It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Olympics: 13,500 Troops To Be Deployed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

ON the olympics, it has dawned on me in the last few weeks what a scam it is. At the heart of it the olympics is a sporting event which is promoted by a private company, yet countries squable with each other and spend millions of pounds,dollers or whatever just to get this private sporting event hosted in their country.

I think the whole thing is pretty pointless anyhow. Just take a look at the winners/front runners and you will see that certain racial groups hold sway in the different sports. While being a nice idea for global interaction, it's hardly a level playing field.....
edit on 16-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not sure if you saw that programme last night it followed the furniture shop owner who had his 100year old store burnt to the ground in Croydon. Fascinating program that actually got into the minds of a few of the now remorseful rioters to see why they looted. Catch it here
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by starchild10

Well, if there is a terror attack it won't be in London will it? With all the now well documented military there.....

Fair point.

Though I think any serious terrorists would be well prepared and already in situ. The main value of troops would be in dealing with the aftermath. I hope our intelligence is up to speed.

Look at the Tube bombings, etc - in London whilst all the security was up at Gleneagles for the G8 summit.

If there is an attack, i believe it would follow a similar pattern, so instead of London it would be, say, Birmingham or Manchester, etc.

In all though, i do not actually think anything will happen other than a fortnight of Britain losing and lots of rain!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I did actually catch the end of that last night and from what I saw it was very interesting and strengthened my belief in restorative justice. However, a few weeks back I saw interviews with some of those who had been rioting and some said it was the best 3 days of their lives. They felt like they had scarred the establishment, that they had some sort of power for a change. I believe there will be many who shared this belief and why I predict more in the summer.
Nothing has changed for these kids on estates, their lives are not improving, in fact over the next 12 months, things will get a lot worse. They have nothing to lose anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Of course it's a scam.

The original cost was, if I remember correctly, touted as being around £2.5Billion. At that price I was pretty disgusted, but the current cost is over £9Billion and climbing. Like most of these scams, they are designed to funnel money to big corporations, who build and run the events. Like most government run projects, there is always little or no independent oversight of contracts and their associated costs either.

So, who is responsible for that forecast? £2.5Billion forecast and £9+Billion actual? I know we all make mistakes on the maths sometimes but seriously, that is one helluva forecast deficit.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

as true as this is, having worked in local council / governemnt ... i know that for fact that the cost of the soldiers WILL be charged to the olympics commity and that these soldiers will get paid by the government, but the mod will also charge the uk olympic organisers ... who will have to pay the bill, which will come out of public pockets.

in government, local government and all this sort of business departments dont work for free and will bill other departments in the same organisations for servives.

this is the same way most peoples council tax are wasted. (for example, by that i mean aberdeen council's roads department being charged a commercial price to use an electrician from the same council, just a different department ... this actualy happens!)

edit on 16-12-2011 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Instead of coming to London and enjoying a great sporting event. You will instead come to Police/Militarized Olympics.

Now while you are at the games you will not be allowed to do the following

Boo at opponents, will be classed as inciting hatred,
Boo at any other country whom you do not like. You will be arrested for that.
You will not be allowed to take Pictures, Or be allowed to film any events, or you will be held under the terrorism act.

Yuo all will have to sit like good little robots and do as you are told.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

And if they do, i hope they got locked up for many years.

Want to improve your situation? Get off your arse and do something about it.

But no, people like the rioters believe the world owes them and things should be handed on a plate. It makes me so furious.....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

I disagree I think we have seen the last of the riots, at least on any large scale. The reason behind my belief is due to the thousands of images obtained the perpetrators have been hauled before the courts in their droves with stiff sentencing being handed down. Last time they stupidly thought they would get away with it, now they know otherwise.

OK, but lets remember there are huge numbers of disenfranchised people in today's world, who would reason 'might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb'.

Many are of fairly low IQ too, and wouldn't (couldn't?) consider the implications or consequences of their actions, and follow the sheep and lamb brigade.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

But Flavian, in their view they were indeed getting off their arses and doing something about it...rioting.

Not exactly what you had in mind i know, but were not talking about the likes of you and i i fear.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Tell that to the thousands loosing their jobs, over the greed of the Bankers and those who caused all of this in the first place.

It is not just those who cannot be bothered as you put it to get off their backsides and get a job.

The simple fact is there are not any jobs. Many companies are not employing new staff since the banks wont give out credit.

Plus a lot of the jobs being advertised are going to, foreign workers, whom are paid substantially less than British workers. And whom do not have the same rights as British workers do.

