It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colour Shouldn't Divide Us. [WTB]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
(A very short entry I decided to quickly add..had to change my original one as someone already covered that!)

“I’ve got my mothers skin, I’ve got my father’s eyes...it’s something that I can’t deny...it’s nothing that I want to hide..and even though my roots come from the other side, I didn’t think that they would mind...”

I sighed as I hunched down into myself, my hands digging further in my pocket. The harsh wind raged across my vulnerable ears as I wrapped my hands around, hugging myself. It was getting colder by the second...ah the joys of Winter. I quickened my step, scurrying home from school, wanting to avoid the dark that may engulf us.

“Oi, look over there guys...I see scums.”

I glanced at the direction in which the voice seemed to be originating from.....not again.

“Paki, go back to your own country.”

I stopped midstep, gritting my teeth, clenching my fists hard enough to draw blood from the nails digging into my skin. My brother tugged on my sleeve willing me to ignore them. Resuming myself, I carried on.

Behind me, insults spurred out furiously from their mouths, “Yeah you better walk away. Where's Mohammed now, huh?”

“I'm a Hindu you twit and I was born here.” I muttered under my breath, too faint for the loony to hear.

And that was the first of many. We always then scrambled home, taking comfort in the safety awaiting us.

Once upon a time, we didn’t pretend we have open minds, we actually did. Once upon a time, we didn’t judge people on colour. Once upon a time, it didn’t matter. Yet now it does, we form our stereotypes, we form our opinions.

I'm brown. That doesn't mean I'm going to fly out and bomb someone. I'm used to getting analysing looks in the train, people trying to get a peek into my rucksack, only to be surprised to find sheets of paper covered with mathematical jumble.

Take a 5 year old kid. They don't care about skin colours. Children so young are actually so wise, so innocent.. It's society that contorts their views as they grow up, polishing their end product. If you closed your eyes...you wouldn't be able to distinguish between colour. It makes NO difference. I respect you, you should respect me back. And I'm not only talking on behalf of being brown, I'm talking for everyone.

Rose, black or orange. It doesn't matter. Colour shouldn't divide us. Yet it does...and that, to me, is just one of the many failures of the human race.

“Tell me how to change traditions when it's all of them against me? How can I change a million minds in this lifetime? If I erase my history, what defines me...if I let them change my truth...would I be good enough for you?”
edit on 13-12-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So, is it a fair guess that the UK is going through the color phase like the US did in the 60's?
It is ok it passes and the haters are looked at as backwards thinking inbreds.
Color truly is a non issue, we're all humans.
Well, most of us anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Off topic forgive me, But what does WTB mean on here? I know it means want to buy when used differently. But this isn't the case.

U
edit on 13-12-2011 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by USarmyFL

It's to enter in the latest writing contest (Found on the main page within this sub forum)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Very short and sweet...

I like it!
Although I would've changed one thing...

I am brown.

To this:

"I am brown, beautiful and remarkably intelligent, unlike those who judge based on color."

I am bias...sorry!

I see no color when it comes to skin, never have.
I don't like to be the judge, as human as it is, but when I do, it's based on intelligence.
Seems to be more fair...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Very short and sweet...

I like it!
Although I would've changed one thing...

I am brown.

To this:

"I am brown, beautiful and remarkably intelligent, unlike those who judge based on color."

I am bias...sorry!

Haallo Havok! Long time

Heh...I disagree with the above 2 lines!

I see no color when it comes to skin, never have.
I don't like to be the judge, as human as it is, but when I do, it's based on intelligence.
Seems to be more fair...

Yeah I don't see the point...I don't really see how it makes any difference to be honest. It's pathetic that people do. Well I usually judge people on personality....you can be not intelligent and a very very nice human being

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Tell me about it. I've come across people who have unbelievable stereotypes about people who are different. Sometimes I just want give them a smack upside the head. And, unfortunately, they are the type of people who apparently don't use any proof or evidence. To them, every Muslim or person of Middle Eastern descent is a terrorist. I might as well be arguing with a rock.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
reply to post by USarmyFL

It's to enter in the latest writing contest (Found on the main page within this sub forum)

Oh okay thanks.

U

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nice post. Two famous saying come to mind:

"Love thy neighbor as thyself" and "Love is blind".

new topics

top topics

join