It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.55am and the phone with no sim card in starts to ring!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by snewpers

I know that I have been led to believe that a mobile phone needs a sim card and a battery. When a piece of technology starts to operate on its own - or what you perceive to be on its own - then that tends toward the paranormal.

Well, you were led to believe incorrectly. A short-circuit could easily cause the phone to ring and also to display anything. That does not "tend toward the paranormal." Now if he'd answered it and heard the voice of his dead mother, okay. But he was too frightened to do that. Mountain out of mole hill. No cookie.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
He should power it back on and confirm it was a call and not an alarm. Even if the number is withheld it should show that he recieved a missed call. Unless it was paranormal

My phone doesnt use sim cards but I have had a similar experiance when I switched service to my new phone. My old phone began to ring and when I opened it I discovered it was a calendar reminder. Maybe thats what happened with your friends phone?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In North America...as has plagued our society...I would call this a meth moment!

Just an observation...I don't see a conspiracy...or a paranormal event!

My .02 on it!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

A few people have said the very same thing about him getting freaked out so easily, if you read a few posts previous to yours I've tried to explain this. It was the middle of the morning, he was asleep and it was pitch black. He originally thought nothing of it, putting it down to his neighbour below. He then thought it was outside his flat door which spooked him a little and finally thought it was someone else in his living room which really unnerved him. The main fact is though that his new phone with his sim card inside is on his bedside in his bedroom so he knows that no other phone in his flat should be ringing. put yourself in the same situation, I would be questioning why my switched off phone with no sim is ringing and shows a withheld number to boot and may well have thrown the bloody thing from being scared. It's a natural reaction to hide other the covers at any age if spooked to some people as they regress to childhood.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Do you know whilst I was there I never thought of confirming the missed call. Il put this matter to bed once and for all tomorrow and go round without warning and check the history. He says it was a withheld number,not an alarm, but I will try and confirm.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

Hey OP, interesting story here. I wonder if I might share a little note on it here and perhaps offer an explanation. First, let me say if I am correct in how this happened, it was the mother of all wrong numbers..and probably left someone on the other end feeling more foolish than your friend was un-nerved.

There are two aspects of modern cell phones I've read about repeatedly in non-fiction accounts of intelligence and military operations today. First is the fact that they stay powered and capable of tracking you with or without a sim card..and with or without a battery. This has been recounted several times in books on Intelligence training and work. Specifically, it's mentioned in reference to the lengths they're required to go in 'making safe' a cell phone before driving up to and onto a sensitive facility no one is supposed to know they're at for sure.

Second...Some government phones come with the capability to make calls. I don't mean normal calls..I mean make ANY call, ANYWHERE on Earth that has a cell phone service tower of ANY kind. Plan, owner and regional issues don't matter. Our own phones are capable of something very similar in "Emergency Mode" for 911 dialing..and that works fine with no plan or registration of the phone at all. I know that is true by dialing myself. The "Government Mode" is just a very enhanced "911" dialing mode, when one thinks about it.

^^ In that line of thought... Your friend may have, entirely by accident, been the one to show the reverse capability of that. That being, the ability to call INTO any phone, regardless of restriction, plan or phone status. If it can get power, it can be dialed and rung. That sort of thing. That is where I figure the caller probably turned 10 shades of red and would just as soon pretend that never happened..after realizing WHY his intended caller didn't answer the phone.

By the way... dropping the sim card will NOT prevent GPS tracking of the phone..as noted above. Exactly as the phone can be tracked by some ID number totally separate from the Sim Card data, I'll bet it can be called that way too and we just saw it proven. Just my thoughts.....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Your friend hide under the covers after that happened? How old are you guys?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great research and thoughts. I know that the technology that is offered to the general population is not the latest. I knew that the world military and government would have technology way ahead of what we have and reading your post confirms what I have been reading from time to time.

Thank you for the information.

Much Peace..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

What kind of material do you publish to be monitored? I haven't experience exactly the same again, though I do find that my computer mouse has a mind of its own.

edit on 12-12-2011 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
For those that have an interest in such things,i would suggest reading a book called the South Shields poltergist.I don't have the book to hand but google or Amazon will bring it up,About a familyand the investigators in the north of England who had some unwanted attention involving a mobile,very interesting.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hmmm...sounds like this could be another, unresolved, mobile phone related urban myth.

