It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans continue on their quest to destroy everything the U.S. stands for.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Whatever and if you consider paying 6% into social security for 60 years before you ever see a dime of that money and then your employer matching it at another 6% and then receive more than you ever pay into yeah its free

Then Medicare is automatically deducted from that to cover that "Free care" and receive substandard care for the rest of their lives.

Yep free housing aint what its cracked up to be no government program is it is a guaranteed lifetime vow of poverty.

Which brings up the point iras.savings, and 401s and private healthcare people have a better standard of living but hey all that free substandard crap is more important all stolen off the sweat of a few so the masses can have their "free crap".

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Dilligaf28

it clearly states the purpose of the government to protect the rights of the people

Let me seee. Yup I see freedom of speech ther in the Constitution. Right to keep and bear arms, yup. Search-and-siezure. Religion. Self-incrimination...

I don't see anything in there about a right tohealthcare or a BMW or food or housing or anything else you bleeping liberals seem to think is a 'right'.

It sounds like you need to actualle READ the Constitution. Perhaps accompanied by a reading of the Federalist Papers.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by tvtexan

the republicans in this era, are completely and wholly owned by the bankers.

First let me say that I am not a Republican. I refuse to buy into the garbage that either side of the isle is spewing these days. I am pretty conservative on some issues, and very liberal on other. I just wanted to say that the statement that I quoted above is simply ignorant. Obama is certainly not what I would call a Republican and he is as owned by Wall Street bankers as any President has been. His cabinet is crawling with banker cockroaches.

Link
Link

Until we as Americans can learn to see past Red & Blue and take a look at the people we are voting for nothing will get any better in this country. The fact is Government as a whole, not just one side of it, is owner by big business, and bankers, and if we as people keep falling for the partisan BS that we are spoon fed then it always will be.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbarnhart

it clearly states the purpose of the government to protect the rights of the people

Let me seee. Yup I see freedom of speech ther in the Constitution. Right to keep and bear arms, yup. Search-and-siezure. Religion. Self-incrimination...

I don't see anything in there about a right tohealthcare or a BMW or food or housing or anything else you bleeping liberals seem to think is a 'right'.

It sounds like you need to actualle READ the Constitution. Perhaps accompanied by a reading of the Federalist Papers.

So getting your biology tended to by a doctor is the same as a BMW a?

You bleeping conservatives are fairly sick and elitist, the human race would be much
better off with out you guys sadly enough...

A doctor is a luxury, in America!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
I am rather curious as to where in the constitution the "rights of workers" are mentioned? I thought the Constitution limited the Federal Government to the powers inscribed in it. Since nothing about "workers rights" are mentioned in the Constitution why does the Federal Government have anything about "workers rights" within it? Thats a state's rights issue.

Republicans want the Government to exist as outlined within the Constitution. I didn't think that wanting a government that conformed to the expectations of the Founders was a bad thing?

That was a very intelligent answer!!! If the populus wanted that to be part of the constitution or the Bill of Rights then they should vote it in. Until then, Its not a protected right...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

All one has to do is research.

Republicans = higher taxes on the middle class, lower taxes on corporations and those who own them, more military spending and higher deficit spending............war, war and more war to fund the corporations that profit from war.

Democrats = lower taxes on the middle class, higher taxes on corporations and those who own them, less military spending and lower deficit spending.

BUT................as of recently, it appears BOTh parties are beginning to dance to the same exact puppet master.

Who knows for sure?????

Any insider whistle blowers want to comment?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
As usual the US Attorney General isn't doing his job. The US attorney General can act to protect consumer rights. This is just a case of the Obama administration trying to make the Republicans look bad. I live in New York State, our attorney general Eric Schneiderman is in the process of putting together some kind of legal action against the big banks. Our attorney general fights for consumer rights on a regular basis. So in a sense the Obama administration is just trying to waste more money for something that the states do already. The federal government wastes a lot of money, it's time it came to an end. If Obama can't see that, then he's some kind of idiot and should be voted out of office.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Democrat or Republican are both left of center. Center and right of center is where Dems and Repubs were in the 60's . American citizens don't have a chance. The Republicans don't get what they expect even when the vote for the most right wing candidate. Democrats are used by the Liberals as sheep to the slaughter. When we get a candidate that looks promising they can't be elected because all the Democrats and Republicans listen to the MSM and just say, "I don't want to vote for them because I don't want to waste my vote." Americans have the government that they deserve, nothing less. They voted these criminals into office after all.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbarnhart

