It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Youtube Sensation: Merry Christmas from Winnipeg [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Almost a million hits in the 2 weeks since it was first posted on December, 1, 2011. The little walking bridge he shows is just down my street, and I go there all the time with my dogs in the summer.

I don't know this kid but I can tell you he does good work - pretty much all by himself.

I played all the parts, arranged and recorded the whole thing myself, and directed my sister with the camera - Then I edited the video and posted it here! - Glad everyone is enjoying it so much!

Directed and Edited by: Sean Quigley
Song Arranged by: Sean Quigley
Recording, Mixing/Mastering and Instrumentation and all video by: Sean Quigley

Merry Christmas to all our ATS Christians - and Happy Holidays to all our Non-Christian members!

May Peace Be With You,
sofi

edit on 15/12/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Shameless bump.

More people need to see this!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
He's good.

Looks like he should be cold, but at least he has on his mitts and toque.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Im sure he's a good musician but I truly think its impossible to create a 'cool' Christmas song.

edit on 15-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Merry Christmas, to you as well.

I will give you a bump. Not sure where this fits on ATS but what the heck.

He does a great job. I wish I had even a third of his talent.

I bet he was rather cold though dressed that way in the snow.

Raist

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Thanks - I read about him in our local little newspaper, checked it out and thought, "What a delightful little piece!" Wanted to share.

...And you would be surprised how many teens here run around in shorts in the snow. At 10-20 below! Euuwww! 'Course polar bear dips are popular too. I favor my duvet-coat. Looks awful but it's warm!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
He did it all himself! It was truly very cool.

I hope this kid makes it in the big time he deserves it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing Sofi! I for one enjoyed this very much! His smile alone could melt that snow! I think he did an awesome job!!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

His smile alone could melt that snow!

That's what sold me! ...He just looked so darned happy in his shorts and bare legs, banging his drums in the snow.

Who could resist?

edit on 17/12/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Somehow this monotone style of singing became really popular with the younger crowd, which just goes to show how tone-deaf and incapable of discerning actual musical talent that the younger crowd is.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Dear soficrow,

I forgot to mention something you may find interesting. My father was born in Winnipeg and my mother moved there as a little girl. Dad was an accountant and Mom worked at the Grain Exchange. Almost all of my relatives live there now.

We would travel to Winnipeg for Christmas every year to visit relatives. When I was young we went to Minneapolis, then took the train right to the station. (I guess Mom and Dad weren't too excited about driving through the prairie that time of year.)

Going to Eaton's and the Bay were big highlights. I loved the five-pin bowling, and would go swimming in Sherbrooke pool.

My Grandmother lived on William Ave. And I remember walking downtown from there.

Thanks for the memories that your Winnipeg video brought back. (Oh, the mittens the drummer was wearing look a lot like the Winter Olympic mittens my cousin sent me.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

wow

Nobody comes from the Peg! (Except Neil Young, Burton and etc.) ...Those that do mostly come back tho. Anyway, Hi! We must be related!

top topics

join