I point y'awl to a thread I created some days ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The OP's story would have been more compelling if the supposed phone call was being made from inside the friends house...or something.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
WOW...im amazed by 2 things... 1,This post 2,the fact no butthole has said pics or it didnt happen

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Thank you Wrabbit !!

not to many people are aware of these cell phone capabilities and don't understand that by dialing a simple numerical code in the right sequence any cell phone can be a "free" cell phone that will function on any network.

All cell phone provider will let you on to believe that the Analog frequency is no longer in use, remember we are all on 3 and 4 G networks, right!!! Remember TDMA....Yeah that protocol left behind by ALL carriers....It's still very much there and just sitting in the background waiting to be used by those that need an clear emergency channel!

I've said enough.....They are coming for me now...LMAO !!!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Right just to clear things up or muddy the waters even more, I have now been down to my friend 'andy's flat again. I asked to see the phone,which was still under the sofa,battery taken out! I put the battery back in and due to the lack of sim card I couldnt get any further into the menu's as it said sim lock on the screen,the only thing I could have possibly done is make an sos call. So that leaves 2 possibilities - he has either made the whole thing up which I dont really believe or it did recieve a call without a sim for whatever reason - technological/paranormal/malfunction????

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Perhaps the phone is posessed by the tortured soul of a casio wrist watch.

Sorry, I shouldn't make such childish jokes - he must actually be scared if the phone was still where he left it that night having taken out the battery and whatnot. I've toyed with the idea of getting rid of my phone from time to time, in fact I did so years ago when they became widely available, was the first phone I ever owned. I actually threw it faaaar, far away into a field near where I lived at the time.

I didn't miss it or care much at the time, only reason I got another one was cos some girl I met gave me her number... and I felt an overwhelming compulsion to call her - totally worth it at the time but in retrospect - wish I hadn't as she was a nutter.

They're evil (phones I mean, not women...well not all of 'em), but a necessary evil. Still, if I was scared of my phone I'd definitely throw it away.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hi, i realise this is an old thread so hoping that some-one will still see this but i have just had the same thing happen with my old phone, it was an old pay as you go phone, i had an upgrade and had a new phone so gave this one to my daughter to play with, it was charged recently but with no sim in so she could take photos with it, then about 10 mins ago it started to ring and showed "unknown" on the screen, i though did answer lol, but had no answer, the call counter also started, to confirm i was connected to who or what ever had called. I am in the uk and have read on the red cross website that all mobile phones in the uk have been blocked from making 999/112 calls due to tracing reasons, so i assume the call back from the emergency services reason goes out the window, has anybody actually come up with an answer to this.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gsc29

Hi,original OP here. Interesting you had a similar event occur to my friend. He never explained it though and nothing like it as ever happened since. Im sorry I cant be of more help. If you read through the rest of the thread there are ma few well thought out answers which could possibly explain it. I still lean towards the paranormal explanation or an in built technical issue.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Sounds like your friend was is on something - alcohol or illegal substances.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

are you sure it wasn't an alarm. I had this happen and I laughed like a mad man when I realized it was my alarm I set one day on an old phone for extra "WAKE UP"....I set it to be a phone ringing tone....that gets me alert real fast.

Probably was just that. Check the alarm on the phone and you will see it is set to the time it went off. It will go off even if it is off.

edit on 18-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Cell phones and computers with wifi can be remotely turned on via WWOL (Wireless Wake On LAN) using a magic pellet. Computers hard wired with an ethernet cable can be remotely turned on via Wake On LAN (WOL). Hardware assisted virtualization (HAV) gives "Information Technology" professionals, hackers, government, investigators and criminals complete remote control of phones and computers even when they are off. They can remotely reflash the BIOS, tamper with the OS, delete files, etc.

Intel's hardware assisted virtualization is Active Management Technology (AMT). AMT is in Intel's vPRO but computers without vPRO have AMT. AMD's hardware assisted virtualization is DASH. ARM's hardware assisted virtualization is TrustZone with Mobile and virtualization extensions.

The only new computer without HAV is with a MIPS processor. Unfortunately, MIPS will be developing HAV. The only solution is purchasing older computers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join