It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to Kyoto: We're Out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

Again, come on. That is not the only alternative. Proportional representation is the best way to truly reflect the will of the people.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I read an article pre tsunami that said Japan wasn't going to renew Kyoto either.

tried to find it but Canada withdrawing has clogged the search.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
This is sad and shameful. Yet another reason for all Canadians to be embarrassed of our extreme right-wing government and that coward Harper. Canada used to be respected on the world stage. Now the rest of the world looks down upon us. The really sad part is that most Canadians are oblivious to the destruction of the values Canada used to live by and espouse.

Stephen Harper is a villan in the truest sense of the word.

Well, actually we have more reasons than Kyoto to be embarrassed about Harper, you can start with the SPP, move to the new bills C36, 50, 51 and 52 and then just to add a little icing, Russell Williams (rapist cum murderer) was Harper's pilot as well as Paul Bernardo's contest rape buddy at Centennial College, U of T, Scarborough. I guess they are all in the same club huh, birds of a feather and all that.... do tend to protect and promote their own, at least until they become liabilities.

And yes, IMO Harper is lower than the pond scum that feeds on pig feces.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

unfccc.int...

Sorry I didn't realize Obama missed signing this one....the facts are Clinton did indeed sign on in 1998, Bush did NOT sign the ratification, so I will give O a shout out for not signing the "entry into force"......my friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
reply to post by juniperberry

Come on now. You do not need to be reminded that Harper got less than 40% of the vote and less than 25% of the total electorate voted for his party. He got his majority based on our flawed electoral system, not because the majority of Canadians support him. But you already knew this.

How come this is only ever an argument when the C's are in power?

I really wonder if you said anything when Paul Martin won with 36.73% (2004) of the popular vote? Or how about Chretien with 38.46% (1997)?

Both of which are lower than Harper at 39.62%.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Paul Martin led a minority government.

Jean Chretien should not have had a majority with that low of a popular vote. Proportional representation would have prevented him from having a majority. That being said, Chretien was not trying to fundamentally change who we are as a people and as a country. He loved power and knew how to play the political game, yes, but his policies were actually quite helpful to a lot of Canadians. Remember, we were named the best country to live in by the UN for 6 straight years under Chretien and he left office with a budget surplus. Thems the facts, my friend.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I actually liked Chretien..

But I don't like Kyoto accord.. that's just chasing good money after bad for no reason...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Canada already has a lot of nuclear and hydro power and very little coal, so they don't need as large emission cuts as other countries. All they mainly need to do is lower dependence on oil but that can be done via better public transport and more efficient cars. And also lower dependence on natural gas which can be done through heat-pumps and more efficient homes. This stuff should be done anyway even without global warming.
edit on 14/12/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Oh my. He shoots and misses. Like 8 times in a row. I don't even like Harper's politics, and find many of his cabinet to be arrogant donkey butts. And I still think you're maybe toking up too often.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kimar

Proportional Rep is a dream for those who want people who live a 3 thousand kilometers away to control regions they know and care nothing about. No.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kimar

Harper is changing Canada no more than any other Canadian government.

If people would get through the propaganda and partisan bs they would see that we have a reasonably balanced system.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Oh my. He shoots and misses. Like 8 times in a row. I don't even like Harper's politics, and find many of his cabinet to be arrogant donkey butts. And I still think you're maybe toking up too often.

Ok, if you say so.... Let's look at a few links and their potential impact, like Codex Alimentarius and the ability of the government to "anoint" inspectors to screw you over;

Bills C36, 50, 51 and 52

Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5 Link 6 Link 7 Link8 Link 9

Bernardo and Williams

Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

All you have to do is google these to find them. So, you were saying? Or were you trolling, shilling, skimming?

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1   >>

join