It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Jews call themselves Jews?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well, why do they? There is an entire race built on their destruction.(well, not the race, just the area called Middle East) There are entire countries that have vowed to kill every last Jew. People have entire conspiracy's from JFK to taxes being raised on Jews. I know this is a break off from Why do wiccans call themselves witches? But think about it, being a Jew today is like being a Witch in the dark ages when the church ruled. You are just asking to be persecuted. If something bad happens, it gets blamed on the Jews. People actually think and tell others that 9/11 was done by the Jews. Or in the Middle East, a terrorist kills six Jews, a-ok with the world. Then Israel kills a terrorist leader and the world is ready to bomb them. How much rage came when the Jews killed that terrorist leader in the wheelchair? People acted like the Jews went out to an old folks home and mowed them down with an uzi when all they did was kill a "god" of the terrorists. Wasn't he the creator of Hamas or something?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
A few years ago we tried to change our name from Jews to Oprahs because everybody loves Oprah but we were subsequently sued by Viacom, Harpo Productions, Oprah Winfrey and King World entertainment.

Oddly enough by an Oprahn I mean Jewish attorney.

In secret meetings we've narrowed it down to the following choices:

1) The Jewstice League
2) SJEW-1
3) Jewintology
4) The Confabulous Congregation of Reverned Jewtopolis

But seriously Jew's call themselves Jews because changing the name wouldn't change the perception. Instead of hearing The Jews Killed Jesus you'd hear "Insert Name" killed Jesus, you know when they were called jews.

Why change the name, it wouldn't change anything.

Just my opinion of course.

Spiderjew

[edit on 9/8/2004 by Spiderj]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"The Jewstice League..." Catchy!

(In Superfriends announcer voice)

Meanwhile....back at the Hall of Jewstice, Sharon and Bush examine the latest misdeeds of the evil Arafat.....

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Meanwhile....back at the Hall of Jewstice, Sharon and Bush examine the latest misdeeds of the evil Arafat.....

That's funny!
Nice one Gazrok. I forgot about the cheesy VO from the Super Friends.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, why do they? There is an entire race built on their destruction.(well, not the race, just the area called Middle East) There are entire countries that have vowed to kill every last Jew. People have entire conspiracy's from JFK to taxes being raised on Jews. I know this is a break off from Why do wiccans call themselves witches? But think about it, being a Jew today is like being a Witch in the dark ages when the church ruled. You are just asking to be persecuted. If something bad happens, it gets blamed on the Jews. People actually think and tell others that 9/11 was done by the Jews. Or in the Middle East, a terrorist kills six Jews, a-ok with the world. Then Israel kills a terrorist leader and the world is ready to bomb them. How much rage came when the Jews killed that terrorist leader in the wheelchair? People acted like the Jews went out to an old folks home and mowed them down with an uzi when all they did was kill a "god" of the terrorists. Wasn't he the creator of Hamas or something?

Hi to all Your opinion is wrong.
Iwill pape to you now : CORAN --sourate 4:156 -- Iam not religious! OK??
SORY IN FRENCH---Iam not jew ,not arab !!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S. 4:156 "Ils disent: Nous avons mis � mort le MESSIE, J�sus fils de

Marie, l'apotre de DIEU. Non, ils ne l'ont point tu�, ils ne l'ont point

crucifi�; un homme qui lui ressemblait fut mis � sa place, et ceux qui

disputaient l�-dessu ont �t� eux-m�m� dans la doute. Ils ne le savaient

pas de science certaine, ils ne le savaient que d'opinion. Ils ne l'ont

point tu� r�ellement. DIEU l'a �lev� � LUI, et DIEU est puissant et sage.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, true, the dumbasses will stay say the jews killed Jesus, not realizing Jesus was a jew.

But hey, if one tries to change the name, can start getting away from the things that get them killed. Look at the Protestants. Didn't they break away from the church? That way when everyone talks about the millions killed in the dark ages the Protestants could go. "Well, not us, it was them!"

Also, have heard of Jews not getting jobs because they were Jewish. Or how christian groups to them what they do to other none christians. Come to your door, "Turn away from satan and into the light of christ" and crap like that.

And Chapo, wtf? This is an English board, England, Australia, Canada, America, so forth. That is french? Damn cheese eating surrender monkeys.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well, true, the dumbasses will stay say the jews killed Jesus, not realizing Jesus was a jew.

Well...if no one killed Jesus, there would not be Christianity today...An all knowing god would of known everything before hand.....it's like people saying Judas was a traitor
he was obviously chosen to carry out the work, that was meant to be from the beginning.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There are different views as to the origin of the English language word Jew. The most common view is that the Middle English word Jew is from the Old French giu, earlier juieu, from the Latin iudeus from the Greek.

Classical Rabbinic literature has a tradition which traces the word Jew to Genesis 29:35

Also some traced the word Jew is from Jewry, from the Greek evrei meaning Hebrew, which some speculate comes from the ancient Egyptian hiberu or habiru, which meant stranger.

