It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Cult Involved In Ghost Tours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
We all know what ghost tours are. You pay and travel around to supposedly haunted locations. I did just that some time ago and must say the experience was far stranger than I had expected. I did not expect to encounter any ghosts and other otherwordly phenomena, not because I don't believe they exist but because the scheme is usually simple: be a smooth talker and get people to pay for your ghostly carnivals. Tell them beforehand how scared they're going to be, throw a story or two before getting to the designated location, etc.. we all know the drill.

What was definitely interesting about this particular tour, and I am deliberately withholding the details apart from saying it's in the U.S., that it all seemed as if everything had been staged, including the fellow ''experiencers''. You see, not only did it resemble a hysterical cult, there were strange rituals in Latin going on, and the tour operators behaved as if in trance.. now, you might say that's part of the shtick, but there's a difference between enjoying the tour and experiencing some sort of mesmerizing effect. The people on the tour were all behaving the same way, chanting along with guides.

A strange experience to say the least, and even if they're just playing, then why the heck was I the only one who did not seem to ''play along'' and just stared at that seemingly normal festival of bizarro

Anyone experienced something similar?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Probably you aren't as into it as other people that go on them and the other people were really into ghosts.
No different than people falling when a preacher smacks them on the head. So in a sense, I guess you are right, but I'd say rather than being staged you just got in a group with a bunch of ghost hunting housewives.
edit on 11-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

No different then people falling when a preacher smacks them on the head.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Probably you aren't as into it as other people that go on them and the other people were really into ghosts.
No different then people falling when a preacher smacks them on the head. So in a sense, I guess you are right, but I'd say rather than being staged you just got in a group with a bunch of ghost hunting housewives.

Probably, especially when one asked the ghost to speak to her, she said she would pay the ghost for actually doing that

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Well.. that's completely insane.
Although.. I would pay that same ghost twice as much if it spoke to her like Craig T. Nelson.

edit on 11-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well, maybe, maybe not. But it looks like you got your money's worth after all, eh?

It would make a decent premise for a horror film I think. Maybe a student film in Savannah. Perfect setting. Go SCAD!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I say try it agian and see if the same thing happens or if its the same people and then you will kno

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wow, we'll I actually have pictures somewhere of a tour I went on in Savannah a couple years back.

There was this room that was cordoned off, in the lower section of the house (basement presumably). The doors to the cordoned off room, had a glass window above.. I wasn't suspecting anything at the time, but was just curious, so I had my camera and decided to blindly snap a few pictures through that raised window, and went on about the tour... Later that night, when uploading the pics onto my laptop in our hotel room, I found what I believe was sort of a 'seance room', in those few pictures that I managed to snap, on my tippy-toes...

There were melted-down candles laid around this cordoned off room, with broken stained-glass all over the place, chalk or flour spread around the floor in circles and triangles... It was very strange.

I'll have to find the pictures and post them..... In the meantime, let me figure out the name of that house we had went on the tour of.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The Sorrel Weed House, is the name of the location we toured.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
I say try it agian and see if the same thing happens or if its the same people and then you will kno

Good point

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Red Alert!

This is clearly an employee of the ghost tour who is trying to lure you back to:

- join the cult, or
- pay money to do the tour again
- Probably both.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

you know to keep an idiot in suspense? promise him pics and dont deliver! c'mon, make with the pics already

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
WE've done the ghost tours out at Gettysburg. They are kinda fun. But the thing is the ghosts don't like the tours or something. While on them we've snapped pictures and nothing has come out. But when we go back at 2 or 3 in the morning and take pictures on our own ... we get orbs and tons of fun stuff.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I could only find one picture unfortunately.. And it isn't even my own.

(The folder where I had saved the pictures from the trip, also contained more pictures of myself and an ex of mine... So more than likely, I probably deleted the entire damn thing, to just forget about the woman.... lol, just my luck)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Hey i'm curious about the bone looking things on the string. Any idea what it is?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Some sort of pagan ritualistic idol, or perhaps keepsake, I really have no clue!?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Ah, okay, interesting. Thanks for the reply mate

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

My pleasure sir! I'd try googling it, if you were super interested in finding out what the hell that was for... Lol

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinquain

Red Alert!

This is clearly an employee of the ghost tour who is trying to lure you back to:

- join the cult, or
- pay money to do the tour again
- Probably both.

nice try my friend but unfortunatly you are wrong this time. 1. I am not an occultist 2. I dont even know where this tour was or what tour the OP is talking about so how could I be trying to lure them back????

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

A strange experience to say the least, and even if they're just playing, then why the heck was I the only one who did not seem to ''play along'' and just stared at that seemingly normal festival of bizarro

hmmm, you went on a ghost tour and were not expecting "bizarro"?

top topics

join