It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Way of Showing Hospitality to American Tourists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here you go...

Justify this one.

I suppose you will now say that if a young American Jew goes goes to Israel they should expect to have to show ID and take a tear gas cannister to the eye and lose and eye as well.

If a young Israel Jew when to Thailand and was hit in the eye and lost an eye because she was siding with pro-democracy protestors in Thailand it would have been an international incident and Speilberg would have made a Oscar winning movie about it.

What part of Zionist controlled media are you not quite getting here?

Thousands of US military members have died for Israel in the last ten years but you still don't get it.

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yep, so innocently dragged away.
Those darn pesky foreign laws and such.
Don't forget though, the US sucks, as the freedom he is demonstrating is from the US.
Too bad it is not adhered to in other countries.
If you want those freedoms elsewhere, looks like we got a lot more waring to do.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

A regular guy that from my understanding bashes Israel and America at any chance.

Nice role playing though.
Still, this is in a foreign country. The rights the Sucky
US citizen has in America do not transfer over to other countries, unless you want to bring the US Military in to change some things?

Their house, their rules.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikehawk

Yes in Israel like in most places in the US you are obligated to show ID when an officer of the law asks you for it.

Now do you have anything intelligent to say or any worthwhile point you are trying to make?

By the stars that I am receiving from other ATS members it seems that my sentences a very clear and complete. That’s unless you are retarded, which you seem to be because you cant understand them…

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The kid is not in Israel!

Try to focus on reality - please.

Jerusalem is not part of Israel and that fact is part of official US policy.

Official - just like you insist on.

The illegal act is being committed by the police.

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by BRAVO949

I thought this thread is about Israel's Way of Showing Hospitality to Americans and a kid getting arrested for voicing his opinion. When he ACTUALLY got arrested for not showing his ID.

Stay focused and on topic even though I know it’s hard for you.
Unless the OP wants to change the premise of his post, or make a new thread with his other ignorant drivel move on...

edit on 18-12-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Let's clear on thing up mac, I also bash my country when it's required. It just so happens that the United States and Israel are the ones causing most the problems lately. I criticize Russia, China, Iran, list goes on for ever bro, if you don't believe me check my post history. I got about 3,500 of them.

Since we're talking about character traits, you have proven yourself to be a well trained, obedient defender of what ever your false sense of patriotism has led you to believe. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but your post history clearly proves you to be a defender of American foreign policy.

I'm sorry that you think I bash Israel or USA every chance I get, because that is not true. But don't let your blind nationalistic pride make you think that my criticism of American and Israeli foreign policy falls under U.S. bashing because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

By all means, please go into depth with your analysis.
But, don't make assumptions because I will spank you on them.

But, you go right ahead if you think you got me figured out there, tough guy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Sorry mate, the topic of the thread is not the opinion we share about our previous post history.

If you want to discuss "us" feel free to start a thread in the proper forum and I will gladly participate.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Honestly you are starting to sound more stupid by the minute, and every time you cant make an effective argument you throw out something new that’s unrelated to this thread. If you lost an argument I suggest you stop posting.

Yes, Israel is a country recognized by the UN and like every other country has a right to choose their Capital in this case Jerusalem.

Now if you don’t agree with that you are more then welcome to start another thread. But on this one stay on topic…

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by macman

Sorry mate, the topic of the thread is not the opinion we share about our previous post history.

If you want to discuss "us" feel free to start a thread in the proper forum and I will gladly participate.

Bluff called.

Later.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Don't be a hypocrite
You are the one that started this thread and if you look back at your comments i cant find anyone that actually relates to the premise you posted.

Dracula out

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

This isn't poker mac. No bluff to call. You tried to change the topic of this thread to a discussion about personal character traits, when it's clearly a topic about something else. I pointed out the flaw in your logic and offered you an alternative. You then decided to respond with a childish remark and say goodbye.

You're the one running away, not I. I'm still here, and in other threads as well. Feel free to U2U me with the link to the tread you start if you change your mind and decide to take me up on my offer.

Peace.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Don't be a hypocrite
You are the one that started this thread and if you look back at your comments i cant find anyone that actually relates to the premise you posted.

You have been served big time
Dracula out

Is that so?

