It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know this will happen on December 24th, 2011?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

It's usually not as close as it is on the 24th this month. this time, it looks like it will be close enough to block out some of the sun's light. That doesn't happen every month.

It is often closer. The plane of the Moon's orbit around Earth differs from the plane of the ecliptic (the path of the Sun) by a maximum of about 5º in either direction. This month, this year, on the new Moon, the Moon will be about 2º from the ecliptic. Last month it was closer, 1º. Did you notice?

No, it will not block out any of the Sun's light. That would be a partial eclipse. There will be no partial eclipse and the Moon will not be visible.
edit on 12/13/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's usually not as close as it is on the 24th this month. this time, it looks like it will be close enough to block out some of the sun's light. That doesn't happen every month.

This month, this year, on the new Moon, the Moon will be about 2º from the ecliptic. Last month it was closer, 1º. Did you notice?

I already looked at last months, and all this year. Last month it was NOT closer, nor anytime this year. I don't know where you're getting that from.
I used stellarium,

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You could be right, for your location. It depends on where you are.

Still, no partial eclipse (anywhere on Earth). The Moon will not be visible.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Marking it on my calender

Hopefully something will happen because I'm getting tired of all the 2012 threads.
Should serve something right..

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
OK, so where's my big KABOOM! I was expecting an earth-shattering KABOOM! Or at least a global zombie apocalypse. Or a Great Featherd Serpent God decending from somewhere. Oh well. Maybe 21st Dec 2012...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Nothing happened! Boo! Maybe next year. Let's see.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join