It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child experiencing scary entity in bedroom.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Did you live under or near power lines? I've heard that living near power lines can cause strange feelings, etc. because of the magnetic fields produced by them. Just curious.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

lol, everyone who has electricity in their house lives near power lines.. but if you're asking if I lived near any towers of any kind, no, I never have. I don't even know where the closest tower is around here. I'd probably have to drive out on some back road for 20 miles to find one.

There was, however, an electronics store pretty close to where I grew up at (the house with the "shadow cat" and "poltergeist") that sold things like refrigerators.. but unless somebody was doing some kind of top secret experiments over there I have a very hard time thinking that that place could at any way be related at all.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Must read this OP

"Sleep Paralysis: Demon in the Bedroom"

Actual WebMD Title

Ever feel you're paralyzed in your sleep? And an evil presence is by your bed? Here's what's going on. By Susan Davis WebMD the Magazine - Feature Reviewed by Michael J. Breus, PhD The woman was in her late 50s. Every night she would fall asleep and then dream that she was unable to move, but that her husband was coming into her room and trying to attack her. Helpless, she could neither move nor cry out. "This went on for several years," says Clete Kushida, MD, PhD, an associate professor of psychiatry and behavioral science at Stanford University. "It was very difficult. She was exhausted." It turns out the woman had a sleep disorder called sleep paralysis -- when a person is asleep, but immobilized. Like many who have sleep paralysis, she was also having "hypnagogic hallucinations" that she was being attacked. "It's not a serious condition," Kushida says. "But it can be very disturbing."

Full Article On WebMD

If you are scared you see demons, and based on my experience and just the general concept of Astral travel, if you are relaxed and have no fear, you can leave your body and have suuuuper epic fun.
edit on 16-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

If demons do exist, my understanding is they strive on fear. What do kids fear most? Shiz coming out of their closet. Thats why it uses the closet. Its like monaters inc w a sinister twist. God help that house.

Love and Light

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
If demons do exist, my understanding is they strive on fear. What do kids fear most? Shiz coming out of their closet. Thats why it uses the closet. Its like monaters inc w a sinister twist. God help that house.

Love and Light
I've seen this answer before and still don't get it. How does fear do anything for them? Does it make them stronger? If so, stronger for what?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

When both of my kids were born we lived in a house where the previous owner had an unexpected death. The woman had young boys just like mine, and she died at the young age of 40. The father and 2 boys lived there a few more years and then sold it.

When my boys were born, we always had the feeling that the lady was still around, but she didn't bother anybody. When my first boy got to be old enough, he would look just past us as we held him and laugh and point and giggle and interact with something that we couldn't see. We thought it was kind of creepy but also funny and we blew it off.

Then, when he got old enough to sleep in a big boy bed and get up at night, he would sometimes come into our bedroom and say the scary lady wouldn't let him sleep. She would sit in the rocking chair in his room, and sometimes he would wake up and her face would be right in front of his face, and it would scare him.

We didn't think she meant any harm, so I walked into the room, in the middle of the night, and I held his hand, and I said, "Listen, we don't mind you being here. We know it was once your home, but it is now ours, and if you keep scaring the kids, you'll have to leave."

My son liked it, and he slept great for a couple of months, and then it started happening again, so we did the same thing, but this time I made him take control of the situation, and he stood in the room with me by his side, and he said it in his own words, which was insanely cute, and also very moving.

We never had another problem.

Tell your friend to take control of the situation, and empower her daughter to also take control of the situation.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Love and Light
I've seen this answer before and still don't get it. How does fear do anything for them? Does it make them stronger? If so, stronger for what?

Does working out make you stronger? Stronge for what?

This kind of circular argument, and the way you present yourself on these forums is just forum trolling under the radar......

Skepticism is good........but the way you are so snarky to people , IMHO should be remedied....

If you have honest questions fine, but maybe you should work on the way you present yourself

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The solution is simple.

Summon a more powerful demon into the home to rid the home of the lesser demon.

Rinse and repeat.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Friendly PSA:

Debating is fine but let's keep in mind the Forum Description, Please.

Paranormal Studies: This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

TIA

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Wait wait wait. The ghost hides in her closet? Really? So, why does the ghost hide in a closet? Aren't they intangible? What does a ghost care about the structures of the house? Why doesn't it hide in a wall, or on the roof?

Next, it only comes out when the parents are asleep? Is it afraid of the parents? Wtf? This makes no sense.

The closet could be a gateway. Also these dark entities prey on the weak, so it makes perfect sense..

