It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israel's Way of Showing Hospitality to American Tourists

page: 2
17
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


The premise of your post in misleading and a lie, any person with half a Brain can see that.

You posted under “Israel's Way of Showing Hospitality to American Tourists”.

Let me say this again since it seems you have a hard time understanding basic english. In any western country or democracy when an officer of the law asks you for identification you are obligated to give it to him. This kid refused when asked politely and got arrested.

In NYC if you refused to show an officer your ID, you would get tasered before they let your spend the night in jail.

Go find something intelligent to post and stop wasting our time.




posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949
 


What part of "in any western country or democracy when an officer of the law asks you for identification you are obligated to give it to him." You dont understand???

This kid refused to give his ID when the officer asked him politely and he got arrested.


edit on 18-12-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
"In any western country or democracy when an officer of the law asks you for identification you are obligated to give it to him."

Um - don't think that is actually true.

Israel is a Hate-rocracy, even if it were true so the rules don't apply to Israel.

But please, don't be angry with people who want to tell the world that Israel is fundamentally evil and that Zionists have lied about virtually everything - thousands of Jews say exactly the same thing. Some of them live in New York City, in fact.



Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


The premise of your post in misleading and a lie, any person with half a Brain can see that.

You posted under “Israel's Way of Showing Hospitality to American Tourists”.

Let me say this again since it seems you have a hard time understanding basic english. In any western country or democracy when an officer of the law asks you for identification you are obligated to give it to him. This kid refused when asked politely and got arrested.

In NYC if you refused to show an officer your ID, you would get tasered before they let your spend the night in jail.

Go find something intelligent to post and stop wasting our time.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I still don't understand what would possess a person to go to that hole in the ground dirt pile??

If you value life and freedoms why would one go to a place where they have none of those things and an oppressive public, as well?

Silly I thought most people thought of that place as the last place on Earth they'd want to visit.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949
 


What are stupid or just acting that way. You dont know basic laws???
Ill tell you what, next time a police officer asks you for ID say "NO", and let me know how well it works out for you...



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Dear blood and propaganda swallower,

You just hit a double here today.

Wrong about Israel and wrong about the law.

Please watch this video then read a book about Israel's illegal occupation of Jerusalem.



Check the laws in your state or jurisdiction. If you live in what we now call Israel and you are not Palestinian - move out, you are living in a dangerous place and you hace no rights.


Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by BRAVO949
 


What part of "in any western country or democracy when an officer of the law asks you for identification you are obligated to give it to him." You dont understand???

This kid refused to give his ID when the officer asked him politely and he got arrested.


edit on 18-12-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikehawk
 


Go ahead show me how intelligent you are...
Try debating that when an officer of the law asks you for identification in any country in the world you are obligated to give it to him, and if you dont you get arrested...

edit on 18-12-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
LOL...Looks like the Occupy East Jerusalem movement will not take off quite as well as our Occupy Wall Street protests.

But seriously. Kid provoked being arrested.

I am from small town America where everyone knows each other. And if you tell a cop NO while he is in full right of executing his duties it will end up worse than this lame, staged, punk nosed, brat!



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He should have just been aware of where he was and his surrondings. Dumb to think you can say what ever you like to other people and there be no reaction.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac
 


In your own country (USA) there are 3 types of interactions between an officer of the law and a citizen. The first one being Consensual, second is Detention, the third is arrest.

Let's analyze your hypothetical situation you previously mentioned about protesting at Wall st. A peaceful protest is not a crime therefore if an officer decided to speak with you, it would be a consensual encounter.



Consensual

At any time, police may approach a person and ask questions. The objective may simply be a friendly conversation; however, the police also may suspect involvement in a crime, but lack “specific and articulable facts”[4] that would justify a detention or arrest, and hope to obtain these facts from the questioning. The person approached is not required to identify themself or answer any other questions, and may leave at any time.[5] Police are not usually required to tell a person that she is free to decline to answer questions and go about her business;[6] however, a person can usually determine whether the interaction is consensual by asking, “Am I free to go?”[7][8]

en.wikipedia.org...


This consensual scenario does not apply to the Jewish boy in Jerusalem, but it would apply to you in the scenario you tried to use in your argument. In other words, you have been "served".
edit on 18-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Yep, so innocently dragged away.
Those darn pesky foreign laws and such.
Don't forget though, the US sucks, as the freedom he is demonstrating is from the US.
Too bad it is not adhered to in other countries.
If you want those freedoms elsewhere, looks like we got a lot more waring to do.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hey Minty Fresh,

I bet you don't realise that you just described exactly what Israel's macro problem is, do you?

To paraphase your comment...

The Zionist should have just been aware of where they were and their surrondings [when they decided to create a Jewish only colony in the middle of an Arab / Muslim region].

Dumb to think [the Zionists] can say what ever [the Zionists] like to other people and there be no reaction.


Hello, hello, is any of this getting through to you?



