It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Bizarre Trends That Predict an Economic Collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
With all of the various issues dealing with the global economy, I thought it would be refreshing to post this humorous article from the team over at Cracked.com. Definitely worth a read and a laugh.

A couple of buddies and I were recently out at a restaurant and noticed this phenomena taking place:

6. Waitresses Get Prettier

It's called the Hot Waitress Economic Index, and it goes like this: In our often unfair society, really attractive women are unlikely to work as waitresses, as they have an easier time finding other, better-paying jobs (we're not saying it's right, we're saying it's a statistical truth). When the economy goes belly-up, attractiveness isn't as valuable as actual skill, and attractive people get laid off just like everyone else -- so they temporarily drift back to a job that doesn't require schooling but offers great tips if you have a nice smile. When the economy picks up again, they return to higher-paying jobs.

Have you been noticing any other "bizarre trends"?
edit on 11-12-2011 by kawz1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I haven't seen any Christmas lights yet around here.

My neighborhood is pretty poor. It is not a bad neighborhood, just a lot of folks that lived here got laid off.

People in general are not spending much at flea markets - it seems strange to me but flea market business has really, really died off lately - last year or two it's been way down. I'm not talking about right now - because it is cold and all - but even back in the summer, it was just bad.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The people in thrift stores acting like vultures

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ask detriot about "trends" and "economic collapses"

poor poor detriot
i heard they got till april to find some $$ before going bankrupt

What a great city she once was! and now houses for a dollar are hard to sell! a flipping dollar!

"And what crimes are up? Dognapping, of all things. Out there in the streets right now there are people stealing other people's pets for profit, somehow. There are perfectly logical reasons for all of these trends, if you know where to look.

Read more: 7 Bizarre Trends That Predict an Economic Collapse | Cracked.com

lol . poor dogs! But remember katrina when the humans left they made pacts! and attacked humans , ate dead corpses . Game was switched on lol understandable
edit on 12-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
People not picking up their dead seems like a big red flag to me - corpses abandoned at morgues.

remember in the Grapes of Wrath how they buried Grandpa on the side of the road and put in a note that no one killed him, he just died but they didn't have any money?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
People not picking up their dead seems like a big red flag to me - corpses abandoned at morgues.

remember in the Grapes of Wrath how they buried Grandpa on the side of the road and put in a note that no one killed him, he just died but they didn't have any money?

Good one.

A buddy of mine works at the largest funeral home in the area and has noted that cremations, which are much cheaper than burials, are waaaaay up.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Holy typhoon Batman!!!

The last paragraph is unbelieveable!!!!
Infidelity up??? What are they retarded, yeah you may want to spread your seed but that's ridiculous I mean you are basically going to bring (possibly) children who are going to starve to death in this world because we don't have the money to support your little "fatherless" babies...If this is from a poll, those partners are chumps they should blow and sue for every blessed dime the cheating little turd has!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawz1
With all of the various issues dealing with the global economy, I thought it would be refreshing to post this humorous article from the team over at Cracked.com. Definitely worth a read and a laugh.

A couple of buddies and I were recently out at a restaurant and noticed this phenomena taking place:

6. Waitresses Get Prettier

It's called the Hot Waitress Economic Index, and it goes like this: In our often unfair society, really attractive women are unlikely to work as waitresses, as they have an easier time finding other, better-paying jobs (we're not saying it's right, we're saying it's a statistical truth). When the economy goes belly-up, attractiveness isn't as valuable as actual skill, and attractive people get laid off just like everyone else -- so they temporarily drift back to a job that doesn't require schooling but offers great tips if you have a nice smile. When the economy picks up again, they return to higher-paying jobs.

Have you been noticing any other "bizarre trends"?
edit on 11-12-2011 by kawz1 because: (no reason given)

as soon as i saw the headline i knew this was a cracked.com list. They have thousands of them written by folks like you and I. It is mostly done for comedic impact. While very similar to Mad Magazine, it is more coarse, using rough language freely.

Lots of interesting things to discuss on that site (i spent a couple of months reading the whole thing as much as I could find) But not much of a "news" site, unless you want mischaracterized inclusions done for the sake of filling out a full 5-8 items for their list.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've seen Mercedes and bmws at the dollar store, mine being one of them
edit on 12-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've seen couples that hate each other begin to cling to each other for dear life.

I saw my sister and her ex-husband acting like love-struck teenagers the other night.

My aunt and uncle are starting to get their act together after 15 years of love-hate.

My grandparents have all but stopped their bickering.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
watched a episode of Bones ('girl in the gator' i think) the other night and she said something along ther lines of 'Major sexualisation of women happens before the downfall of a civilisation....blah blah.... its what happened with the romans'.

my first thought was if thats true then were all pretty fricked because thats really kicked up a gear in the mainstream media in recent years e.g. is there a single female pop 'artist' out there who isnt sexualised to the point of degrading them anymore, because i cant think of any!
edit on 13-12-2011 by just1cornell0 because: hello

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Holy typhoon Batman!!!

The last paragraph is unbelieveable!!!!
Infidelity up??? What are they retarded, yeah you may want to spread your seed but that's ridiculous I mean you are basically going to bring (possibly) children who are going to starve to death in this world because we don't have the money to support your little "fatherless" babies...If this is from a poll, those partners are chumps they should blow and sue for every blessed dime the cheating little turd has!!!

It's also stupid, because especially in dire times you want to stick together. What happened to "for richer or poorer, in sickness or health"? If I lost my job, I'd want to hold on to the one person that'll stick with me through thick or thin.

top topics

join