if someone is a human being then they deserve our love and compassion as far as we can possibly manage. For me, there are the same rules for every human. The same lines that cannot be crossed before I give up, but yet still do not hate or wish ill upon them. The main one is you do not commit an act of violence against anyone other than a person who is facing you and is in agreement that you will engage in physical combat. You especially don't do that in front of me... Each person has their own threshholds on different issues, but I just try to include love and compassion for all as much as I can possibly and for as long as I possibly can. And I'm very very protective of women and children against supposed "tough guys" who prey on the weak. In those situations, you don't have to wait for a verbal agreement of combat because they have unknowingly already agreed to it by applying violence to someone unable to sufficiently defend themselves.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

I think it must be the holidays, or something that has affected me
........ anyway here is the commercial Lowes pulled from advertisement in the American Muslim television series.

I don't see what's so bad about it? It looks ............ pretty cool

I don't really understand what's going on right now!! LOL

I had always seen Muslims as the "enemy", even tho my son has a kid in his class who is his best friend, his name is "Jihad", who the @#$% names their kid Jihad?!?!? My son is 9, and I'm guessing this kid is the same age.....after 9-11....how could you name your kid Jihad??...... Last year my son and this kid played "Mass Effect" and they went on the "suicide" mission!!!

Anyway this kid is cool, and he is my son's best friend, I've met his mother, she has been in a Hijab every time that I've met her, but she seems perfectly nice. I just can't get past what she wears, is there something wrong with me?? Don't answer that I know there is!!! ......... anyway folks, I think everyone needs to watch this video, and then decide.

I guess what I'm trying to say here ..... is maybe....... they are not all that bad!

Nothing wrong with worrying about who your son is friends with, but be careful not to confuse prejudice with good parenting. In other words, don't avoid the glaring issues of your son playing suicide games just because you don't want to appear prejudiced. (Did I understand you right?) I compare this to all those people who voted for Barack Obama because they wanted to make the point they weren't prejudice, instead of voting for the person with the best record. They voted for a skin color based on principle with a load of promises in tow, and most are regretting it now.

On the other hand, LEARN about their religion and their practices...you don't have to convert, just seek to understand them. It's interesting to learn about why they wear what they wear and how it originated. Once you do, you'll look differently at why so many government agencies are trying to force them to remove these items. There are very deep, metaphysical (and even secret) reasons to the head dress and coverings, and the long hair. When you do learn, you'll wonder why WE don't do the same! Sometimes, just these basic tidbits of knowledge helps to ease our discomfort with things that seem so foreign to us. There's a lot of wisdom to their practices, even if I'll never become Muslim...my personal belief is that there is much to learn from all the major religions. I liken them to the 7 major chakras we have. Each one in its own right is good, if working properly, but they are far more powerful when all 7 are working in tandem with each other. I think we haven't learned to respect each religion as a needed aspect of our spiritual chakras, but rather forced them to war and compete with each other. Just my two cents though...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ShockTruther

Your post is amusing.. Aside from bieng a jack ass and going off on people, you failed miserably to actually explain what your position is and how it works. Care to check your arrogance at the door, set aside your map of moral high ground and come down to us mere mortals and explain what we are doing wrong?

Or would you rather jut continue to pontificate as if you can do no wrong while the rest of us engage in the topic.

By all means.. school us oh wise one...

/end sarcasm
edit on 17-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join