It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia Readies for Airborne H5N1 Bird Flu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

www.thejakartapost.com

Indonesia ….opened on Monday its first ever isolation rooms with negative pressure….

….the newly developed airborne infection isolation facilities….. were specifically designed to help contain avian influenza [bird flu] outbreaks in the country.

“By developing such airborne infection isolation rooms, we hope that hospitals can offer better treatment for patients infected by the virus so that we can reduce bird flu-related deaths,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bird Flu Research Rattles Bioterrorism Field
Man-Made "Super Flu" Could Kill Half Of Humanity
Importance of New H5N1 (Bird Flu) Variant Downplayed
World Preps for Flu Season Ahead of Schedule

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
H5N1 bird flu has never been airborne, at least not officially. But such isolation facilities are not built on a whim - there has to be a real, proven need. Moreover, funding and hardware for negative-pressure isolation rooms do not appear overnight. Months of planning are needed, and more months of building, ordering, more building, staff training and etc - maybe years.

Obviously, Indonesia's isolation room projects have been in the works for a long time. In fact, research reports have been warning about increased transmissibility and pandemic dangers for a while. But no one ever said it's right here, right now real.

We did have a few hints though. Two September ATS news articles outline the reports: Importance of New H5N1 (Bird Flu) Variant Downplayed, and World Preps for Flu Season Ahead of Schedule.

Then a few weeks ago, several news headlines claimed flu research is a bioterrorist threat - from a research project involving the creation of an easily transmissible -airborne- strain of H5N1 bird flu. In fact there have been several such projects, including two in the USA. But suddenly, the news focus is on the potential for accidental release and feared use of the new virus by bioterrorists.

Given the timelines, it seems likely that airborne H5N1 bird flu evolved in the wild before the controversial research was conducted. That's why Indonesia already has their isolation rooms for airborne bird flu up and running. That's why flu researchers are focusing on airborne strains.

The real controversy with the new strain is about whether or not the information should be in the public domain so all flu scientists can work together to develop treatments - or if such knowledge should be privately owned, and Big Pharma should hold the patent and intellectual property rights - and make a killing.

There's no bioterrirism threat here - it's smoke and mirrors. Big Pharma is fighting for the new Pandemic monopoly. It looks like the whole bioterrorism threat campaign is a cover-up of a cover-up.

Indonesia is already near-bankrupt and reeling from earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions. Given its financial situation, why would Indonesia make it a priority to build negative-pressure isolation rooms for airborne H5N1 bird flu? Unless H5N1 bird flu is already airborne?

Unless a new strain of deadly, airborne H5N1 bird flu is already circulating, and about to go pandemic.

www.thejakartapost.com
edit on 14/12/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
redacted

edit on 14-12-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

of course bird flu is airborne..

the pandemic was designed that way- healthfreedoms.org...

remember, the same people that control their government are the same people that control our governments...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

and apparently invented the flu too??

Wow...just...wow!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by soficrow

H5N1 bird flu has never been airborne, at least not officially.

You got that exactly wrong!

Oh I think he got it pretty close....at least close enough... from your wiki link

are virtually absent in humans,

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Erm, no - I'm right. H5N1 is deadly, but unlike other flu was NOT airborne between people and so, wasn't transmitted easily person-to-person. The fear always was that H1N1 swine flu (easily transmissible but benign) would team up with bird flu (deadly but not airborne person-to-person) - and we'd be in big trouble. ...Picture swine flu's ease of transmissibility combined with bird flu's deadliness. From your source:

H5N1 as an avian virus preferentially binds to a type of galactose receptors that populate the avian respiratory tract from the nose to the lungs and are virtually absent in humans, occurring only in and around the alveoli, structures deep in the lungs where oxygen is passed to the blood. Therefore, the virus is not easily expelled by coughing and sneezing, the usual route of transmission.

...Infected birds transmit H5N1 through their saliva, nasal secretions, feces and blood. Other animals may become infected with the virus through direct contact with these bodily fluids or through contact with surfaces contaminated with them.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This is my pet peeve and biggest rant. Diseases like virulent bird flu are evolving naturally because agricultural industries' business practices create new diseases. Our governments bowed down to big business and did NOT regulate agriculture -or nanotechnology, or medical industries, or anything- to prevent it from happening.

We do not need political bioterrorists or governments to create plagues - industry does a fine job.

