It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.55am and the phone with no sim card in starts to ring!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
And what makes this a 'paranormal event'?
Just asking, don't shoot me.

edit on 12-12-2011 by snewpers because: swapped some letters.

dictionary.reference.com...

para- 1  1. a prefix appearing in loanwords from Greek, most often attached to verbs and verbal derivatives, with the meanings “at or to one side of, beside, side by side” (parabola; paragraph; parallel; paralysis), “beyond, past, by” (paradox; paragogue); by extension from these senses, this prefix came to designate objects or activities auxiliary to or derivative of that denoted by the base word (parody; paronomasia), and hence abnormal or defective (paranoia), a sense now common in modern scientific coinages (parageusia; paralexia). As an English prefix, para-1 may have any of these senses; it is also productive in the naming of occupational roles considered ancillary or subsidiary to roles requiring more training, or of a higher status, on such models as paramedical and paraprofessional: paralegal; paralibrarian; parapolice.

dictionary.reference.com...

normal   adjective 1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural. 2. serving to establish a standard.

Not certain, but I think that just about covers it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Weird event, but not sure if it's paranormal. Certainly a bit scary though. I wouldn't answer it! I mean, heck, I don't answer withheld numbers, even on my non-ghost phone.

Of course, it probably was just something silly.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I wonder why we cant take back our country? Oh wait.... our men are hiding under their covers because a phone was ringing!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

I had a similar thing happen last night...

For months now I have been getting a recorded "prank" phone call on my mobile. Same recording over and over. Nothing nasty.. Just the same recording repeating over and over. I put up with it for a couple of months. Eventually I reported the "prank" call to my service provider. Nothing was done to stop the call. (My service provider Telstra Australia is less than useless)

A month or so ago.. I was given a newer (touch control) mobile phone. So I removed the sim from my old phone and installed it into my new phone. However I kept using the old mobile phone as an alarm to wake me in the mornings.

Last night I received an incoming call on the mobile phone that doesn't have a sim installed.

It was the same recorded "prank" call..

So how does someone call me when I don't have a sim installed??

I was so shocked I took the battery out and checked to make sure I hadn't put another sim in. But the socket was empty.

So now I have to ask myself the question. Who has the capabilities of calling mobile phones that do not have their sim's installed?

The only answer I can come up with is... "The Authorities"

That will teach me to be outspoken on political affairs and how crappy society has become..

If anyone has an alternate possible solution.. I'd be happy to hear it..

ps: anyone else that has received a phone call on a mobile without a sim.. go to the trouble of making an account and informing us here.. (like I did..)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I just had the same thing happen to me. Now before I get berrated by the snarky replies that have overrun this thread, I will say that I was not high or drunk when this happend and was standing next to several other people who saw it as well.

I'm an American who was living in Thailand and bought a simple Samsung phone. Nothing smart about it... doesn't even have a camera. I bought the Thai sim card and used it regularly for 6+ months. In the past 35 days, I have been traveling outside of Thailand and removed the sim card about 2 weeks ago so that the battery didn't drain. I now use the phone regularly as a clock and alarm.

A few hours ago, my pocket started vibrating and I heard the familiar ringtone of an incoming call. I pulled out the phone and it said "unknown caller." Curious, I picked up the phone. Complete silence. I asked the usual questions: "hello, is anyone there? Hellloooo? Who is this? Is this a ghost?" I showed the phone to the people I was with and it spooked everyone out.

After a minute or so - with the cell phone counter running - I hung up the phone. Naturally, I was curious, so I tried to see the recent call log. "Please insert SIM card," it says. Same thing when I tried to hit send, which would normally call back the last number that called me. Basically, the phone won't let me do anything that resembles making or receiving a call without the sim card in it.

Yet there it was, an incoming call of silence from an unknown number. About an hour later, my phone rang again. This time I was walking down the street and didn't get to it in time. I wish I had, as I would have just left the phone on and hoped someone said something. It hasn't happened since, but this was all just within the past few hours. Again, I have no way of even seeing that there was a missed call or a received call, because the phone has no SIM.

