It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Strategic Missiles Can Penetrate U.S. Missile Shield

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

globalresearch.ca

Interfax-Military
December 16, 2011
MOSCOW: Nearly all of the silo-based and mobile missile systems belonging to the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) are equipped with warheads capable of overpowering missile defense shields, RVSN Commander Lt. Gen. Sergei Karakayev said.
"The capabilities of such combat means were demonstrated to U.S. technical control means during the trials of the Yars ground-based mobile missile system and the Bulava sea-based missile system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article, also just a little bit scary to say the least. Is it just me, or are all sides are gearing up for a new kind of cold war or maybe even something even worse?
This Lt. Gen. Sergei Karakayev makes it sound as if Russia is ready for anything.
Also it doesn’t help that the tension just keeps building between the U.S. and Russia over many other subjects as well. (The Russian Protests and Iran are just two examples.)
Just thought I’d share this with my fellow A.T.S.er’s.
Thanks.

globalresearch.ca

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This to say the least, does not bode well. China is taking an aggressive stance towards all surrounding countries and if the Russians follow suit, we've got some serious trouble brewing.

Getting nuked, well then it's beyond a worst nightmare scenario. Complete and utter chaos. I'm glad I have some survival skills (assuming I don't take a direct hit, or get radiated).
On the other hand, if we do get boots-to-the-ground, all those FEMA camps could come in handy, just as long as WE aren't the residents! S&F.
edit on 16-12-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I'm really disturbed and confused by Russia's reaction to this whole thing. It just doesn't make sense. It's absurd to think that the United States can ever make a missile shield based on one shot methods like Patriot anti-missile systems against Russia or China. They know it and we know it. More importantly, we all know each other knows that. So what is this all about??

Heck...We're JUST perfecting ballistic anti-missile interceptors as it is, and absolutely cannot produce and deploy the sheer numbers it would take to be a true "shield" of any kind against either of those two powers. A few dozen of these deployed strategically around Europe and South Asia would pretty well check-mate a nation like Iran tho...who could never mount the numbers to over come the interceptors. Just the opposite situation from Russia itself.

If Russia is REALLY this protective and touchy about Iran and Syria, we may REALLY want to take a big step back and re-evaluate this whole idea before going any further toward the point of total commitment against either of those 2 smaller nations. Iraq and Afghanistan have both worked to the extent they have because Russia was indifferent about Iraq and quietly enjoyed seeing their former enemies from the bad old days getting a good pasting from the Americans in Afghanistan.

Iran OR Syria becomes almost terminally stupid if Russia is serious about actually backing them with more than mere words and UN posturing. I'm starting to wonder...... are they REALLY that serious?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So basically we should have listened to Patton When he wanted the US to attack the soviets right at the end of ww2 and MacArthur for wanting to nuke the Chinese.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

This is a very interesting article, also just a little bit scary to say the least. Is it just me, or are all sides are gearing up for a new kind of cold war or maybe even something even worse?
This Lt. Gen. Sergei Karakayev makes it sound as if Russia is ready for anything.
Also it doesn’t help that the tension just keeps building between the U.S. and Russia over many other subjects as well. (The Russian Protests and Iran are just two examples.)
Thanks.

globalresearch.ca

A global war would sure fix alot of the world leaders problems.

I think it's coming.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

globalresearch.ca

Interfax-Military
December 16, 2011
MOSCOW: Nearly all of the silo-based and mobile missile systems belonging to the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) are equipped with warheads capable of overpowering missile defense shields, RVSN Commander Lt. Gen. Sergei Karakayev said.
"The capabilities of such combat means were demonstrated to U.S. technical control means during the trials of the Yars ground-based mobile missile system and the Bulava sea-based missile system.

Actually, this is what Russia's President Medvedev said on 11.23.2011:

eng.kremlin.ru...

First, I am instructing the Defence Ministry to immediately put the missile attack early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert.

Second, protective cover of Russia’s strategic nuclear weapons will be reinforced as a priority measure under the programme to develop our air and space defences.

Third, the new strategic ballistic missiles commissioned by the Strategic Missile Forces and the Navy will be equipped with advanced missile defence penetration systems and new highly-effective warheads.

Fourth, I have instructed the Armed Forces to draw up measures for disabling missile defence system data and guidance systems if need be. These measures will be adequate, effective, and low-cost.

Fifth, if the above measures prove insufficient, the Russian Federation will deploy modern offensive weapon systems in the west and south of the country, ensuring our ability to take out any part of the US missile defence system in Europe. One step in this process will be to deploy Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad Region.

The Russians, as well as the Americans, can claim anything they want to try to intimidate one another - this is what we can psychological warfare.

Also, the President's statement is very different from the General's and if the Russians had the means to breach the United States' domestic defense system, this statement would have come from the highest person in their government, which it did not.

With that said, I also agree that the progressing tensions are very disconcerting...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Is their any reason that Russian will defend the likes of Syria and perhaps Iran besides playing the devil's advocate to the Americans?

edit on 16-12-2011 by Phayte because: I figured it out, the Russians have a naval base in Syria which they plan on upgrading next year ...Ah hah lol

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Thanks.

globalresearch.ca

A global war would sure fix alot of the world leaders problems.

I think it's coming.

I agree with you 100% AGW.
Just seems like everything is going to slowly spin out of control soon.
IMO

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think they mean they can penetrate the US shield that uses MISSILES as a defense........if you see what im getting at......

Thanks.

globalresearch.ca

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well then the Russians shouldn't have anything to worry about eh?

If the US/West want to spend money on a missile shield designed to stop a "particular" country from launching a few missiles then why would the Russians [who know damn well] they could overwhelm it be so up in arms? [Excuse the pun]

As far as China goes, That's more of India and Russia's concern. Contrary to popular opinion I don't buy into the belief that all is rosy between the Chinese and Russians like many here do. They are not all buddy buddy, especially when one considers that China will be expanding both economically and militarily while the Russians have a much smaller economy and shrinking population coupled with the largest landmass to protect and guard.

History has shown us repeatedly that today's friends are often tomorrow's adversary. No, I'm not making any predictions here just saying is all.

edit on 16-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
^ Oh no doubt.....i think Russia will be a part of China MUCH sooner than the US will be. And it wont be because Russia "wanted to".

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Its those dang lasers that are a biaaaatch!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The only reason that the Russians are worried, is that with the 'advance' of US troops in the middle east conflicts, and the US bases already in Europe, the Russian Federation is being surrounded.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Considering that Turkey , USA and UK were backing the chechen rebels for a long time they have good reason not to trust anything american.Secondly ,Syria is a big ally,big time.Its stupid of USA attempting to destabilise Syria knowing that Russia could get involved.

Russia is not touchy about Iran,its mainly touchy about Syria.
edit on 16-12-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As long as russian has bioweapons and nukes ,china won't pull something.But yes they could buy parts of siberia in future definitely.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'd just like to take this moment to encourage ATS members who've never read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War", how vital it is right now to lay hands as fast as humanly possible on a copy. Read it, memorize it and teach it to your kids. The future of this Nation is dependent on it. (Okay, wait till the kids are older)

edit on 16-12-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

russian president is a puppet.Even the real power does not fully vested in Putin's hands.Its shared among some generals and Mr.Putin.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't know if Valdimir Zhironovsky is still about, but he is who we don't want in power.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time...'nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join