I would seek professional help, and not just try and do it alone. I don't think they like burning sage, but I think that can only go so far. Get a professional to cast it out. The sooner the better..

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Love and Light

Does working out make you stronger? Stronge for what?

This kind of circular argument, and the way you present yourself on these forums is just forum trolling under the radar......

Skepticism is good........but the way you are so snarky to people , IMHO should be remedied....

If you have honest questions fine, but maybe you should work on the way you present yourself

I can't pretend to know how anyone else might feel, or what they may believe. But it is my observation that when we cannot personally experience paranormal events, we cannot believe in them easily. We risk feeling like idiots because we have taken on someone else's anecdotal tale. Who's to say they aren't just making it up?

So, I get the rational approach. And if you think someone is having a lark with creative writing, I suppose a degree of snark might be understandable.

But, if you delve into this (and if it never happens to you, why would you ever?), you will find so many accounts of similar events over the course of centuries and through different cultures. I find it tough to think that EVERYONE is making this stuff up. Some people lie. For some events, there is a non-paranormal explanation. Of course this is true. But for others, there can be no other conclusion. It's paranormal. But experience is what gives you certainty, not reading posts on forums.

I could go into long first-person stories of what I have experienced, but this is no proof - except to me. I have no reason to lie, but you don't know that. So, I accept that my word as a total stranger is not verifiable, whatsoever.

But what my experiences have given me is a much less doubting nature. I would leave the door open to the idea that these things are out there and do happen to people. And the last thing they need when they are in this situation is for people to ridicule them.

I'll end with this thought. If you can wrap your head around the possibility that sensing these things is not necessarily done through the 5 senses, then you might be able to conclude that instruments of measurement that record things the 5 senses sense might be a wrong direction. If the entities can manifest using physical light, or sound waves, then this is feasible. But if they are intuitively sensed (psychically), then what instrument measures this?

I think this might just explain why some people can sense these things and some cannot.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

smudging of the house and telling the ghosts to leave

by carrying out this kind of ridiculous behavior you and your friend are just inflaming the situation. As adults you should be reassuring her that ghosts and monsters are not real. All kids go through phases like this, seriously get a grip and act like sensible adults.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123

smudging of the house and telling the ghosts to leave

by carrying out this kind of ridiculous behavior you and your friend are just inflaming the situation. As adults you should be reassuring her that ghosts and monsters are not real. All kids go through phases like this, seriously get a grip and act like sensible adults.

Ridiculous.

You know how many kids have phobias and have been messed up for life by just ignoring their concerns or telling them they are crazy? Are you really so sure that her experience isn't real? Even if it isn't a ghost as you would perceive one, it is still real to her, and it is still causing real world stress to her.

OP, absolutely ignore this person.

However, I agree that "smudging" whatever that means, is a bad idea. You don't need any fancy amulets or creams or books or words, you only need assertiveness and empowerment. Skeptics never see ghosts. Take control of the situation. Help her take control of the situation.

Also, while I'm on a bit of a rant, how can anyone believe in "summoning" something that has supernatural powers beyond our own? Do you folks really believe that something is real, and has far greater power than you, but that it can also be called on a whim and asked to do your bidding? How does that make any sense? It is a logical oxymoron.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

never mentioned anything about implying that the child is crazy - all children wil have anxieties, fears and phobias about all manner of things.

As adults we should re-assure and comfort them, not fill their head with more rubbish about ghosts and demons, this is ridiculous and is merely indulging your own self indulgent fantasies of ghosts and other paranormal nonsense.

As an adult you have every right to believe in whatever hocus - pocus you wish, but to drag an impressionable child into you world of make believe is irresponsible, not to mention potentially damaging.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

OK, sorry for implying that, but look at it from the child's perspective. Lots of parents just say, "Ghosts aren't real, be quiet and go to sleep........ if you get up again, you will be in trouble."

Now, imagine the fear, anxiety, lack of sleep, lack of empowerment, lack of trust, lack of love that the child feels in that solution. It is counter-productive.

You don't have to admit ghosts are real. I've never seen a ghost, I doubt they are real, and even if they are real, I am positive they can't hurt a live person, so that is exactly what I tell my sons.

Just off the cuff, something like this:
"Son, I doubt there is any such thing as ghosts, but if you think you see something, then you have the power to defeat it. Only you. I can protect you, but you have to defeat it. I am 100% certain that there is nothing in this room that can do you harm, and I won't let anything happen to you, but you have to take control and get rid of whatever is scaring you. I'm here to help any way that I can, but you can't sleep in my bed, and I won't get up over and over again night after night, so you have to take care of this thing. Be a man, be strong, do what you think I would do to fix it."

