It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drone may have come down in Afghanistan, not Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The CIA’s RQ-170 “Sentinel” drone captured by the Iranians last week may have gone down in Afghanistan and then transported to Iran by friendly forces on the ground, a former officer in the elite Quds Force branch of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards told The Daily Caller.

This might be the closest thing to the truth yet.

However, photographs and video footage released by the Iranians on Dec. 8, several days after they announced the drone’s capture, clearly show that both wings had been neatly severed and then reattached.

After looking at all the pictures. It's pretty clear the wings have been reattached.

“This suggests that the drone landed safely and that its wings were cut off so it could be transported by truck,” the former Quds Force officer said. “I believe it was captured by the Taliban inside Afghanistan and transferred to the Iranians, who then reattached the wings,” he added.

If you believe Iran's story the drone came down 250 miles inside Iran territory.

That would be considered an act of war. In violation of several existing treaties.

The United States military has long complained that Iran supplies weapons, explosives, and money to the Taliban. The U.S. has identified camps inside Iran where Taliban fighters are trained.

We really have no need to fly this drone over Iran.

I also do not believe the have the capability to take over one of our aircraft.

Link to Story

ATS Spy Drone Thread
edit on 15-12-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/12/2011 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You win some, you loose some, seems to me some are bad loosers.

Do you think the USA would give back an Iranian drone, no matter where they did find/steal/shot it?

They should stop wining.
edit on 15-12-2011 by EartOccupant because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why not release the logs of last communications and commands with gps locations ?

That way we can trace back where it actually went down . Before it was electronically hijacked.

Surley this is not asking to go to the moon and back , and should be released with a f.o.i request?

"may" "maybe" "perhaps" "might of " is all i hear from the anti-capture drone clowns here on ats .

iran doesn't play that card . They said they hacked it and showed with a video . Can the americans come thru with some data to prove otherwise? No ?

Put up or .....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I usually don't do this but the situation calls for it:

So, you're saying you don't trust the official reports and believe it landed in afghanistan and then transported somehow into iran? That sounds like a CONSPIRACY THEORY to me.

So, how many conspirators were involved in this little fantasy of yours?

Just kidding, I just wanted to let you know what it feels like.
edit on 15-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Who is whining? Are we projecting now? Look back in history my friend. It is PROCEDURE to ask. It has been done countless times, and this is no different!

Again, who is whining? The only thing I see here, are anti-American cronies, trying to assume they know the details.

BELIEVE NOTHING (unless a country, other than the US says it)

PROPAGANDA (only if it is perpetrated by the US)

Same old song and dance.... A whole school yard, jealous of one kids clothes!
edit on 15-12-2011 by MobiusUnleashed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So... if it came down in Afghanistan then what we have here is a clear case of international piracy. Game on.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
there's two pictures of the drone and a small iranian clip. you can't tell, not even close, if the wings have been reattached.

second, by saying the taliban captured it is military propaganda. the common image of an afghani is a mountain man with a beard, robes and sandles. they no way can have the technology or ability to hack a drone.

the united states saves face. people will assume it malfunctioned and landed in taliban territory. then trucked to iran, linking iran, the taliban and therefore al qaeda together.

it will also add of bonus of downgrading iran's military abilities.

the article is pure intelligence propaganda 101.

the iranians have an intact drone. bottom line. i'll believe anything they say over anything coming out of the pentagon.

edit on 15-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
Do you think the USA would give back an Iranian drone, no matter where they did find/steal/shot it?

Sure the USA would give Iran back it's drone, once they opened it up and saw the SIG and Futaba stickers inside.

Funny thing is that there is another thread where an Iranian engineer is claiming that Iran spoofed the drone into thinking that it was landing at it's base, when in fact it was landing in Iran. If this is true, then the US did not violate Iranian airspace.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I usually don't do this but the situation calls for it:

So, you're saying you don't trust the official reports and believe it landed in afghanistan and then transported somehow into iran? That sounds like a CONSPIRACY THEORY to me.

So, how many conspirators were involved in this little fantasy of yours?

Just kidding, I just wanted to let you know what it feels like.
edit on 15-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

You got me...

I am really confused over this whole story.

Seems like nobody can tell the truth anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

That depends ofcourse where the drone's brain was intercepted.

The landing is alone is not violating airspace, it's the flightpath before that counts.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Double
edit on 15-12-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
there's two pictures of the drone and a small iranian clip. you can't tell, not even close, if the wings have been reattached.

second, by saying the taliban captured it is military propaganda. the common image of an afghani is a mountain man with a beard, robes and sandles. they no way can have the technology or ability to hack a drone.

the united states saves face. people will assume it malfunctioned and landed in taliban territory. then trucked to iran, linking iran, the taliban and therefore al qaeda together.

it will also add of bonus of downgrading iran's military abilities.

the article is pure intelligence propaganda 101.

the iranians have an intact drone. bottom line. i'll believe anything they say over anything coming out of the pentagon.

edit on 15-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I'm just trying to figure this out.

Propaganda 101 is in full force on both sides.

However, Iran doesn't have a very good track record of telling the truth either.

They have a drone...How intact it is still remains unclear.

Edit...I added a picture that clearly shows the wings have been reattached.

Well unless, Our Air Force welding skills have grossly deteriorated.
edit on 15-12-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant

You win some, you loose some, seems to me some are bad loosers.

They should stop wining.
edit on 15-12-2011 by EartOccupant because: Grammar

Of course we would. What need would the Us have for 1970's technology?

I still think there is more to it than we know. I dont see Iran being able to crack the codes either, let alone hijack and land one. Which is the new claim, which came after shot down, then crashed.

Whats next? UPS delivery?
edit on 15-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
could it be a fake that was meant to crash to throw China and every one else a false system that they could hack and use as a weapon, of the hardware and software against us?

new topics

top topics

join