It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Find Two Grenades Left In Boxes On A Denver Street

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

I don't plan on visiting the US anytime soon.

If Ron Paul gets in then I might

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

When you research and dig deep enough you will find suicide bombers and assassins and even the school massacres are all connected.

Thanks that does help clear up a bit about your thinking.

As for the part I quoted, I would love to see some links if you want to point me in the right direction of things to start to look at. I haven't connected these dots at all myself, nor have I heard this theory before. No sense in going on a wild goose chase and reinventing the wheel if you already have it down pat already. Nothing major, but something to look at would be cool. You can send it to me in a PM so we don't derail the thread if that is alright.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Amanda5

I I hope they catch them and dispense some pain, even if it is just a stiff fine and a few weeks in the slammer.

Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly, "if" they are kids, you hope they "dispense some pain" on children? Even if it is "just" a few weeks in the slammer?

Am I really reading this right? You think corporal punishment, isolation, throwing them into an extremely traumatic experience will correct the problem? Some how you think this will fix it from happening again after you traumatize these children?

Let's not look at where society went wrong, school system went wrong, or parenting went wrong, for the kids to even think this would be a funny game, but let's use severe punishment to band-aide the problem and move on to the next problem that we can band-aide that as well.

Am I seriously reading this correctly, or making "gross" assumptions and just not understanding what you really mean.

I think that people should be responsible for their actions. If this was an irresponsible act, the perpetrators should realize the errors of their ways by experiencing some discomfort. "Pain" does not necessarily mean corporal punishment but some sort of consequence should result. This would be an educational experience for those involved and for those spectators who might consider a similar activity.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Coincidentally the news is reporting a grenade attack occurred in Belgium this morning. 4 people dead, up to 75 wounded.

Coincidental or dry run?

Grenade attack in Belgium

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Gotcha. So you don't see getting to the root cause of why it would happen, just take action against the perps and move on to the next case.

I also notice you selectively avoided the question the best you can on how to handle it if it was kids. So I am assuming based off your response, it would be perfectly fine to throw them in jail, and that would surely scare the next kids from doing it. That would makes sense of the overcrowding problem in the current prison system for sure. Lot's of folks learning tough lessons from watching everyone being thrown into prisons. In fact, capital punishment has had an awesome impact on the reduction of murder. Let's not fix society, just take care of those bad boys is all.

Not to mention that, and I don't believe you approve of it at all, just using it as an example, but forms of negative reinforcement to the extreme like cutting off the hands of thieves, stoning woman for adultery, have little impact on stopping people from doing it to begin with.

Something tells me that I wouldn't want a whoopin' from you if I was a child and you were the parent.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever

Gotcha. So you don't see getting to the root cause of why it would happen, just take action against the perps and move on to the next case.

I also notice you selectively avoided the question the best you can on how to handle it if it was kids. So I am assuming based off your response, it would be perfectly fine to throw them in jail, and that would surely scare the next kids from doing it. That would makes sense of the overcrowding problem in the current prison system for sure. Lot's of folks learning tough lessons from watching everyone being thrown into prisons. In fact, capital punishment has had an awesome impact on the reduction of murder. Let's not fix society, just take care of those bad boys is all.

Not to mention that, and I don't believe you approve of it at all, just using it as an example, but forms of negative reinforcement to the extreme like cutting off the hands of thieves, stoning woman for adultery, have little impact on stopping people from doing it to begin with.

Something tells me that I wouldn't want a whoopin' from you if I was a child and you were the parent.

The root cause of why it happened is that high school aged kids have many "good ideas at the time." Do not think that, when caught, they will not play every possible card to avoid consequences. Punishment means a bit of unpleasantness to drive home the point. This is just extracurricular education as a result of extracurricular activities that are not acceptable.

As a matter of fact, Sharia law is quite effective in certain cases. Thieves don't get caught stealing more than three times. People are forced to watch the punishments and it does have an effect. As part of a forced audience, I watched a thief have his right hand removed with a bone saw. It was memorable and convinced me not to steal anything in Saudi Arabia.

Unfortunately, women are property under Sharia and are often blamed for the weaknesses of the males. It is not a good societal model.
The required punishment for capital crime should be confinement in isolation with an hour outside each day, alone. This would prevent unjust executions and allow for the possibility a reprieve, should subsequent evidence prove the prisoner innocent, while giving time for reflection on the crime.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Wow you have responded with a powerful post based on - what I would call - very unpleasant realities.

Am looking forward to more news on this thread subject. If it was kids it would be cut and dried but still lend itself to the cabal/illuminati/whatever wanting to introduce more security and thus enforce the terror threat. Should it be a set up as my intuition tells me - then I hope enough people are fully awake to sense that it is a fake.

I noticed another news article about a lone gunman with an interest in guns - throwing a grenade - into a bustop. If he had an interest in guns why did he use a grenade I wonder? Lone gunman - easier to manage the information if it is a single person. Same as the grenades in the box - no connection to a person - soooooo much easier to fake the information - don't you think?

Much Peace...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join