It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 yr old builds nanno particle that kills cancer stem cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
rys2sense.com...

Simply amazing how quickly we are progressing in this field at this rate we will soon have armies of Nanobots doing maintenance on us

Her creation is being heralded as a “Swiss army knife of cancer treatment.” Zhang managed to develop a nanoparticle that can be delivered to the site of a tumor through the drug salinomycin.

The possibillities are becoming endless especially if used in conjunction with this downloading into the brain technology disscussed in this link below
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I believe her and her research poof disappear in....3.....2.....1

but on a serious note this is a great break through I can only hope that it helps lots of people

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
nano*

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Yeah... "downloading" information into the brain and nanotechnology in the hands of psychopathic maniacs (TPTB)... what could possibly go wrong?! Im so excited about the common mans future!

edit on 12/10/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Forgive me for my skepticism but your source seems to be another "conspiracy" website. I didn't notice a reputable source referenced for this information on that site but it's not unlike me to miss something like that.

Do you have any more sources?

Edit: After doing some of my own searching I found this.....

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 11-12-2011 by OZtracized because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
rys2sense.com...

Simply amazing how quickly we are progressing in this field at this rate we will soon have armies of Nanobots doing maintenance on us

I wouldn't hold your breath. The inventor herself says that it will take 25 years before the idea could be used with patients - there is an awful lot of research to be done to see if it will even work.

The idea is still years away from being used in patients, however. Zhang says it could take 25 years between clinical trials and other steps before her research is helping patients.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Pretty cool... Leaps and bounds in the regenerative field...

As far as the person who discovered it goes, I didnt realize Wesley Crusher was still around - /end sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nano nano hope it works.
Didn't know we had such a sophisticated handle on the cancer structures.
We usually poison the cancer and us too until we survive and the cancer dead.
Glad to hear of a new approach.
In the mean time eat healthy to avoid cancer.
Can't go into that now but we catch on eventually.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Whoo! That's amazing! Glad to see that there are smart teenagers in today's society after all
. I strongly dislike the idea of a person using nano particle armies like you said though.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yep, 25 yrs sounds about right..

...after the soft kill cancer has reduced the population.

Whomsoever is left on Earth will breath a sigh of relief.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The beauty of youth is that you are not boxed in by prexisting limitations you are free to innovate. Many professors and Dr's so set in their ways can't imagine anything outside of their understanding.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Cancers too much a big business for this to go anywhere! Elites and Pharmaceutical companies are making trillions on the peoples illnesses. Love the idea an all but, never gonna happen. They won't let it happen

top topics

join