Which premise would that be?

Which post?

You're not a very descriptive are you?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The simple one.
Kid being arrested for not showing his ID to a police officer.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Mexico is a country recognized by the UN and like every other country has a right to choose their [c]apital ...

So by your impeccable logic they could select San Antonio Texas and that would be fine with you, right?

US Department of State

Jerusalem is not part of Israel according to the US government

Please, please learn the facts about Israel and US policy toward Israel.

Current U.S. Government policy is that U.S. citizens born in Jerusalem may not have “Israel” listed in their passports as their place of birth.

Honestly you are starting to sound more stupid by the minute, and every time you cant make an effective argument you throw out something new that’s unrelated to this thread. If you lost an argument I suggest you stop posting.

Yes, Israel is a country recognized by the UN and like every other country has a right to choose their Capital in this case Jerusalem.

Now if you don’t agree with that you are more then welcome to start another thread. But on this one stay on topic…

edit on 18-12-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The simple one.
Kid being arrested for not showing his ID to a police officer.

If that's so, why are you trying to discuss American law for an event that took place in East Jerusalem?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, this is a very interesting thread and quite an interesting interpretation to take on the OP for it. First, lets get the quick one out of the way right off the top. This isn't the United States this American kid was in. It isn't American laws and it isn't American police. "I have rights!" is a call sure to bring amusement if not outright laughter from police in nations the world over from Americans in trouble.

Perhaps the State Department ought to require a quick sit down class to hold in a conference room in International Departure airports for first timers going overseas from the United States. I dare say, other nations would deeply appreciate that. Here, though, is what I found in less than 5 minutes effort:

Teudat Zehut (Hebrew: תעודת זהות‎; Arabic: بطاقة هوية / biţāqat huwīya‎) is the Israeli compulsory identity document, as prescribed in the Identity Card Carrying and Displaying Act of 1982:

Any resident sixteen years of age or older must at all times carry an Identity card, and present it upon demand to a senior police officer, head of Municipal or Regional Authority, or a policeman or member of the Armed forces on duty. — חוק החזקת תעודת זהות והצגתה (Identity Card Carrying and Displaying Act of 1982) on the Hebrew Wikisource.

Criminal offence carries a 5,000 Old Israeli shekel fine for not carrying an identity card or for misuse of the document (in 1983 prices, which equal about 1,400 NIS today). However, the law explicitly forbids pressing charges in case the offender contacted the relevant authorities within five days and identified himself properly.
Source

Now if I were to go through the trouble and expense of traveling to Israel and had even the slightest intention of protesting or joining a 'cause' over there, would most definitely spend a few hours becoming something short of an expert in Israeli laws where they might relate to anything I'd be doing.

This kid makes a spectacle of himself, succeeds in drawing the police attention I am sure he knew it would bring, and then proceeds to figuratively spit in the face of the cops when asked for something LEGALLY REQUIRED under their laws. Identification. The United States has no such legal requirement to have ID (Legally, we don't...however logical carrying it may be) but that isn't the case elsewhere....SO......when in Rome, perhaps it's wise not to seek out ways to antagonize the Romans. One might meet lions in a real bad way in doing so.

edit on 18-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: text space

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So what is the law in Palestine?

The young man was not in Israel.

He was in Palestine.

Considering how much of his parents tax dollars hav gone to Israel the Israel police probably should have asked the Palestinian authorities to allow a limo in to rescue the young man and take him to a luxury hotel.

Thanks for your comment though. You were just off by one country.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, this is a very interesting thread and quite an interesting interpretation to take on the OP for it. First, lets get the quick one out of the way right off the top. This isn't the United States this American kid was in. It isn't American laws and it isn't American police. "I have rights!" is a call sure to bring amusement if not outright laughter from police in nations the world over from Americans in trouble.

Perhaps the State Department ought to require a quick sit down class to hold in a conference room in International Departure airports for first timers going overseas from the United States. I dare say, other nations would deeply appreciate that. Here, though, is what I found in less than 5 minutes effort:

Teudat Zehut (Hebrew: תעודת זהות‎; Arabic: بطاقة هوية / biţāqat huwīya‎) is the Israeli compulsory identity document, as prescribed in the Identity Card Carrying and Displaying Act of 1982:

Any resident sixteen years of age or older must at all times carry an Identity card, and present it upon demand to a senior police officer, head of Municipal or Regional Authority, or a policeman or member of the Armed forces on duty. — חוק החזקת תעודת זהות והצגתה (Identity Card Carrying and Displaying Act of 1982) on the Hebrew Wikisource.