It validates their concern, it shows I love them, it gives them the power to fix it, but with the assurance that I will keep them safe, and it lets them know that it is unacceptable to not handle it and that we won't keep re-visiting the same problem forever.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

"Son, I doubt there is any such thing as ghosts, but if you think you see something, then you have the power to defeat it. Only you. I can protect you, but you have to defeat it. I am 100% certain that there is nothing in this room that can do you harm, and I won't let anything happen to you, but you have to take control and get rid of whatever is scaring you. I'm here to help any way that I can, but you can't sleep in my bed, and I won't get up over and over again night after night, so you have to take care of this thing. Be a man, be strong, do what you think I would do to fix it."

lol, this proves my point entirely - by saying something like this is you are reinforcing the childs fears that there is indeed a big , scary monster hiding in the wardrobe waiting to eat her!!!

I'm not suggesting that you should laugh off a childs fears, as yes agreed that can make a child feel isolated but on the flipside, as a responsible adult you have to be firm and explain that there is no such thing as ghosts!! my original [point was that the OP was going to exorcise the house (or something like that) and by doing so putting ideas into the childs mind that these things are real.

I can remember as a kid having the exact same kind of thoughts, fears and dreams - i also have an 8 year old son so ive seen all this stuff first hand - i would never have any kind of discussion with my son about the possibilities that his fears could be justified, that would be cruel, irresponsible and damaging.

having said all this i went to see paranormal activity 3 recently, and will admit to sleeping with the hall light on that night

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123

never mentioned anything about implying that the child is crazy - all children wil have anxieties, fears and phobias about all manner of things.

As adults we should re-assure and comfort them, not fill their head with more rubbish about ghosts and demons, this is ridiculous and is merely indulging your own self indulgent fantasies of ghosts and other paranormal nonsense.

As an adult you have every right to believe in whatever hocus - pocus you wish, but to drag an impressionable child into you world of make believe is irresponsible, not to mention potentially damaging.

First, I'm in agreement that kids have scary dreams/and or fantasies. And it would be utterly stupid to tell them that there are monsters and demons out to get them. Sheesh.

But, two things...

One, if the house was used for some paranormal show, it means that there was some kind of reputation they knew of for paranormal activity there. Not to indicate that those TV shows are the end all of paranormal proof. Anything but. But they want to go where there is at least some hope of 'getting something,' so will look for places to do productions where they feel there is enough anecdotal evidence to warrant the production costs.

Two, if there is even a tiny chance that your child is being hurt or even just scared by something paranormal, you will need to protect her. If it's all her imagination, then fine. But don't tell her she is wrong to feel what she feels. Just reassure her that you understand she is scared and that you will protect her. No talk of demons. Just of your love and protection. Then, let her sleep in your room for a while, or let her sleep with sister. Observe and document.

For you folks who have never dealt with this, as I said before, I get why you would say to grow up and stop scaring the kids. But I must tell you that this stuff does happen. And to just pass it off without any consideration is pretty unseeing in my books.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

But in fact there is a big scary monster living in their room. It may or may not be real, but it is real to them, and only they can get rid of it. So, I don't see a problem with it whatsoever.

There are big scary monsters throughout life, some real, some not real, some physical, some mental.

Even Mark Twain said, "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."

So, letting a child come to grips with this reality at an early age, and learn they have to take control of their own situation is a great life lesson.

It has worked wonderfully for my boys, but I suppose others may have different experiences. We are all about "personal responsibility" in my house. I have the boys both believing they can see in the dark, because, in fact, they can see in the dark if they take the time to memorize their room, and let their eyes adjust, and listen to the sounds. Instead of leaving the lights on like they wanted, we sat together in the dark and talked about what we could or could not see. We used a flashlight sometimes to click on and identify and object and then click back off. We learned to use logic and rational thought to see things and put them into perspective.

I never downplay a concern and I never solve a problem for them, but I will sit and help them work through it as long as it takes.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

i see where you're coming from and im glad you have the patience and inclination to 'think outside the box' as it were - but the truth is kids are impressionable and have wild imaginations. this combination makes a dark lonely bedroom a veritable themepark of make believe.

For many parents it is something that they would want resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible, who wants to see their child upset at anything? In my opinion the quicker you can remove the fear of ghosts, demons, monsters and goblins - the better.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If you ask me, people need to start taking a different approach to the paranormal.

If it was me I would hook up my speakers to play metal music really loud at the push of a button(phone remote) the next time I knew the entity was in the room. THEN we'd see who's really scaring who...

hows that for thinking outside the box

edit on 16-12-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join