It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know this will happen on December 24th, 2011?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If you got stellarium, I suggest you check out this date, during the daytime.
The moon will be right next to the sun the entire day. No eclipse, but it's going to very very close. It should be quite a sight to behold.
(Sorry, no pics, but it's easy to verify)

Why this is in the 2012 forum?

Well, it relates when you take into account that some say the Mayan calendar doesn't end on December 21st, 2012, but rather December 24th, 2011. I know, I know, after that whole October 28th date, I probably shouldn't be anywhere near the topic of 2012 occurring earlier than thought. However, The December 24th date was said back in the 1970s, it was said before the December 21st, 2012 date was ever said(Not 100% sure of this, but it's the earliest mention I've seen, but it was said in the 1970s).

Here's the video(s):

Regardless of whether the Mayan ends on that date, and what that entails, the moon will be right next to the sun on that date.

Thoughts on this subject?

edit on 11-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thanks, I marked the 24th on my Calender.

Will see what happens. And I will be watching.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
you listen here mister!
i'll finally be able to drink legally in jan 2012. so there is NO way in HELL the world is ending on 24th december !

you damn hippies and your world killing.... git of me lawn, buggers!

/troll
edit on 11-12-2011 by DoctorSatan because: its my wish okay? screw the reason!!!! /rage

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan
you listen here mister!
i'll finally be able to drink legally in jan 2012. so there is NO way in HELL the world is ending on 24th december !

you damn hippies and your world killing.... git of me lawn, buggers!

/troll
edit on 11-12-2011 by DoctorSatan because: its my wish okay? screw the reason!!!! /rage

lol, being 21+ is very overrated. You realize, "hey wait a minute, the government wants us drinking this poison that makes you dumber? Why am I drinking it again? It's no longer rebellious at all. oh well, i'll keep drinking it."
short version: it loses its luster when you're 21.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

The December 24, 2011 date originates in 1966 with Michael Coe's book The Maya. By 1980, when the second edition of the book was published, he had abandoned this date and by 1984, when the third edition came out, he settled on the date he continues to support to this day, December 23, 2012. As far as I know there are no researchers that support Coe's original date. Correlations, such as the GMT, simply have a lot more data backing them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
To be fair to this theory, I'm sure 12/24/11 has every bit as much chance of bringing apocalypse as 12/21/12 does (none).

Someday, the world will end and/or go through some extremely difficult tribulation. There is a negligible chance this will occur on either of these two dates, or any other predicted "doomsday" date. Even if it did happen on one of those days, it would be coincidence, because no amount of pretending to know what the Mayans or Sumerians or any other ancient civilization was talking about in their backwards, primitive star charts and mythologies has anything to do with real events in the real world.

Short version: The Mayan calendar predicts the future as well as tea leaves and magic 8-balls do.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Awesome post!
Thanks for sharing!
I will keep my eye out!

I just check that out in my iphone app for that date, and yep looks it might be an interesting spectacle!
SnF!

reply to post by DoctorSatan

haha, I'm born on the 15th of Jan.

I remember being a teenager and so pumped to turn 21, I had it all planned out!
I was going to go to __________ and go to __________ and drink the night away and have a good ole time!!!!!

When my 21st Birthday finally came around.... I had a party of three with my parents, Before work I went to their house and had Cake and Ice Cream... I then went to work and spent the night in a Kitchen.

As I was standing there doing my job, I laughed... funny how the thought of my 21st Birthday seemed so awesome and so epic... when it came around and reality was very so present... I wish I were 16 again... cos turning that 2-0 into a 21 meant nothing at all

lol

funny how life is!

If I could have changed that night... I wouldnt lol
Cos it was more rewarding working a job than being a drunken heathen lol

edit on 12/12/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing
according to stellarium

24th 12 2011 at 12 midday for my location in Australia, so that should give you what 10 or so hours advanced notice. lol

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well I'll wait and get my kids Xmas presents late on the 24th if nothing happens then.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
They (ancient cultures) all were fascinated with the stars, and there is evidence to show an influence that was almost obsessed with accuracy and precision, from the stone work to the precise latitude and longitude the ancient pyramids were located upon. The mention of numerous Gods from the stars all point to one direction, and although with our technology we assume that it is impossible, we have yet to break out into the field of truly advanced technology that can warp time and space itself, and in that respect, we still have a lot to learn, and a lot can happen if they plan on any form of return or reminder of whom exactly was the foundation for our modern world, astrological, numerical, and language systems.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I just checked on stellarium the date....and Yes it looks interesting for sure!

Thanks for heads up

I don't think it will be the end of the world though

edit on 12-12-2011 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You should first educate yourself a tiny bit on the matter,before starting a topic. Dec 24th 2011 was the intitial sketchy calculation, the secodn draft of the book,that both these dec 24th 2011 docs are based, had a second draft in 1980 and by then it was corrected to jan 11th 2013...later on,in the 3rd draft,it was more precisely pinned and re-calculated to dec 23 2012. You are unaware that you are obviously working with outdated documentaries. The authors have said back in the 80s that dec 24 2011 is incorrect,its dec 2012.
edit on 12/12/2011 by Valeri because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Because the Moon will be so close to the Sun it will not be visible. It's dark side will be facing Earth.
It's called a new Moon and it happens every month. Pretty basic astronomy.
edit on 12/12/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"Here Phage comes to save the daaaaay"

Good work as usual.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Whatever the date this 'event' may occur, I just want to check that you realise that the Moon isn't really, actually next to the Sun. It just looks as though it is.

Please tell me that you did understand that.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Seriously?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Because the Moon will be so close to the Sun it will not be visible. It's dark side will be facing Earth.

It's usually not as close as it is on the 24th this month.

this time, it looks like it will be close enough to block out some of the sun's light. That doesn't happen every month.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valeri

You should first educate yourself a tiny bit on the matter,before starting a topic. Dec 24th 2011 was the intitial sketchy calculation, the secodn draft of the book,that both these dec 24th 2011 docs are based, had a second draft in 1980 and by then it was corrected to jan 11th 2013...later on,in the 3rd draft,it was more precisely pinned and re-calculated to dec 23 2012. You are unaware that you are obviously working with outdated documentaries. The authors have said back in the 80s that dec 24 2011 is incorrect,its dec 2012.
edit on 12/12/2011 by Valeri because: (no reason given)

This thread really isn't about the videos. Just a little extra tidbit I added, and also to justify why it's in this forum. On a side note, isn't it possible someone paid them to change their story? I know that question is pretty speculative. Don't pull out the pitchforks cause of it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

and doesnt the moon and sun swap paths summer and winter????? where did I read that????

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

As I stated in my post, the modern correlations are based off of a lot more information than Coe used for his original correlation. While I'm not entirely familiar with Coe's initial correlation, I do know that what sets that GMT and GMT+2 apart from earlier correlations is that they look at multiple aspects of Mesoamerican culture and belief. Coe's initial correlation was based entirely on astronomical references made in a single inscription, I believe. While I'm not sure this is the case most of the early correlations were centered around trying to find a date for this single astronomical event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join