Originally posted by Doublemint
He should have just been aware of where he was and his surrondings. Dumb to think you can say what ever you like to other people and there be no reaction.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Really, you think?

The New York state stop and identify law reads:

"In addition to the authority provided by this article for making an arrest without a warrant, a police officer may stop a person in a public place located within the geographical area of such officer's employment when he reasonably suspects that such person is committing, has committed or is about to commit either (a) a felony or (b) a misdemeanor defined in the penal law, and may demand of him his ID, name, address and an explanation of his conduct."

So while you may not actually be doing anything illegal, if the officer reasonably suspects that you are, have, or about to, they can stop you and ask you identify yourself. The Supreme Court has held that you must give a name. The police officer can be mistaken, but you must still comply.

You have been served
Dracula out
edit on 18-12-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


I agree, the kid was in another country, that country being Israel. Personally, I see Israel as for what it is. Meanwhile, a small town Christian on some type of Holy pilgrimage to the Holy land may not be as aware as I am of the tactics the Zionists practice.

Let's do some roll playing for just a moment, I promise it won't take very long.

Imagine, I'm a small town Christian who believes in scripture, therefore I would probably support the existence of the Jewish state of Israel. Imagine from the very moment I get off the plane, I don't like what I see. This gets worse the further away I get from the Airport. By the time my second day is over I'm sick of what I see, and since I'm in a "democracy" the only one in the ME I might add
, I decide to peacefully protest against what I have seen. Chances are the exact same thing we saw in the video, would happen to me.

Okay, roll playing is over. I just think that people (mostly Americans) need to wake up and see Israel for what it really is, an apartheid state that has the blind support of the American government. With this blind support comes an abundance of financial aid. The Americans have stopped funding other countries for much smaller reasons.

I'm not saying you don't see Israel for what it really is, but a lot of people have been fooled and swallow all the propaganda that is shoved down their throat by the Zionist interests.

You don't have to have the same perspective as I do on the situation, but in order for me to take anyone seriously they must bring a certain amount of intelligence to the table. Most Israel supporters lack this intelligence.

I'm just a regular guy calling it like he sees it. I have no dog in this fight. I'm not Jewish nor Muslim. I'm not American or Israeli. I'm just a human being who stands for what's right. I cut through all the BS and feel obligated to point it out as well.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Great - you can read.

Now go and read the UN Charter and pay attention to the part that forbids wars of aggession like the 1967 War that Israel started in order to take the land illegally that young Mr. Brave Jewish American Who Knows Real History is standing on.

Don't get angry - get an education!


Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Really, you think?

The New York state stop and identify law reads:

"In addition to the authority provided by this article for making an arrest without a warrant, a police officer may stop a person in a public place located within the geographical area of such officer's employment when he reasonably suspects that such person is committing, has committed or is about to commit either (a) a felony or (b) a misdemeanor defined in the penal law, and may demand of him his ID, name, address and an explanation of his conduct."

So while you may not actually be doing anything illegal, if the officer reasonably suspects that you are, have, or about to, they can stop you and ask you identify yourself. The Supreme Court has held that you must give a name. The police officer can be mistaken, but you must still comply.

You have been served
Dracula out
edit on 18-12-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
And as a followup to that .org ACLU front website mentioned above with the video. Here is a quote directly from their site. Link

Can I See Some ID?
During a street encounter, police may request to see your ID. While there are no state laws requiring citizens to carry ID of any kind, many states require you to identify yourself if police have reasonable suspicion to believe you're you're involved in criminal activity.

But how would you know if an officer asking you do identify yourself has reasonable suspicion? Remember, police need reasonable suspicion to detain you. One way to tell if they have reasonable suspicion is to determine if you're free to go. You may do this by asking "Officer, are you detaining me, or am I free to go?" Repeat, if necessary.

If the officer says you’re free to go, leave immediately and refrain from answering any additional questions.

If you're detained, you'll have to decide whether withholding your identity is worth the possibility of arrest or a prolonged detention. For example, in cases of mistaken identity, revealing who you are might help to resolve the situation quickly. Knowing your state's laws can help you make the best choice.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949
 


I thought this thread is about Israel's Way of Showing Hospitality to Americans and a kid getting arrested for voicing his opinion. When he ACTUALLY got arrested for not showing his ID.

Stay focused and on topic even though I know it’s hard for you.
Unless the OP wants to change the premise of his post, or make a new thread with his other ignorant drivel move on...

edit on 18-12-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by Mikehawk
 


Go ahead show me how intelligent you are...
Try debating that when an officer of the law asks you for identification in any country in the world you are obligated to give it to him, and if you dont you get arrested...

edit on 18-12-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)


Are we talking about Israel or the United States.

I consider myself to be above average intelligence, but I can't read minds. Don't ask stupid questions and expect a smart answer. Please use complete sentences so I at least have an idea of what you're talking about.

I'm assuming the United states, but you're turning this into a discussion about American law, while the topic of the thread is clearly Israel.

Typical Zionists, always derailing important topics.




top topics



 
17
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join