It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reminder For the Ones Who Believe In Christ and God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I Have No Issues what so ever expressing that Jesus Christ is my SAVOIR, because he is. But for whatever reason, and im inclined to believe its because of this season, i tend to lose site of what that REALLY means. I dont have family to spend the holidays with or talk with about old times or confide to and its always hard around this holiday..thanksgiving, christmas all the holidays really and you just get stuck in a rut. An emotional rollercoaster..ranging from feeling alone to being broke and not being able to supply your family with not only things that they want but things that they need, like food for example. When your world and the world around you is collasping what do you do? I remind you the question is what do you do and not what should you do? The reality of that answer is sad. We Shut down our hearts. We tend to "cope" with our strife and try as hard as we can to ignore others strife. Not because we are cold human beings but because coping with our pain is heart wrenching enough without seeing it in other people. Heart break isnt an emotion we like to feel.

But Ponder this. What if we should enbrace that emotion, the heartbreak. I believe our hearts should break for people. Break for each other. I once had a heart of stone, i knew no emotion other then anger and i was out to destroy anything that had a tinge of love to it, until one night my friends nephew at the tender innocent age of 3 walked into my room crawled into my lap looked me dead in my eyes put his hand on my cheak and told me he loved me. I bawled for days and days. I thought how is it that this innocent 3 year old could love a monster like me. That was the start of the ice chipping from my heart.

Ladies and Gentlemen I make no prophecy about the end of the world what i do feel is that it is near..And I just make a plea that our hearts are open whenever that day comes. dont leave with regrets. And whether you do or do not have faith Someone Really Really loves you!!!! The Following Video I have seen many times over. Again i watched it today to remind myself that HE really loves me. Im sure many of you have seen this video. If so, Do yourself a favor and watch it again. It helped me today maybe it will help you. GOD BLESS.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

Much love to you, brother.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Beautiful story, thank you for that. Ps you are doing a good job sharing with us on ATS...happy holidays.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

lol *sister, and thank you very much. Glad to do it. Happy holidays to you as well

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I do not wish to judge you or your situation for i don't have the right to or the ability to do so. Your beliefs seem to be working really well for you, i always say that if you can function in society and help it advance while doing as little no harm as possible then it does not matter what you belief. All i can do is make an observation of your situation from my point of view and hope is welcomed.

The same way a child creates an imaginary friend to not feel alone i feel that sometimes people turn to religious entities to do the same weather its the case with your no one can say, i am no one to claim that God exists or does not exist, personally i believe in God just not the one from a religious text. After all love is just a word (Symbol) that does not really mean anything, we tend to throw that word around too much without really understanding its implications.

What do you mean when you say love, what is love to you?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I love you OP. Remember, you're never truly alone.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Your belief in a supernatural entity had nothing to do with your experience.

God and jesus have no physical influence on your life or events in it whatsoever.

Your belief in these non existant forces is what caused the turnaround in your life. If it helps you to think that and if it made you improve yourself fine. It was all you. There is no 'Him' or Jesus. It's all fairy stories used for centuries as a control system for the church.No omnipotent benevolent super being governs your or anyone elses destiny. To still cling to this rubbish knowing full well how scientifically improbable makes it seem like an emotional crutch to help those who cannot solve their own problems and need some invisible being to magically make it all get better. Most religious folk know deep down inside that it's all hooey. They just cant admit it to themselves.

'All religion is childish superstition.' - Albert Einstein

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CesarO
After all love is just a word (Symbol) that does not really mean anything, we tend to throw that word around too much without really understanding its implications.

Love isn't just a word. It means a lot.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

After all love is just a word (Symbol) that does not really mean anything, we tend to throw that word around too much without really understanding its implications.

Love isn't just a word. It means a lot.

To you it may mean a lot, but to someone who has never had it or has been deprived of its useless/harmful and meaningless. In the end it is just a word. Show me love (literally) in the end the word love is just a symbol, that has many meanings to many different people, what exactly do you believe love is?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

$%^& off. I can't wait until God gets rid of people like you.
I'm not Christian.
But I believe there's a God and I believe in Love.

