It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Find Two Grenades Left In Boxes On A Denver Street

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Police Find Two Grenades Left In Boxes On A Denver Street

www.foxnews.com

Two grenades were found by Denver Police bomb squad officers after a passerby noticed military-style ammunition boxes had been left on a downtown street Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
DENVER – Two grenades were found by Denver Police bomb squad officers after a passerby noticed military-style ammunition boxes had been left on a downtown street Sunday.
Police blocked off 17th Avenue after being tipped off about the boxes at around 1:30pm local time, Denver Police spokeswoman Vicki Ferrari told the Denver Post.
Bomb squad officers wearing protective suits entered the cordoned off area and disposed of the grenades, which were later found to be "inert," meaning they could not explode.
It is not known how the grenades came to be left in the open on a public street.
"As of right now this is still under investigation," Ferrari said.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Kind of scary not only cause i live in denver just the thought of this

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Oh cmon. $5 practice grenades you can buy in any surplus or military junk shop? Really? Those are for making lamps and take a number signs, and giving to the kids to play army.

Some kids gonna be pissed they took his toys while he was eating dinner.....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This will be used to justify an increase in close(d?)-circuit cameras in public areas.

Just like in the UK.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Yep, I have a few laying around as well, just conversation pieces, I collected several ammo boxes too from a stint in the military, those are quite handy. I can see where they might scare someone though, some irresponsible idiot probably lost track of them. Military buffs are always buying and selling these things at gun or collector shows. But leave it up to the "keep 'em scared out of their wits" news media to sensationalize it.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
tut.. keep telling people if your not fishing.. leave the grenades at home some poor government minion might find them and hurt themself...

edit on 12/12/11 by Expat888 because: tengu mischief..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss

Kind of scary not only cause i live in denver just the thought of this

Just the thought of this is somehow scary?

The only thing "scary" about this, is the massive over-reaction by police and scared people these days.

Sounds like some poor forgetful guy left his x-mass shopping gifts behind, possibly waiting for a bus on 17th street...

A fast search of the area reveals more than a few places that may carry such items and one in particular (about 2 miles away) that does indeed carry 3 different types of "inert grenades", as well as "old ammunition boxes":
Denver Army & Navy Surplus Store

People need to start using their brains and stop being so afraid.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the cross street was on 17th they were found?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

nah they didnt revealed that yet that i know of anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Let me know...I am curious to know if it was Market St., California, or Stout.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
This will be used to justify an increase in close(d?)-circuit cameras in public areas.

Just like in the UK.

You have no expectation of privacy in public.

Secondly, aside from classifying them as toys, there is another possibility. Sometimes, whether its a bank robbery, home burglary or act of terrorism, "toys" are left to determine how much attention it might attract. Will people ignore it, check it out, report it and if reported what units respond (police fire ems), how long does it take, in addition to how many people are in the particular area at differing time frames.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Planet teleX

I am not really sure what part of the country you live in, but FYI, they are already up EVERYWHERE. If you are talking about specifically in Denver, then you are too late. They have, and are up everywhere in Denver. Have you not noticed the top of the poles at every intersection? Next time you go for a walk in a Denver park, especially Civic Center, say cheese. They are better hidden in Denver than other cities, and made to blend in, but just look carefully, you will see them all over the place. They really aren't that hard to spot when you know what to look for. Been that way for years now.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Why is it I immediately thought propaganda? People are complaining about the invasive and unnecessary TSA searches and OWS just would not quit ...

I truly get the sense that the cabal/illuminati/whatever are getting a little obvious. This news article is so - just does not make sense at all. People do not just leave grenades in a box in a public place. If someone was going to use one - it would be with them.

This article just reeks of a set up and with very little information. Perhaps the cabal/illuminati/whatever is unsure of which way to go - or of making mistakes with so many people awake and very observant.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That's an excellent point you make. Toss some goodies out and see how long before anyone comes running.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I immediately thought "someone playing with the authorities and trying to rattle the public." My bet would be a couple of high school kids showing their buddies how they can shut down a neighborhood and make the news. A big laugh for them and anxiety for everyone else. I hope they catch them and dispense some pain, even if it is just a stiff fine and a few weeks in the slammer.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

That would be a lot simpler and healthier for the public consumption.
I sincerely hope you are right.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Amanda5

I I hope they catch them and dispense some pain, even if it is just a stiff fine and a few weeks in the slammer.

Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly, "if" they are kids, you hope they "dispense some pain" on children? Even if it is "just" a few weeks in the slammer?

Am I really reading this right? You think corporal punishment, isolation, throwing them into an extremely traumatic experience will correct the problem? Some how you think this will fix it from happening again after you traumatize these children?

Let's not look at where society went wrong, school system went wrong, or parenting went wrong, for the kids to even think this would be a funny game, but let's use severe punishment to band-aide the problem and move on to the next problem that we can band-aide that as well.

Am I seriously reading this correctly, or making "gross" assumptions and just not understanding what you really mean.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

How exactly is it "healthier for the public consumption" if we find out it is kids? Just curious what you mean.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

I started to watch a video posted within a thread on this site a few days ago - it showed a small Child being stripped searched at the airport. It actually made my skin crawl and I felt it was like watching a paedophile - I could not finish watching the clip it disturbed me so much.

Factor in I have read threads here and on other sites about the TSA and their searches - pushing their fingers inside women and treating the elderly with abject disrespect...get the picture.

Now I do not believe there is any threat from terrorism - it is a fearmongering programme planned long ago and designed by psychologists to keep the populous in fear - and that it does. Terrorism - the searches at airports - it is all about controlling the populous. When you research and dig deep enough you will find suicide bombers and assassins and even the school massacres are all connected.

So grenades get found in a box - the news article is scant with details - I sense a set up. Other posters have confirmed that dummy grenades can be purchased locally. I hope it is a couple of kids setting up a prank. If a night in the slammer and a fine is all they get they will be lucky. Children of today have a very different world to live in than their parents - kids need to be a little more creative with their pranks.

I hope this explains my thinking. We all have to wait and see how this story develops to see what happens next.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
these things are dummy 'nades, I use a few myself for airsoft, you put in a cap, pull the pin and toss it into a bunker, it make a loud bang, and the guys in the 'bunker' are dead, they go to respawn and you keep fighting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join