Criminal offence carries a 5,000 Old Israeli shekel fine for not carrying an identity card or for misuse of the document (in 1983 prices, which equal about 1,400 NIS today). However, the law explicitly forbids pressing charges in case the offender contacted the relevant authorities within five days and identified himself properly.
Source

Now if I were to go through the trouble and expense of traveling to Israel and had even the slightest intention of protesting or joining a 'cause' over there, would most definitely spend a few hours becoming something short of an expert in Israeli laws where they might relate to anything I'd be doing.

This kid makes a spectacle of himself, succeeds in drawing the police attention I am sure he knew it would bring, and then proceeds to figuratively spit in the face of the cops when asked for something LEGALLY REQUIRED under their laws. Identification. The United States has no such legal requirement to have ID (Legally, we don't...however logical carrying it may be) but that isn't the case elsewhere....SO......when in Rome, perhaps it's wise not to seek out ways to antagonize the Romans. One might meet lions in a real bad way in doing so.

edit on 18-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: text space

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Thanks for pointing that out, I have even forgotten that this is in occupied Palestine at various times during this discussion.

This is where they tell us that the illegal occupation is legal. It's a well known fact that the settlements are illegal, various organizations have even confirmed this. Please be aware that I'm not a fan of the UN. They're just as crooked as the Zionists.

One thing that has always bothered me is that Israel will use UN resolutions in their defense if it's convenient for them, but disregard any resolution that is against them and call it Jew hating by the world community.

It's a twisted reality, and people keep falling for it too.

edit on 18-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

yes, what is your point? Cause and effect happens. What are doing about it? Do you think the Israelies really didnt know what thye were doing when they set the country up? And why haven't the Muslims done worse to the Jews, do you think there effect was not big enough?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949
So what is the law in Palestine?

The young man was not in Israel.

He was in Palestine.

That is an interesting point of technical law you bring up and I've spent some time looking at the video very closely to try and get to the bottom of that question. The source post at Youtube doesn't specify location and nothing I recognize as an American in the video would indicate exactly where this might have gone down in relation to those lines dividing Palestinian Authority Police and Israeli police. I did find a couple things that might shed light though, and it all boils down to the same thing. You say tomato one way, and I say it another...either way, it's still a tomato and this still happened under apparent authority of Israeli, not palestinian authority:
(forgive my lack of expertise in Youtube videos...I'm not sure how to effectively take still frames out for examples)

First I looked at the Uniform patches to see just who those cops were. Israeli...no question about it. We see very clear views of the shoulder patches of both the first commander type in the powder blue shirt at around 1:38 and 1:44 on the video. At 1:47 we get a quick but very clear view of the same patch on one of the black uniforms. This is that patch:

Source
(Coloring is a bit different and the Hebrew on the top line is different. I'm guessing the Hebrew is department or unit specific...and Silver vs. Gold seems a common variation in patch and insignia issue in other uniform features)

I considered the Green Beret wearing Troops/Police as well, and green seems to be a major color among the Arabs more so than Israeli. We can see those in the video with clear definition at 3:59 and 4:02 and they are this:

Source

Apparently, those are the headgear for the Israeli Border Guards. Finally, the devil is always in the little things and details...so I check license plates. Again...We're seeing Israeli, not Palestinian. They can best be seen at the same 4:02 area of the video on the Toyota Truck and at around 2:42 on one of the Israeli motorcycle police units and they are these:

Source

As I discovered, that configuration on the license plate indicates standard issue from Israeli authorities for their own police vehicles.

So.... I'm not sure which side of the lines down the street it may have happened for what would be technically called Palestine vs. Israel, but he was clearly and unquestionably under Israeli police authority and jurisdiction at the spot he was, for this given time. If he wasn't aware of that, it highlights another problem in why he probably deserved a night in an Israeli jail to think about things a bit more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join