It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Third Rock": The Music NASA Radio Station!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
NASA Music Radio Station? WHY THIS? What behind this absolutely unusual behavior from NASA?
Third Rock Radio NASA

If you were a cool new song, where would you want to live?

YOU'VE LANDED ON IT.

You’re connected to THIRD ROCK - America’s Space Station!

It's radio powered with NASA—a blend of art and science built to put you light years ahead with the best new music out there…really out there.

On THIRD ROCK, you’ll hear New Rock of all kinds, including a whole galaxy full of new music that seems to go largely unexplored by ordinary radio. Just like a healthy scientific curiosity leads to great discoveries in technology, a good musical curiosity is constantly leading us to great New Rock, which we will immediately share with you!

While NASA is synonymous with the exploration of space, technology, and science education, THIRD ROCK, which is focused on NASA and the great things going on there every day, is all about the exploration of New Rock.

Exploration of New Music?

Is this a Joke?

edit on 15-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
you mean NASA is synonymous with coverups, lies and deception.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It gives the secret astronauts working on moon & Mars bases something to listen to.
I look forward to the day they produce music videos Beavis & Butthead can make fun of.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Its an interesting way to get people interested in NASA / space exploration. We need to face facts - when we decided we were not going back to the moon, we lost a huge program that bound us together as a nation. It offered hope, national pride and demonstrated that we can overcome any obstacle we encounter when we put our minds to work.

Everything else was low earth orbit or satellite / probes to other planets in our solar system, and even then we dont get access to all of the pictures.

An step, no matter how small, is a good thing if it causes people to check things out.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
You need to pay attention:

THIRD ROCK is produced and executed by Houston-based RFCMedia, the leader in online radio that is focused on brands and business. THIRD ROCK is supported by a small group of amazing brands and advertisers, and we encourage you to click on their ads and links on the home page to check them out and find out more.

www.thirdrockradio.net...

It is not NASA. The lack of support for NASA is damaging Houston's economy, so it appears that various contractors and businesses are trying to burnish NASA's image for the younger generations. That's all.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The lack of support for NASA is its lies. This is the LOWEST level from decades.

Other Competitors on the horizon... and Nasa is only a pale shadow.
No new shuttles, no Moon, no Mars. (officially)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The lack of support for NASA is its lies. This is the LOWEST level from decades.

No, the lack of support for NASA is due to atrophy of the imagination on the part of the public. Perhaps if they started lying, instead of doing science, they might be more popular.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Arken

No, the lack of support for NASA is due to atrophy of the imagination on the part of the public. Perhaps if they started lying, instead of doing science, they might be more popular.

No. NASA started lying from always. NASA lie on everything. (confirmed from my European skilled source)

As I said This is the LOWEST level of its credibility in the world-wide scientific community.
NASA have no more credibility, even in the foreign official institutions, because, they know that the Military run the Agency.

Every statements that comes from NASA it is in huge late and always put under deep scrutiny by other Foreign Agencies.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
After NASAMUSIC, what is next: NASACOLA, NASAPOPCORN; NASABURGER, NASATOYS....

Space is a really very serious matter...and not for all... And the Real hidden NASA.... know this.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

No. NASA started lying from always. NASA lie on everything. (confirmed from my European skilled source)

Is your European "skilled source" Lachezar Filipov by any chance?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I bet they play a lot of Rush.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Arken

Is your European "skilled source" Lachezar Filipov by any chance?

No. He work for ESA (European Space Agency).
And by the way there are a lot of troubles inside that Agency on the NASA/ESA cooperation rules.....
edit on 16-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

No. He work for ESA (European Space Agency).
And by the way there are a lot of troubles inside that Agency on the NASA/ESA cooperation rules.....

So why don't you start a new thread to document your claims instead of derailing this one? Or do you just want to keep bumping this thread so that everyone can see that you don't know how to read a domain name?
edit on 16-12-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
NASA Music Radio Station? WHY THIS? What behind this absolutely unusual behavior from NASA?

I'm not exactly sure why you find a NASA radio station "absolutely unusual behavior". The people at NASA are people too. I'm pretty sure the people at NASA like music. Besides, from what I read about this, it won't only be music, but also a little NASA information (although I think mostly music).

It's probably mostly just a PR thing, and everyone does PR. I'm not sure why you don't think NASA would be into do some fun PR stuff also (like a radio station). Something like this shows that the people who works at NASA are normal people just like you and me. It humanizes NASA and makes them more accessible, which based on your reaction is something I suppose they need to do.

This sort of reminds me of the CIA website's "Kids' Page", which is a portion of the CIA website just for kids -- with educational games and other kids activities. I'm pretty sure the purpose of that page is to get kids interested in the intelligence field with the hopes that some of them will consider taking data analysis or political science-type majors in college, and later consider the CIA as a career.

The same could be true for this NASA radio. Perhaps one of its goals is to have high school and college kids who are interested in science listen to this, and keep NASA on their minds when choosing their post-college careers.

edit on 12/16/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join