It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture. What is this? Is it real? Photo shopped?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A friend of mine posted this picture today to his profile. They were at a party and he snapped this picture. He cropped out other people who were in the picture so the angle looks kinda funny. But I thought I'd post it here to get some feedback. He has always had "confrontations" with the spirit world. I've known him for 10 years and it's always been one thing or another. I must admit, it's pretty creepy. If it's real. I know there are some photo experts on here who can tell if a photo is real or not. I'm curious to see what you have to say! Please let me know if the link doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aeriess

lol long story short- its photoshopped.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It looks like two guys. Of course there would be red eye, which can be easily cleaned up with almost any image manipulation software. It's just a regular picture.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-12-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've never seen a ghost with red eye before

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Could be two superimposed pictures. Although not very common on digital cameras. Tell your friend to find out which one of the guests has a missing front tooth, and he will find the culprit

Or, they could be just two nasty ghosts having fun...
The picture is spooky, nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

I loved taking pictures as a kid/teen. I would ride my bike to the photo developer shop down the street every weekend. One time my pictures came back superimposed. The first few scared the crap out of me until I realized what had happened! Looked a lot like this one. Grainy with faces in places they shouldn't be.

edit on 16-12-2011 by aeriess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aeriess

You don't post a cropped photo and ask if it is real. Post the actual photo along with this for context.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
light refraction paradigm effect caused by the grease on that guys neck

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aeriess

To me it looks like curtains in the background with a window behind them and a reflection off of the window through the curtains of two people standing in the room. Your friend should be able to identify the two people.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
Could be two superimposed pictures. Although not very common on digital cameras. Tell your friend to find out which one of the guests has a missing front tooth, and he will find the culprit

Or, they could be just two nasty ghosts having fun...
The picture is spooky, nonetheless.

I have never seen digital cameras superimpose onto a previous picture made (how would that work?.) However digital still do allow for way more editing and trickery then any analogue photo would ever allow.This trick shown in the picture posted in the OP can be achieved in just 4 clicks.

The only thing that makes this trick smart is that a picture was used of 2 faces in wich peoples eyes reflected the a camera.Other then that all i see is one picture pasted into the other transparently.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Pay no attention to those people behind the curtain!

Looking at the picture for a few minutes I can see how that could be done. If it wasn't a semi transparent surface, I would have a harder time trying to figure it out in a logical way.

That's my theory anyway, I just try to debunk before I believe, it's the only way to the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aeriess

Hey there!

Can we get the actual picture?

For what I can tell from your picture, its not fake.
But for some reason I have a little thought about that it could be a christmas party, where two fellas has some teeth in. And when he snapped the picture, it got all blurred and made that cool effect.

I must admit that the first guy in the picture looks pretty scary because of his mouth!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aeriess

Whatever is on his neck - is not right - there is something strange there.

The two faces could be faked but his neck area has some anomaly there.

Posting the entire photograph would help as the angle does not assist the viewer. Just cover the faces of people if you have to preserve identities.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Interesting photo (could be faked easily though)
I agree with the post above, the thing on the guys shoulder is the strangest part.

How many people were at the party? (small group or big)
Did you friend know everyone there?

I heard of a study a while back where some paranormal researchers where proposing that alcohol draws entities (good or bad) towards people when drunk, to the point where they can take over or join that person. Much like channelling except the easy way I guess.
Maybe these characters in the photo are watching and waiting in the wings for the right time and character to jump into. Greasy neck looks like a good candidate - just slide on in.
They said it was the best time they could do this as the persons guard is way way down.
When you think about it some people get soo drunk that they can't remember anything after a certain point and their friends have to tell them of all the wild and crazy things they said and did. And we all know those peeps who change dramatically with just a sniff of booze. hmmm.

It was an interesting study - not saying I believe it, this photo just reminded me of it.

Fun fact: Alcohol = Spirits, Devil Water, BOOze....
hmm I suddenly feel like a Vodka.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hey guys, i know this website where we can post this fake pic. I think they alll studges on there and they believe in anything. Lets see what kind of responses we get. HE,HE.

That was your mentality at the time when you put that fake pic on here, BUT what interests me more ,is that i think you were actually sober when you did it. In that case, THE LAUGH is on you, about you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Firstly, I believe that the picture you provided is rotated approximately 45 degrees to the left. The man in the white shirt should be standing correct?

The image of the two characters (or three with one having his back turned to the subject and the head out of the shot) on the right appear to be either behind a curtain, a reflection OR photoshopped using a multiply type blending mode. (or a paranormal glitch in the earth matrix)

The figures are relatively short (elbow height) as to suggest, kids, or adults sitting at a table or otherwise on a different floor height. I cannot make out what the darker area above the subject's right shoulder is ( can almost see a golf ball size eye with a slitted pupil.)

personally, I favor neither the "behind the curtain" nor the "reflection" idea. In either case you'd expect other things reflected or seen through, such as light fixtures/doorways, picture frames etc.

I am more inclined to go for the well done photoshop image...but I am open minded.

Whatever the case, the shadowed figures look mighty smiley and I do not believe that red eyes occur to through a curtain reflection, They have an unusually "evil" grin to them

edit on 16-12-2011 by Glargod because: new observation

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Creepy looking, but it looks like photoshop. Looks like some one added the image of people with red eye, tweaked it a bit and spit out this photo.

My call is not real.
edit on 16-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
When I see a picture, I always want to know what it is of. Why was someone taking a pic of part of a guys back and at an angel, then cropped part of it.

If I don't get a satisfactory answer to all of those questions then I throw it out. A pic like that with no further explanation isn't reasonable.

Then...you add in things like the iPhone Ghost App, and I find it hard to believe most any cell phone ghost pics these days.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aeriess
A friend of mine posted this picture today to his profile. They were at a party and he snapped this picture. He cropped out other people who were in the picture so the angle looks kinda funny. But I thought I'd post it here to get some feedback. He has always had "confrontations" with the spirit world. I've known him for 10 years and it's always been one thing or another. I must admit, it's pretty creepy. If it's real. I know there are some photo experts on here who can tell if a photo is real or not. I'm curious to see what you have to say! Please let me know if the link doesn't work.

Was this photo taken recently?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It's not a PS...just need to enlarge to see if the pixels are consistant and blend well...they do, but could be something else.

If it is a PS, it's one of the best I've seen.

The whole pic would help.
edit on 12/17/2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join