You just have to look at the wealth gap to see, those who have gotten away with basically raping the economy and those who are having to face the brunt over this.

And do you see any of them facing criminal charges. Oh no it is those who are lower on the scale in society who are facing jail term.

That is what is morally wrong in this country.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Laura, the riots were absolutely nothing to do with the austerity measures. To connect the two even tenuously is highly disingenuous.

And, just so we can be clear on this, the austerity measures are because our structural deficit is so high - we are past the point where we are paying off debt, we are simply paying off interest on debt.

Debt is not a bad thing, government debt less so. It is only a problem when the structural deficit gets too high. That is what the austerity measures around the world are about - reducing structural deficit rather than overall debt.

Also, you cannot compare the bankers to the government debt levels. They are two separate issues with separate problems facing them. The world of finance is undoubtedly crooked and warped but has nothing to do with austerity measures.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

austerity had nothing to do with the riots AND debt is a good thing??!

which government P.R pipeline did you copy and paste this crap from?

Really?!?!

debt is good?? ye right ... answer me this, who exactly is the uk in debt to?

debt = slavery ... esspecialy when the debt had nothing to do with the public (and nothing they could do to stop it) who are now being forced to pay for it.

you are either being paid by some P.R department or are completly deluded!
edit on 16-12-2011 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Actually yes One can. It was the banks whom got us into this situation in the first place, And the Government bailed them out with our tax payers money. So to say I cannot compare the two is one misleading and false.

While hundreds are continuing to loose their jobs those in the banks whom May I add we own most off, continue to pay themselves huge bonuses.

If anything goes by David Cameron Protecting the Financial City which is London if that does not tell you that the government are in league with the financial services, one supposes nothing else will.

Debt is not a bad thing you say, you are kidding right?

I would rather this country not be debt, that leads to high inflation, high unemployment.

Oh but as long as the rich get richer while, they say screw the rest of us in the UK that is oks in your opinion is it?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Oh joy!

Even more money being spent on a 4 week pointless sporting event.

The amount of tourism that may come in to watch these games isn't even going to begin to scratch the surface of the huge deficit from this silly farce.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Agrees not only that it is the People of London who are going to have to pick up the bill for years to come after the Olympics.

As on guy said recently.

Rather than having a glitzy opening ceremony, just walk into the middle of the field, light the torch, and shout lets be having you. And let the games begin.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Yes, austerity had nothing to do with the riots. It has been demonstrated that at the time of the riots the cuts had not actually even begun in practice. One of the funniest things during the riots was on Newsnight - some youth they were interviewing was saying he was rioting because of cuts to his educational allowance. It was pointed out to him that they don't even begin until next year - he looked blank and then ran off!

And yes, debt is not a bad thing. Unmanageable debt is a bad thing. Look at history - governments and nations run on debt levels and always have. As long is it is kept in check, it presents no problems. The problems only arrive if the debt is kept on being piled on (which we have been stupid enough to do and to allow for the past 40 years).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

if you believe that ... well, congratutions ... you have evolved into a brainwashed fool.

debt = slavery ... there is no way round this , if you are in debt their is always someone you have to answer to!

As for the austerity and current climbate in part causing the riots ... ye, this is being well publicised and proven, if people had a job / future ... then they wouldnt have been rioting, this is simple socioligy.

you are a fool who is either living with their head buried in sand or an idiot that believes everything the tory's crap out of their PR pipelines.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Why the personal attacks? That is typical of someone who doesn't actually understand what they are angry about, they are too angry.

How could the cause of the riots have been something that hadn't even affected them yet? Please think about that.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

it was a bit personal, but meh , im not sorry.

fact is, prople like you make me angry ... esspecialy on ats as this place is supposed deny ignorance, while you are not only fully accepting ignorance, but you are also spreading it as if you are being paid , which is something that has been proven to has and does happen on ats. The best examples of said misinformation spreading being the influxes of hardline zionistic jewish supporters (i have no problem with them, i just dont like their propeganda) who appear out of anywhere anytime palestine gets attacked or try and have a say, or like the whole movements which appeared when obama was voted in as president.

The way you are delivering your information is the same as how this spread of a message has happened in the past, and will happen in the future ...

It also angers me that if you are not some sort of government shill, you really, actualy and completly accept ignorance in its fullest form, yet are registered on a forum where the motto is DENY IGNORANCE!

go read something which aint the sun or david camerons daily quotes and find the real reasons why society as a whole is crumbling!

(i can tell you why its crumbling, its because we have all been enslaved by debt, to people we dont even have a name for and will never be able to pay back!)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join