>$%^& off. I can't wait until God gets rid of people like you.
>But I believe there's a God and I believe in Love.
>until God gets rid of people like you
>God Love
>rid

If god really loves us then he loves our imperfections, love is acceptance of all aspects of something and embracing them, therefore god loves murderers rapist sinners and every single person, why cant you?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

I LOVE your question lol pun intended. To answer your question though Love to me is an emotion it is a feeling. And your right people throw around that word like it means nothing and it doesnt unless you feel the sensation of love. love being the feeling of light heartedness, joy, happily giving and recieving without concern for yourself. Love to me is a feeling of selflessness. My explanation is probably confusing and i may have not even answered it but love is powerful and intense positive selfless emotions. I really dont know how to describe it. But thats how i feel about it. whats your take?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by concerned24
reply to post by CesarO

I LOVE your question lol pun intended. To answer your question though Love to me is an emotion it is a feeling. And your right people throw around that word like it means nothing and it doesnt unless you feel the sensation of love. love being the feeling of light heartedness, joy, happily giving and recieving without concern for yourself. Love to me is a feeling of selflessness. My explanation is probably confusing and i may have not even answered it but love is powerful and intense positive selfless emotions. I really dont know how to describe it. But thats how i feel about it. whats your take?

I agree with you, i think the problem is we are using one word for a feeling that takes on so many forms in many different cases, i agree completely with you everything you said to me its part of love i believe is profound knowledgeable acceptance and connection of you and everything around in the universe, from a grain of sand to a galaxy, but i'm not sure it can get as complicated or as simple as you want it to be in your head.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Cesar is right. God does love ALL the broken people. THE POINT here is to show love to everyone..to people you may disagree with to people who have hurt you, abandonded you, made you angry. Its not impossible. Casting stones on one another just because you have a different take on things is wrong. ALL TO THEIR OWN OPINION. You love hard and when you find yourself struggling to do that then love HARDER. you cant fight negative with a negative. Forgive stand strong in who you are and project the postive!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I do not wish to judge you or your situation for i don't have the right to or the ability to do so. Your beliefs seem to be working really well for you, i always say that if you can function in society and help it advance while doing as little no harm as possible then it does not matter what you belief. All i can do is make an observation of your situation from my point of view and hope is welcomed.

The same way a child creates an imaginary friend to not feel alone i feel that sometimes people turn to religious entities to do the same weather its the case with your no one can say, i am no one to claim that God exists or does not exist, personally i believe in God just not the one from a religious text. After all love is just a word (Symbol) that does not really mean anything, we tend to throw that word around too much without really understanding its implications.

What do you mean when you say love, what is love to you?

Let me help you define love. In every situation that life presents us we often feel that we have many choices. I tell you that there are only two choices to every situation, to love and not to love. Believing that you have any other choices is just fooling yourself. There is no in-between and the right answer is always love.

Next time you have the opportunity to choose, and yes you always have the opportunity to choose, choose love. If you make a conscious effort to choose love each time then you choose to do the will of your father. This is what Emanuel, God with us, taught.

So when you feel anything negative towards another, stop, listen to your heart and follow it. You will always feel better and those around you will also feel better. This is not as hard as it sounds but it is a choice that you have to make.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Thank you

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Star and flag. Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I feel torn because i do agree with you but at the same time i believe one needs to be a balance individual acting always nice even if is not what you are feeling will just come back to bite you because you are not accepting your god given emotions and you are simply forcing yourself to act the way you think others would expect/want you to.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
Your belief in a supernatural entity had nothing to do with your experience.

God and jesus have no physical influence on your life or events in it whatsoever.

Your belief in these non existant forces is what caused the turnaround in your life. If it helps you to think that and if it made you improve yourself fine. It was all you. There is no 'Him' or Jesus. It's all fairy stories used for centuries as a control system for the church.No omnipotent benevolent super being governs your or anyone elses destiny. To still cling to this rubbish knowing full well how scientifically improbable makes it seem like an emotional crutch to help those who cannot solve their own problems and need some invisible being to magically make it all get better. Most religious folk know deep down inside that it's all hooey. They just cant admit it to themselves.

'All religion is childish superstition.' - Albert Einstein

Keep telling yourself that, no really. Obviously you haven't been chosen to bear witness but that is ok. There are millions more who will do what you cannot and be glad to do it in your stead.

Haters gonna hate.

As to the OP, well said bro. Youre correct our hearts should break for others. I've had my share of sorrow. That path of Christ's believers is not an easy road to walk. We face ridicule and persecution everyday by scoffers and even though sometimes is wears on us we must not let them steal our joy and love for our King. He is our King not theirs, they have every reason to love him and instead they'd rather hate him. There is no greater sadness than the rejection of he who gave his life to free you of sin. We are the watchers brother, we watch and wait. Stay vigilant, the time is close. We've passed the first year of the great tribulation. Six more to go!
edit on 11-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join