For more information this link should help.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thank you Marg. Well, LadyV, that is a great point. If god knows/plans everything out, how could Judas be a traitor? Well, he wasn't, in a book the chruch banned it tells you that Judas was sent by jesus to get the guards so Jesus could turn himself in. The silver was payment, a cop gets paid, and this was before cops. But that is a whole other topic.

But still, in many places saying you are a Jew will get you killed. Or if you say so at work, fired. You can't marry outside of the religon for nobody likes a Jew to be marrying their little girl. Or to their son who shouldn't be mating with an inferior human. It is sad I know, but the truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

-Also, have heard of Jews not getting jobs because they were Jewish. Or how christian groups to them what they do to other none christians. Come to your door, "Turn away from satan and into the light of christ" and crap like that.

-in many places saying you are a Jew will get you killed.

you should be put in an institution for your own safety. such circumstances do not exist except in your mind

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Ashlar]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for the benefit of those who dont speak french, this is a verse (sura) from the koran which describes the islamic belief that jesus was not truely crucified but one that looks like him took his place. i dont understand why the poster posted it in this thread however.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

But still, in many places saying you are a Jew will get you killed.

So will saying you're an american or black or gay. Changing the name will never change the fact.

And don't protestants have a different belief system than the traditional Church? Like Lutherians or Presbytarians(sp)? Isn't that why they split?
Spiderj

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good point, james! Very good thread you've got here. although the thing about Wiccans and witches is already explained.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Are we all so biblically and historically illiterate? Israel contains 12 tribes, split by GOD in the desert after the passover from egyptian slavery. There was 2 tribes that held the power for lack of a better word. Levite tribe was Moses' brother Arron(sp?) and his sons, the PRIESTS of Israel. The other is the tribe of JUDAH, the King tribe. Actually this is important information for the coming of the Messiah, he was foretold to be King of Kings (JUDAH) and High Priest of Priests (LEVITE). Jesus's mother Mary was 1/2 Levite and 1/2 Judah therefore uniting the king and priest tribes through her to Jesus the Messiah.

Really people you should know this stuff.......

[edit on 9/7/2004 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

And Chapo, wtf? This is an English board, England, Australia, Canada, America, so forth. That is french? Damn cheese eating surrender monkeys.

HEY little boy you keep for you fath.....wtf thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravo MARG6043 How do you know : evrei=jews

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar

Originally posted by chapo

for the benefit of those who dont speak french, this is a verse (sura) from the koran which describes the islamic belief that jesus was not truely crucified but one that looks like him took his place. i dont understand why

the poster posted it in this thread however.

Because you the Anglosaxons you mixed the egs all the TIME??!!!!

Religion is 1 hi-STORY is 2

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ashlar, how old are you? You seem to be able to state confidently that signs on doors of companies and country clubs stating "Jews and Blacks need not apply" didn't exist. Perhaps you were around in those dark days of American history. If you are 90 and remember these things firsthand, my apologies to you. You also would know at that advanced age though about the common practice of employers to tell new workers that if they needed to take off Friday night and Saturday for the Sabbath that they would be fired. Right?

No one's saying that such things happen publicly now because there are laws against that. However, it still does go on in certain industries privately (I can use NYC's own Transit Authority as an example) and historically it did happen quite publicly for many years.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
True Djarums, it is not done, PUBLICLY, anymore. But guess what? In a close community where people know eachother well, a christian with no college degree and a jew with one, who gets the job?

Also, did you forget about the "good" christians that go door to door to try and convert you if you are evil. I mean jewish, hindu, buddist, Wiccan, so forth? I not once ever had a Rabbi or a bunch of Jews come to my door telling me I was worshiping satan and should convert.

Why is it so bad to be Jewish? I sure as hell wouldn't be a jew. If someone asked, lie. "I am a good christian, thank you for letting me keep my job."

And Djarums, in the past they didn't have signs, I think. I thought it was just "known" that you had to be a white heterosexual republican christian male. No signs needed to keep anyone else out.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

True Djarums, it is not done, PUBLICLY, anymore. But guess what? In a close community where people know eachother well, a christian with no college degree and a jew with one, who gets the job?

Also, did you forget about the "good" christians that go door to door to try and convert you if you are evil. I mean jewish, hindu, buddist, Wiccan, so forth? I not once ever had a Rabbi or a bunch of Jews come to my door telling me I was worshiping satan and should convert.

Why is it so bad to be Jewish? I sure as hell wouldn't be a jew. If someone asked, lie. "I am a good christian, thank you for letting me keep my job."

And Djarums, in the past they didn't have signs, I think. I thought it was just "known" that you had to be a white heterosexual republican christian male. No signs needed to keep anyone else out.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

what the heck are you talking about, what planet do you come from? planet judeamoron.

In any field in america, you will be FAVORED if you are a jew. try becoming a psychiatrist in san fransico without being a jew and you will not be hired.

i suspect james has either:

(a) just escaped nazi imprisonment
(b) been completely brainwashed like half the lemmings in america

you need to wake up mate, perhaps there was a time where jews were disregarded in a FEW fields of employment, but times have changed and jews are seated at the top levels of every company in america. they have flowrished in every field they are involved in, to the point of having reached the top of every industry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join