It also says the government should provide for the welfare of its citizens. Maybe you should read and cite the entire Constitution and not just the parts you agree with. Maybe you should read the Federalist papers AND the anti-federalist papers...

edit on 11-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Ghost375

Whatever and if you consider paying 6% into social security for 60 years before you ever see a dime of that money and then your employer matching it at another 6% and then receive more than you ever pay into yeah its free

Inflation, need I say more?
Need I must. With compounded interest the worker actually loses money.

to your other three points:
So non-government programs are better? So what? No one is forcing anyone to be on the government run programs.

lol, your post half agrees with me.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by tvtexan

While the democrats have their problems, the republicans in this era, are completely and wholly owned by the bankers.

Please check Who were the biggest donors to the Obama campaign and get back to me.

Both sides have been bought by the banks and corporate interests. They have also been bought by the Israeli lobby. (Yes even your prized Democrats put another country first)

Surprised to see someone caught in this WWF wrestling match especially on this site.
edit on 11-12-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Democrats continue on their quest to protect everything the U.S. stands for.

We all know that we will never see that post title here or anywhere else.

you fell for their trick.blame one look the other way.

Quick!!!
behind you!
that jet!
(made you look(lol))

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
All you can do is laugh when politically motivated idiots like this post something biased against one party.

Let me explain something to you dummy...............For the last 30 years no party has held a super-majority in the house or senate ( except a short 35 days when Dems for Obama Care on the American People).......in other words...........almost no law or bill has passed in the last 30 years that BOTH parties didn't vote to pass..............got it??

Furthermore.........It is not the Federal Governments job to regulate labor..........it is the states job.................ever hear of a right to work state? Bet you don't even know what that means.............It means if a person comes along and wants to do your job for less of a wage then they pay you, you are fired...........there are 22 right to work states in the USA right now...............seems to me the Federal Government isn't "protecting" anyone as it is.
edit on 11-12-2011 by EndGovtCorruption because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The want to abolish the Department of Labor that protects the rights of workers

Have you ever tried to file a complaint with the Department of Labor? I know in all six States that I have lived in the Department of Labor has no teeth whatsoever. A complaint in Washington shows up for prospective new employers and a recording tells you so and in couched language informs you that you are better off giving up than pursuing a complaint. It says the the Department has no power to make the employer pay what you are owed. This sounds more like the Better Business Bureau than a Department of Labor we should worry about losing.

Actually the Constitution was to ensure small Government and I for one am happy to see it shrunk as I refuse to enjoy the Government teat even though I qualify for it. Wasn't raised that way. And in truth workers rights in this country have all but vanished, and they have been doing so for a very long time.

When I was younger anyone with even a crappy job would have a little money left over at the end of the month, and everyone was getting 40 hours a week, unless you wanted part time. You could look forward to retirement, you had medical insurance for cheap, more holidays, vacation and sick time, and you worked for the actual company instead of contract of personnel company. Almost all of these are lost to most of us now. I find myself wondering what you are worried about losing? The right to expect your employers to not set you on fire during the course of the day? Not sure if you've thought this through.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

reply to post by tvtexan

It is republicans blocking the nomination of a department to protect consumers, not the democrats.

That is just another line of BS to continue to pull in the rubes.

While the democrats have their problems, the republicans in this era, are completely and wholly owned by the bankers.

That's exactly what we need, another governmental department.

Create more government, That will fill the problem!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

so, you're against new wars, right?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yes, and the part in the Constitution "promote the general welfare" seems to be particular
relevent to the current situation. May I add that that is the welfare, liberty, and tranquility of ALL
Americans. Not just the select few who enjoy the economic status of the 1 percent minority.
Why all the greed? What the hell is going on? Who the hell needs hundreds of millions and billions?
Where has the Duty to Country gone? Disgraceful and pathetic really. S&F

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Wow I dont think ive heard anything so moronic in quite a while. Have you seen who's on Obama's staff? Almost entirely Wall Street big cats. Most people in all government are corrupt right now, democrat and republican. The only thing that will fix the US is Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Clearly, most people don't even know that corporations were all but banned by the founding fathers. They understood that rich powerful men and corporations would corrupt any government. That is why the our founders limited the size and scope of a corporation. And the most important thing ...

corporation would only be formed that benefit the "public good"

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join