This was not an alarm. My alarm is a completely different sound. It was an actual call, which I answered, as I'm sure did the OP.

I'm at a complete loss. I'm not a particularly superstitious man, but the believer in me would like to think that it's a long-gone relative trying to get in touch. I don't believe that it's an emergency number. I'm in Taiwan anyway, using a Thailand cell phone. Who would be trying to make an emergency call then stay silent when I pick up?

I even took a photo of the phone when the call was going.

Now I would love to hear your ideas that aren't "you were drunk" or "I can't believe you hid under the bed, what a moron."

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I had my mobile phone switched off the day after a relatives funeral,It started ringing,I freaked,answered it,it was a call I wanted,the phone switched itself off again after the call,modern technology override i am sure?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am reporting a similar incident which my 7 months old son did. I gave him a old Samsung phone charged but without any sim card to play.
I donno how he did or what he pressed, the phone was ringing and the little kid was giving me the phone.
I checked and it was showing "Incomming Call" with the number as "Unkown".
I picked it up and kept on saying hello-hello... but no reply from other side.
The screen was also showing No SIM on top of the screen. I tried to dial or do other stuff but it kept on saying Please insert SIM.

Felt strange, it happened twice.

I guess there r some hidden shortcuts in phone, but cant think how an incomming call can come on a phone without SIM Card, i am aware in some phones we can dial emmergency calls but incomming donno.....

Probably someone can explain.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hello, i post a long time after the first thread but i would like to mention that this has happened to me too in the past. I had phone in wich i received calls from an uknkown number regularly, and in diferent times during the day, where no one was speaking. In the start i had the sim in it, but after i put it out, i received cals and without it. Strange but no parnormal i guess. A mobile agent explained to me that this can happen and that there is an explanation for that, some special numbers can call you even if you do not have a sim card in the phone..
Alyhough i was freaked out in the strat when it happened, now that i see it happened to other people and that there might be an explanation for that i feel reliefed.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dooleysleftleg
This happened at my friends flat...

So, he's old enough he owns or rents his own flat... yet...

(He)... threw the phone back under the sofa and hid under his covers.

Are you serious?? He 'hid' under the covers like a child??

If what you say, he says, is true -- who wouldn't answer it?? Or investigate?

I don't think this story is true. Or at least, I don't think it was supernatural.

Ran and hid under the covers. Awesome!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hello guys, just registered on this site just to share my identical situation. At first i didn't even knew that this thing happened to my father, cause he never mentioned it, even it started 3 months ago, and is has been getting those "unknown" calls since then. Once time in a week. So about the story.. My father bought nokia 515 from some guy 2 years ago, not a new, a used phone and everything was fine. But yesterday he had a problem with a phone not showing "who sent the message" thing, and asked me to solve this problem. I didn't find any working solution, even though i had same nokia pc suite app which i used 2 years ago to transfer all the contacts to that phone and at that time it worked fine, but yesterday my pc didn't even recognize the phone. So my Father gave me other half new phone to transfer those contacts to that phone, which i had stored as backup on my pc. We took out sim card, put in new phone and suddenly that nokia515 phone started ringing without a sim card.. I was like wtf how is this possible, i picked up but there was just silence.. after 10sec i hang up and then father mentions that he keeps getting those calls for 3 months , about 1 time in a week, at evening..Strange thing he got those calls with a sim card, assuming someone just mistaking number or something, but today we both saw with out own eyes.. and it didn't had any SIM IN IT.. My father was little frightened as me. I tried to search google for answers but there weren't any.. Some #ed up # going on. Any explanations?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Was probably a tele sales operator, they just never give up!!

Seriously though, i cannot give you an explanation, that is rather strange indeed.

vvv

I answer the phone just to uck with them. I would have done the same with the Ghost Phone

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dooleysleftleg

Not personally, however I have read these things have far more spying power and ability than most people think. Thought it was a bit over the top when I read it but now ........

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join