It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon Accidentally Sent a Scary Emergency Alert Telling People to "Take Shelter"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflops

My "common sense becon" is going off louder than it ever has. It's so easy to see that SOMETHING is about to go down and go down BIGTIME. I just don't know WHAT. Could it be they are about to round up all the people on government assistance? God knows they've made these people look like subhuman leaches enough that I doubt the majority of people would care.. They'd probably applaud it.. "better them than me!" Could it be they are about to immpliment a new Marxist government? Could it be nuclear war? It's amazing that I post this on FB and no one responds... But I tell a joke about my butt and there's 20 comments all with a gazzilion exclamation points.. "OH MY GOD!!!!!!". "LMAO!!!!!". "I JUST PEED!!!!!"
Ugh (facepalm)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
all i'm saying is who cares, if it happens it happens, you only got two choices regardless. Die fighting or live on in shame.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi guys,
I read this thread earlier on today and found it to be rather interesting.
BUT!
I was just happily doing my university coursework and got a text:

"This is the annual TEST of the Mass Text Facility which has been implemented in the interests of Personal Safety. There is no emergency, this is a TEST"

from the number 88020.

The funny thing is.... I live in England. Did anyone else from the UK get this? It may well be some spam from someone who thinks he's funny... Are they gearing up for something big? What a crazy world we live in.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
verizon were obvioulsy just testing the water before everyone sends the message out next saturday week.

they jumped the gun.

should be fun.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"Test"?
What a joke.
A few months back half of CA lost power.
Cell phones STOPPED working.
Emergency texts are a waste of time when the Cell Phone infrastructure will fail in a simle power outage.

Posturing and ropaganda to gain funding from Feds and FEMA.
Cell phone warnings are a joke.

Don't bet your life on getting any emergency warnings even if TPTB want to send them.
The Idea is flawed from the start.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
verizon were obvioulsy just testing the water before everyone sends the message out next saturday week.

they jumped the gun.

should be fun.

Alright there JohnySeagull - whats going to happen next Saturday week??

(Asides from the obvious 'christmas' holiday)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by flipflops
reply to post by flipflops

My "common sense becon" is going off louder than it ever has. It's so easy to see that SOMETHING is about to go down and go down BIGTIME. I just don't know WHAT. Could it be they are about to round up all the people on government assistance? God knows they've made these people look like subhuman leaches enough that I doubt the majority of people would care.. They'd probably applaud it.. "better them than me!" Could it be they are about to immpliment a new Marxist government? Could it be nuclear war? It's amazing that I post this on FB and no one responds... But I tell a joke about my butt and there's 20 comments all with a gazzilion exclamation points.. "OH MY GOD!!!!!!". "LMAO!!!!!". "I JUST PEED!!!!!"
Ugh (facepalm)

You say it's "easy to see" but in the same sentence admit you don't know what...

Also..i have BIIIIIG troubles seeing the logical connection between a 'maliciously' sent emergency message and "...rounding up all people on gvt assistance"...."Marxist government is coming"....or "nuclear war is imminent".

Seriously...my brain is not fit to even remotely understand such logic..this is why i cant follow you people and your ways of thinking and speculating...
edit on 14-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
-illuminatis stupidis-

They just showed their hand

Ha !!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

satan claws is launching a drone attack against the U.S.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Ahhh, you just might be onto something...

The new Chinese Aircraft Carrier has been spotted on the move.....

edit on 14/12/11 by ThatGuy45 because: Not that its functional but still

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You say it's "easy to see" but in the same sentence admit you don't know what...

Also..i have BIIIIIG troubles seeing the logical connection between a 'maliciously' sent emergency message and "...rounding up all people on gvt assistance"...."Marxist government is coming"....or "nuclear war is imminent".

Seriously...my brain is not fit to even remotely understand such logic..this is why i cant follow you people and your ways of thinking and speculating...
edit on 14-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Im sorry if I'm one of "you people" and if your brain isn't fit to understand such logic.. Why burden it with reading them? Just go back to "keeping up with the Kardashians" and you'll be fine my friend. sorry for making your brain hurt...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Are we sure that the message indeed came from Verizon? Could it have been a spammers attempt at either identifying active numbers and/or spreading disinfo?

I have Sprint. I have not received any message pertaining to an alert or an alert system.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This story reminds me of the War of the Worlds broadcast back during the thirties. I'm not going to be so quick on thinking this was a bad joke.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If this was a warning from a Verizon insider... maybe the times aren't times at all. A 57 minute event doesn't like a "Civil Emergency" to me. Rather, I think the numbers refer to the upcoming dates: 12/27 - 1/24. With the Executive Branch and Congress pushing for physical/mental detainment bills so fast (2012 NDAA, SOPA/PROTECT-IP, and FEMA camps activation) everything seems to add up too nicely. Just thinking about it gets me spooked. I hope nothing happens but I will be on my toes nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thetimeisnow111

Interesting thought, but please explain to me how you arrived at those dates from the #57

I understand 57 represents the 'warning' length in minutes - but whats the connection to those dates you provided?

ThatGuy45

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is another tool that will be used to control regional civil unrest.

Protest crowds gather or looting begins and they issue an alert that there is a threat in the local area, which is technically true, and you immediately have a few thousand people off the streets.

This isn't only about the threat of a nuclear attack, of which there is none at the moment. This about increasing the internal national security and increasing the manipulation of the people to prevent widespread violence and/or peaceful revolution.

Mark my words, when the € and/or $ collapses, it won't matter what approval rating your president of the moment has, the public will see whoever is in power as the one responsible, if not directly for the collapse, certainly for the crackdown that will result.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join