Ed. to ADD - You're right though - fiascos like the Baxter thing DO happen. All hail human error. But the most significant factor, imho, is unregulated industry. ...We are only beginning to see the tip of the iceberg. Not just with infectious pandemics, but with the chronic disease NCD Pandemic. .....We're all just frogs sitting in a giant pot of water that's starting to get hot. Wait til it boils.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yes - my apologies - I had misread that section along with some other articles suggesting that airborne infection was a possible source, and others expressing concern that it won't take much in the way of mutation for airborne transmission to becoem much more prevalent.

Mea culpa.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It's all good.
....But i'm thinking it's already airborne, and the authorities have been covering it up. ...Partly because people won't believe it, partly because there's no treatment - not even a bad vaccine.

...What do you think?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What I've read says that they think that transmission in small family groups may have been airborne - but they cannot prove it one way or the other.

The possibility has certainly not been covered up.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No - but it has been argued. And those cases date back years, and were isolated too - although they all proved the strain was mutating towards easier transmissibility. What's happening now is quite different though - it looks like full-out airborne, virulent and deadly. Like swine flu married bird flu.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Ther are discussions about how easily flu viruses mutate, and as I mentioned a very real fear that it will become easily airborne - eg here - where a ferret-specific version was created, and the blog comment about it - the fear has always been there, and the knowledge that it might happen has always been public.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I too have written much about the potential for mutation, specifically with the bird and swine flu but other diseases as well. I reported here on the Fouchier experiment too, and that's what I meant when I said the focus on accidental escape and/or bioterrorist use was a smokescreen - the real issue is whether or not scientific research should be "Open Access" or privately owned for profit.

....and of course, to cover up the fact that H5N1 bird flu already mutated to become airborne - while maintaining its virulence. As in shift the focus off the role played by industry, and blame scientists and bioterrorists instead.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You need to worry more about the labs that have weaponized avian flu. I can recall roughly 6 years ago there was the big hype about being prepared for the bird flu. That year, and I apologize for not having the proper references, I can remember reading in a science journal that half the robin population had succumbed to a "virus". TPTB , IMO, had released the bird flu then, and again recently. The results were somewhat less than what they anticipated. I know there will be debunking about my view. However, it is my opinion that this is a probable cause of first the robin die-off, and the more recent die-offs published in the main stream media. I believe H5N1 does not transmit easily in the wild. The new version cooked up recently may be a different matter. Have at me....it's just a theory.
edit on 14-12-2011 by fredgbear because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

www.thejakartapost.com

Indonesia ….opened on Monday its first ever isolation rooms with negative pressure….

….the newly developed airborne infection isolation facilities….. were specifically designed to help contain avian influenza [bird flu] outbreaks in the country.

“By developing such airborne infection isolation rooms, we hope that hospitals can offer better treatment for patients infected by the virus so that we can reduce bird flu-related deaths,”

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bird Flu Research Rattles Bioterrorism Field
Man-Made "Super Flu" Could Kill Half Of Humanity
Importance of New H5N1 (Bird Flu) Variant Downplayed
World Preps for Flu Season Ahead of Schedule

But the Dutch only just recently mutated it to be able to be transmitted form human to human and they promised they won't let it out of their lab.

Hang on. Indonesia doesn't trust the Dutch anymore that's right

edit on 14-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Genuine Questions:
I've never even had a normal everyday ordinary regular flu (or preventative shot) - should I worry?
- - - too many adjectives? more commas?
did anyone else see the word "virtually"?
- - - pretty sure that means almost, not quite, nearly.... implying there's some, not none

hit enter too soon

I'm just saying - who is susceptible? and do we really have proof its airborne?
I could think of at least 10 other things that they spend money on thats unnecessary
oh look here's 20 - #7 and #9 are the best

edit on 15-12-2011 by Forevever because: stupid trigger finger

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

This is my pet peeve and biggest rant. Diseases like virulent bird flu are evolving naturally because agricultural industries' business practices create new diseases. Our governments bowed down to big business and did NOT regulate agriculture -or nanotechnology, or medical industries, or anything- to prevent it from happening.

We do not need political bioterrorists or governments to create plagues - industry does a fine job.

Ed. to ADD - You're right though - fiascos like the Baxter thing DO happen. All hail human error. But the most significant factor, imho, is unregulated industry. ...We are only beginning to see the tip of the iceberg. Not just with infectious pandemics, but with the chronic disease NCD Pandemic. .....We're all just frogs sitting in a giant pot of water that's starting to get hot. Wait til it boils.

Fiascos like baxter,,, human error... really...?

"It is still not clear how 72 kilograms of the world’s deadliest bioweapon can be sent by accident from a high biosecurity facilities, not irradiated and under a false label."

