It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to speak to Fort Bragg troops about end of Iraq war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

thehill.com

President Obama’s Wednesday speech at Fort Bragg, N.C., will focus on the significance of ending the Iraq war, the White House announced Saturday.

“As we definitively end America’s war in Iraq this month, the president wanted to speak directly to the troops at Fort Bragg and to members of the Armed Forces and their families everywhere,” the White House said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Seems that Obama is going to speak today about the end of the war at Fort Bragg.

Nothing really specific about it yet other than Air Force One has landed at Fort Bragg already and the President and First Lady are supposedly preparing to address the troops.

I will see if I can find a live video link and post it in case anyone cares to watch it.

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It is supposed to air live here.
edit on 14-12-2011 by jerryznv because: ....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

.....we definitively end America’s war in Iraq this month

But none of you will be coming home, because the war isnt over. LOL.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

He's definitely going to speak to the troops about the end of the Iraq war. But its not going to end.
Most of us already know that, but it won't stop the anti-american americans from complaining.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

It's really hard to know what he is going to say...now days just about anything could come out of his mouth.

Supposedly it is to honor all the men and women who have fought and to those who have lost their lives. I think I heard there is going to be mention of gratitude to all the service men and women who where involved...either state side or abroad.

I don't know...it's kicking off right now...so I guess we will find out!

Supposedly we are still leaving behind 5,000 or so troops...but it is officially over (whatever that means)!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yes, he'll speak on the end of the Iraq war...but, betcha he doesn't tell them where they'll be shipped to next...home is not my bet.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just wait for their next deployment after a nice Christmas Break and the first of the year. Obama is just getting warmed up with his Obama Doctrine.

He forgot to mention the 8,000 or so civilians and private US contractors that will be left in Iraq on diplomatic duty.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The only reason that he is "ending" the war in Iraq, is to position the US for a possible war with Iran or Syria. He is also doing it to dupe Democrats into believing he gives a sh- in the coming election year. This game is totally predictable a shame really that most are still caught in the Demo/Repub cycle thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

He forgot to mention the 8,000 or so civilians and private US contractors that will be left in Iraq on diplomatic duty.

I don't think he forgot...that was a very obvious omission!

I suppose on that note he forgot to tell us where the troops are going next too...but that was an omission also!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Fort Bragg is going to be a busy place in 2012 when you consider that Airborne and Spec. Ops are based there

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
what ever Obama says, just plan for the exact opposite of what comes out of his mouth. the moment you start reversing everything he says, it all comes true!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Obama " Ok people, I have some good news".Obama pause. "And I have some bad news." Obama pause. "The good news", Obama pause," is",Obama pause," the war in Iraq is over". (cheers go wild) and yep you guessed it, Obama pause. "And now for the bad news". dead silence,,,pin drops and Obama pause. "You all will be", Obama Pause, "going to", ,,,,,"war in Syria"..long Obama pause
edit on 14-12-2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

Please insert the and ummmmm's lololololol.....good one!!!
edit on 14-12-2011 by rebellender because: edited for the benefit of poster below....good call buddy...thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
Obama " Ok people, I have some good news".Obama pause. "And I have some bad news." Obama pause. "The good news", Obama pause," is",Obama pause," the war in Iraq is over". (cheers go wild) "and yep you guessed it," Obama pause. "And now for the bad news". dead silence,,,pin drops and Obama pause. "You all will be", Obama Pause, "going to", ,,,,,"war in Syria"..long Obama pause
edit on 14-12-2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

You for got the "and ummm.... and......ummmmm......ummmmm....and"

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
wait i thought this war was over a long time ago, according to what he said during his campaign. :\

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Yes your right...here is the video of that campaign ad:

Its not on youtube so I just have to settle for a link at the moment!
edit on 14-12-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

edit on 14-12-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

ahhh. this takes me back a few years, when i would tell people "NO! he's not going to keep those promises, look into Ron Paul" and the other person would say "who the F*** is this Ron dude". lol.
im glad now to be able to tell people "hey, i told ya so" when they would think i was a conspiracy nutt with a tin foil hat on.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

ahhh. this takes me back a few years, when i would tell people "NO! he's not going to keep those promises, look into Ron Paul" and the other person would say "who the F*** is this Ron dude". lol.
im glad now to be able to tell people "hey, i told ya so" when they would think i was a conspiracy nutt with a tin foil hat on.

It is funny...he said by "2009 and you can take that to the bank"...so he is only a couple years short...but still lying because all the troops aren't home...and when they get here they're shortly going to be shipped off again...IMO anyways!

Was a liar...is a liar...will be a liar seems to fit here!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

It is funny...he said by "2009 and you can take that to the bank"...so he is only a couple years short...but still lying because all the troops aren't home...and when they get here they're shortly going to be shipped off again...IMO anyways!

Was a liar...is a liar...will be a liar seems to fit here!

right. just like any other president that would say anything to help him win the election. the most influence in winning that election was the fact that he's black. i was called a racist for disliking Obama. (considering i grew up in a neighborhood that's majority is blacks and hispanics, Watts california)
but hey, i am done trusting presidents, it's time we take this matters into the "peoples hands, our hands". as much as i like Ron Paul he can be a puppet for TPTB, just like any other president. it's time to DIY (do it yourself)
edit on 14-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is so outrageous. Does anyone else see through the blatant hypocrisy of ending one war only to start three more?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join