It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you please..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
.........move all the political forums to a separate area, out of sight so I don't keep getting sucked into them? I'm only half joking here. It's like a lure for fish and I'm the stupid fish that takes the bait.

I admit it. I'm weak! I need a way to block those forums from my screen.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
.........move all the political forums to a separate area, out of sight so I don't keep getting sucked into them? I'm only half joking here. It's like a lure for fish and I'm the stupid fish that takes the bait.

I admit it. I'm weak! I need a way to block those forums from my screen.

I hear you. And think it's a good idea, in fact all the OWS threads should go to trash bin for being what they obviously are (for the most part) political trolling.
edit on 14-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: trooling lmfao

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The Political Madness Forum is aptly named. But then its me that's stupid and weak. I should know better than to click on them. It's like a drug.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There used to be the Politics@AboveTopSecret or PATS a while ago, that was just for this very thing. I wasn't here when they did away with it, but I'd be curious to see with the elections coming up in 2012 if they'll split the forum again from all of the political threads.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
lol, skip the main forum board, skip recent posts and start making use of "myATS" so that you can censor all the political madness from yourself.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There's a "question mark icon" in the upper right corner just above the first thread listed on the Recent Posts page...highlight it for instructions on how to customize your Recent Posts page...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Agreed. I have my favorites in myATS. I don't read what I don't want, and even get an email of the best topics.

I still check the new topic firehose from time to time. The whole system is like watching evolution occur.....

.....people want features, and they eventually appear.

edit on 12/14/11 by Druid42 because: spelling gnomes haunting me

edit on 12/14/11 by Druid42 because: removed sarcasm. unneeded.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hi Blaine.
Once you use your own power to ignore a few political threads, it gets easier. It's like any addiction. You first have to admit you have a problem.
And you have, so just gather your strength, use MyATS instead of Recent Posts and go for it! Good luck!

I can be your sponsor if you like.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
lol, skip the main forum board, skip recent posts and start making use of "myATS" so that you can censor all the political madness from yourself.

I know. Old habits are hard to break and I do love debate. Sick of politics already though. I'll force myself.

Ran into another hate filled post and got irritated. Got to learn not to let hateful people make me act like them.
I'm not at all like that.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

On the recent post page you will see a little red or pink minus sign (-) at the end of the forum name just under the title of the thread, click that and the thread will not show up on your ATS Recent Post page again.
You can also add it back if you wish.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I need a way to block those forums from my screen.

Its called the OFF switch... use it and go dig up some rocks

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

On the recent post page you will see a little red or pink minus sign (-) at the end of the forum name just under the title of the thread, click that and the thread will not show up on your ATS Recent Post page again.

I use that quite often. Especially when Elenin started.
I'm just afraid that if he makes "Political Madness" dissappear, I won't exist anymore.

Edit to add, your avitar makes my bunny cry. It scares me.
edit on 15-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

My bold.

The correct term is 'forum'. The forum that the thread is in will be removed from the recent posts page.

Ignore me all you want but please at least get it right ...

Edit to add - My above post is still correct...

edit on Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:52:55 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Addendum

edit on Thu, 15 Dec 2011 18:03:40 -0600 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Why do you wish to insulate yourself from the affairs of the day, the ones that will end up affecting each and every one of us in time to come? Just curious!

new topics

top topics

join