Does that sound like an oopsy daisy error, or does it sound like somebody had an agenda that couldn't have been sold without the help of the media...? i know which one i'd go with..!

i just think stories like this [Indonesia redies for h5n1] are a good way of keeping "the pandemic" in the worlds media and in peoples thoughts..

And on the flip side its a good way to pass on money between "special" corporations!

Your very much wrong, corporations/governments very much need other corporations to engineer pandemics in order to A- profit from the vaccine that would have gone with! B- to cull some of the slaves, and C- possibly one of the more important aspects overall would've been the web of negativity the 'pandemic' would have smothered the world in...

Remember, the 'elites' know very well what is in store for us and how important it is to keep us in their retarded lil world of fear... Imagine the uproar if the slaves realised enmass how they had been defrauded by a fraudulent system and began to wake up to our true potential!!

Like bush the nazi said- "If the people knew what we had done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us."

So yes, they have very good reasons to create a pandemic!!

Peoples alarm bells should have started ringing when the media started kicking up a fuss about a few hundred people dying because of some flu.... A million+ die per year from seasonal flu alone....!!

Put it this way, I showed the same link about baxter to my dad, he's a clever man, and he couldn't debunk the source[official Austrian governments website]. And now when i'm trying to point something out and he tells me i'm being silly/paranoid, I just remind him of this and he says no more!!lol.

Keep an open mind.. Governments/corporations who are there for the benefit of other corporations and not the slaves, they have a surplus of those!!

edit on 15/12/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

…..corporations/governments very much need other corporations to engineer pandemics in order to A- profit from the vaccine that would have gone with! B- to cull some of the slaves, and C- possibly one of the more important aspects overall would've been the web of negativity the 'pandemic' would have smothered the world in...

……they have very good reasons to create a pandemic!!

The big hole in your thesis is the idea that a "pandemic" can be controlled. It can't be. No artificial plague can wipe out populations in any useful way or serve any political purpose because once it's loose, it will mutate, evolve and change. When that happens, even the "chosen" have no immunity or protection. Anyone who knows even basic biology knows this.

Even now, there are no effective vaccines or treatments - the old idea of using statins for flu treatment is being revived, but that's a desperation play on the part of public health authorities, and a money grab from Big Pharma.

i just think stories like this [Indonesia redies for h5n1] are a good way of keeping "the pandemic" in the worlds media and in peoples thoughts..

"Stories like this" are way under the public radar - corporate media keeps people busy blaming scientists for creating virulent diseases, and sick people for making themselves sick. The truth is far more complicated. And as the scientist said at the end of Contagion,

"No one has to weaponize the bird flu - the birds are doing that."

Industry's role in creating disease is far more insidious than any governments' might be - it certainly includes purposeful creation of agricultural bioweapons that run amok, but intent is not necessary, just disregard. For example:

Scientific American: U.S. Pig Farms May Be 'Flu Factories'

MEN: You are being chemically castrated

H1N1 Flu: A Tale of Evolution, Economics, Power Politics and International Law

As far as intent goes, corporations are most likely to indulge in agricultural bioterrorism - they have the strongest motivation, best experts, highest quality labs and easiest access to needed materials.

Agricultural Biowarfare & Bioterrorism

"….the list of possible perpetrators includes corporations, which may have state-of-the-art technical expertise.

…corporations ...could benefit immensely from the economic impacts, market share changes, and financial market effects of a successful biological attack. ...The combination of motivation, expertise, and materials within a single, closed organization is worrisome. Of course, corporations, like countries, would run enormous legal risks if they perpetrated a biological attack, so if they were to choose to do this, it would be expertly designed to mimic a natural outbreak or to appear to be the work of others."

The evidence suggests that H5N1 Bird Flu was developed as an agricultural bioweapon, released in Asia to destroy the region's poultry industry - and then mutated out of control to start infecting people. It wasn't "designed" that way. It just happened.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

But such isolation facilities are not built on a whim - there has to be a real, proven need. Moreover, funding and hardware for negative-pressure isolation rooms do not appear overnight.

Actually it's not that big of a deal, it's done via tweaking the HVAC system so that more air is being pushed into the corridor areas than is being returned into the plenum so that when you open the room doors, air flows into the rooms instead of out of them. This is done all the time in the US even in office buildings- by code stairwells have to have positive pressure so that smoke doesn't get sucked in during emergency egress; and while not required, it's a good idea to pressurize lobbies so that they don't get cold in the winter when the doors are opening and closing (especially if there are no vestibules). Now if they were getting into special bio-filters then that would be seriously costly because each room would require separate filtration. But I don't see mention of that in the article.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join