It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: President Bush Resists 3 Debates, Demands Only 2 and Changes to Others.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sources have revealed that President Bush wishes to skip one of the three Presidential debates scheduled for September and October. The President wants to skip one of the preplanned debates and is in the stages of requesting changes to another. John Kerry has not released a statement of his reaction.

Drudge
President Bush may skip one of the three debates that have been proposed by the Commission on Presidential Debates... MORE... Bush's negotiating team plans to resist the middle debate, which was to be Oct. 8 in a town meeting format in Missouri // audience of 'undecided voters' for second debate was to be picked by Gallup. Bush officials were concerned that people could pose as undecided when they actually are partisans, WASH POST planning to report in new editions, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE... Developing...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Washington Post will be running the story on Wednesday revealing how the White House has demanded these late changes. The motivations are unclear but speculation is rife that Bush would receive no lead after them and may lose points to Kerry. The middle debate is also being resisted by the Bush Camp who want it moved out of an "undecided" area for fears it may make the President look like the less favourable candidate.

Updates will follow.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So Bush won't face anyone that doesn't see it 100% his way, except Kerry in a 100% controled environment?

Whats he afraid of? (rhetorical question ..)

I wonder what would happen if hes faced with someone who confronts him with whats going on in the world these days. Will he start crying? Will he assault the person? What would happen if Dubja actualy sees one of the majority of US people that don't like what his doing?

I think its really wierd and rather unheard that a US president is so secluded from his people, doesn't want to listen to what more then half of them have to say and just can't bring himself to walk among them.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You don't go into a debate if you have nothing to gain, and if theres a chance you have a good showing of a win then you change the goalposts.

Which is exactly what George is doing.

He will NOT survive a debate against Kerry, that poll lead is going to diminish quickly and the debate could knock him back a bit. He's gonna be there saying "terrah" and "murricans" whilst Kerry will be going on lengthily about the need for Medicare and increased Social Security.

George is AWOL again.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
He's scared of the people huh?

ONLY PRE-APPROVED MEDIA MAY QUESTION THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ!

That line the undecided voters might be partisan is weak.

All his events are partisan! Stacked with loyalty oath signers, leave your soul at the door. :shk:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I bet the requirement that he has to be elected is killing this guy.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I see it as a TOTAL concession that his policies and abillities are inadequete. How can any thinking person vote for this candidate, and I use that word loosely.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think its going to backfire. Backing away from discussing issues with the public is something they do not like.

Kerry should respond very strongly soon. His new campaign strategy needs it.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thinking this one out in Roves mind I come to this conclusion.

2 Presidential Debates.
2 Vice Presidential Debates.

I believe they're gonna appeal for "equal" footing so Cheney can do his "angry man" and leave Edwards looking like the smiling southern gent.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
How many press conferences has Bush had in his 4 years, like 3? And prescripted also. Free press, my but. This guys like a Soviet premier.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I think its going to backfire. Backing away from discussing issues with the public is something they do not like.

Kerry should respond very strongly soon. His new campaign strategy needs it.

Nothing to respond to yet. Right wing whispers on Drudge. They plant this stuff to see how people react half the time. If right wing bloggers and posters defend it, they'll do it. If everyone kind of gets annoyed, it'll just go away like it was never suggested. Once again, we're pawns.

Next week's free focus group: Sources say Bush plans to [insert market test here]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Next week's free focus group: Sources say Bush plans to [insert market test here]

Abortion Clinic Bomber Barbie?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Abortion Clinic Bomber Barbie?

You know, the whole Replace Dick Cheney with X. What about Y? Okay, Z? All that whisper stuff. It's leaked on purpose. Disinfo to screw up the opposition's plans, make them do unnecessary research for multiple contingencies... all that bunk. Plus gauge reaction.

I mean this one could be true. But public outrage would make it go away is all I'm saying. They are monitoring reaction closely as we speak. (Not saying us per se, but you know.)

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've noticed Bush support isn't here in this thread. Does that send a message? It does to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
They didn't get the memo.

Maybe we should've wrote it in Crayon or Deer blood.

Just Playing folks

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've noticed Bush support isn't here in this thread. Does that send a message? It does to me.

I'm sure we'll get some of our hardcore Bush supporters soon (we all know who they are,
), but this definitely proves what a fraud Bush really is, I guarantee he won't allow these debates under uncontrolled conditions, regardless of what kind of political temperature taking goes on, IMO.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
How many press conferences has Bush had in his 4 years, like 3? And prescripted also. Free press, my but. This guys like a Soviet premier.

yeah, and when he does have them, that in itself makes headline news...

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
yeah, and when he does have them, that in itself makes headline news...

-koji K.

How many threads were devoted to him actually being coherent at the RNC? Such a bad speaker, it's actually news if he gets his point across.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Bush is scared to death about debates because he knowz he caint talk as good az Kerry.
Chicken s#$%t. C'mon George, you wanna be president again? Lets see what you're made out of!!!!!
I personaly cant wait till you're on the spot- so I can laugh at you some more!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

He's scared of the people huh?
ONLY PRE-APPROVED MEDIA MAY QUESTION THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ!
That line the undecided voters might be partisan is weak.
All his events are partisan! Stacked with loyalty oath signers, leave your soul at the door. :shk:

George Bush is scared of being confronted by people that hate what he has done to our country and our lives. I'm sure that he's scared of his own shadow, if the truth were known,

This is so true of Bush of what Rant said; All his events are partisan! Stacked with loyalty oath signers, leave your soul at the door.
Bush was here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa last Friday using one of our "better" parks for his rally. A person had to have a ticket to get into the park, people were being "bussed" in using our city bus's, the rally was being held in the middle of the park,.... a good 500 feet from each direction from the streets, three city streets were cordoned off for no parking, the city had placed "city equipment (trucks)" to close-in the park and block the view of the protesters from everyone in the park, the city police and county sheriff's deputies were blocking all streets around the park. There was about 50 to 75 cops standing in the middle of the street to protect the entrance into the park, and to keep us protesters out (about 200 protesters). Two teachers went to jail for protesting Bush and a young man was also taken to jail because he managed to get by the police ( without being seen)
, and stood up against the park fence holding a anti-Bush sign,..... the police finally noticed the guy and arrested him. We were not allowed to step into the street ( that we pay taxes for), if a protester stepped onto the street two or three cops would confront the person and tell him/her to get back onto the curb or sidewalk or face going to jail.
As you can see, anyone that speaks against Bush is not allowed into his rallies, they try to keep the media from seeing and filming any protesters so that the rest of the world would beleive that Bush is loved and supported by everyone, which is a lie.
John kerry will mop the floor with george bush, just as john edwards will with "tricky" dick cheney if all the "debates" are held, even if only a couple debates are held those two will be the mop-heads and John k/john e will be the cleaners

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You know, Bush did beat Gore in the debates in 2000. I'd say Gore was a better public speaker then Kerry, and the Republicans did have nearly as much ammo.

The claims he's an awful public speaker, or an idiot are always going to come back to haunt his opponents. Not only will they underestimate him, he only has to really perform half as good as his opponent to appear to be equal. That's the type of hole the Democrats have dug for themselves.

The real fact is that Bush has nothing to gain from these debates right now, so why the hell should he risk it? That would just be dumb.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join