It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans continue on their quest to destroy everything the U.S. stands for.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is a blatant effort to undermine the U.S. government, in complete ignorance of the U.S. constitution. It is clear that the republicans in congress are doing everything in their power to prevent the U.S. government from doing what it is supposed to do, and that is protect the rights of U.S. citizens.

The Purpose of the U.S. Government, from the Declaration of Independence

www.archives.gov...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Per the US Constitution

www.archives.gov...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Ah, but republicans want to shrink our government to the size where they can drown it in the bath water. They don't want the government to do its job of protecting out liberties. The want to abolish the Department of Labor that protects the rights of workers, and now that there has been a Department of Consumer Protection Bureau, republicans do everything in their power to prevent the agency from protecting the rights of consumers.

thinkprogress.org...

Senate Republicans today filibustered the nomination of former Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray to be the first director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. For months, the GOP has been insisting that it would not confirm any director for the Bureau until the Bureau’s structure is changed so as to weaken it significantly.

-

Senate Republicans have been raking in millions in donations from Wall Street banks as they’ve continued to block Cordray’s confirmation. In the meantime, the only agency meant explicitly to protect consumers from financial industry excess — and which already has extraordinary restraints placed upon it — isn’t allowed to get off the ground. (And, at the end of the day, doesn’t Hatch know that it’s the Congressional Budget Office that’s actually god on Capitol Hill?)

In the next year, a vote for a republican is a vote for International Corporate Bankers to control the U.S, and the world, where the U.S. people are expected to pay the cost of keeping the ICBers in power. How much more of our country and our economy must be destroyed before people wake up the the fact the the ICBs are out to destroy the U.S.A. They use our military to advance corporate interests around the globe, while refusing to protect our own borders. That people continue to support these crooks is beyond me.

The republicans are doing everything they can to turn control of the U.S. over to the ICBs.

When will people wake up to this reality?

+34 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I can't wait to vote obama out that's all imma say..

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Good luck with that, if Gingrich is the best the repubs can do, then you got about a 0% chance.

The republicans in congress have the lowest rating in congressional history.

The Republicans have no morality, not a shred of decency among their entire congressional representation.

Why anyone wants our country to belong to the ICBs is beyond me.

edit on 10-12-2011 by poet1b because: typo

+66 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is so much wrong with this.
First, "Republicans" doesn't mean anything. Ron Paul is a Republican. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.
SO, you are generalizing.
Your reference is clearly LEFTIST. That means they further the left/right bull# of false smokescreen obfuscation.
Government today is absolutely corrupt, run by extremely wealthy and extremely immoral individuals. If there were any justice in the world, our "leaders" would be guillotined.
And perhaps, they will be.
An intelligent site like this deserves better, OP.

+51 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So you think that it's just the Republicans that are desroying this country?

Come on man, you must be kidding.

Do you even live in the United States?

The entire congress is bought and paid for, every last one!

One eyed FAIL

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

It is republicans blocking the nomination of a department to protect consumers, not the democrats.

That is just another line of BS to continue to pull in the rubes.

While the democrats have their problems, the republicans in this era, are completely and wholly owned by the bankers.

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am rather curious as to where in the constitution the "rights of workers" are mentioned? I thought the Constitution limited the Federal Government to the powers inscribed in it. Since nothing about "workers rights" are mentioned in the Constitution why does the Federal Government have anything about "workers rights" within it? Thats a state's rights issue.

Republicans want the Government to exist as outlined within the Constitution. I didn't think that wanting a government that conformed to the expectations of the Founders was a bad thing?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ya, it's nice, the Republicans and many of their foot soldiers chant about free
markets, yet they constantly destroy just enough regulation to make quasi criminal
loophole's. Or how about the notion that the banks get to regulate the public with their
policy? How many of you are regulated by banks???

Like everything modern conservative, wealthy first, money first, profit first.

All the Republicans want to do, has to do with helping the powerful 1st
and that is exactly why the powerful are richer and more powerful than ever.
It is cause and effect, if you don't think there is a problem with that fine.
But arguing the connect between the Republican motives and the outcomes
is just dishonest.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Although I agree with part of your post, again, REPUBLICANS as a definition, does not define anything.
It is the person that wears the label. Watch their actions. When you generalize, there will always be multiple examples of Republicans (in this case) proving you wrong.
Discard the label.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In reference to:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union

I'm sorry, I could be wrong here but I don't think our fore fathers were talking about the SEIU.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
I am rather curious as to where in the constitution the "rights of workers" are mentioned? I thought the Constitution limited the Federal Government to the powers inscribed in it. Since nothing about "workers rights" are mentioned in the Constitution why does the Federal Government have anything about "workers rights" within it? Thats a state's rights issue.

Republicans want the Government to exist as outlined within the Constitution. I didn't think that wanting a government that conformed to the expectations of the Founders was a bad thing?

I wonder where the constitution said that the government is supposed to step back and let the
populace be enslaved and tyrannized by private collectives and international interests?

edit on 10-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What are you saying, workers are not people?

Read my quotes in from the constitution, it clearly states the purpose of the government to protect the rights of the people, and workers and consumers are people.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Workers = "We the people" = "the governed".

Or does being a worker somehow exclude one from those classes?

And since there are far more worker-citizens than corporate ones, our interests should and must come before theirs.

I can't break it down any simpler than that.

The current Republican party bears zero resemblance to Lincoln's, and would never, ever allow him to be nominated today, so bringing that up is a red herring, irrelevant to the point.

In my view most of the Congress are traitors, but the Republicans are the most blatant and egregious ones.

It's time to hang them all, both parties alike, along with most of Wall Street..

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Workers = "We the people" = "the governed".

Or does being a worker somehow exclude one from those classes?

Apparently if you are not a boss, you should not get representation.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Gotta wonder, after the last decade of corporate fraud run amuck, that people can ignore that the republicans, voting in block to stop laws to protect consumers from corporate fraud.

At this point, it takes a great deal of ignorance to pretend that there is no difference between the two parties, or that the republicans care whatsoever about the rights of the individual.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

S&F for the OP. Maybe we should have taken Michelle Bachman up on her desire to survey congress for members "with anti-american views." Probably would have eliminated the GOP entirely.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

But the Constitution concerns the relationship between individuals and their government. The way a corporation treats an employee is not in any way related to the Constitution. Rather than try to force it to do so perhaps the if you are unhappy at your job you should seek new employment before twisting the Constitution into a pretzel.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I can't wait to vote obama out that's all imma say..

So, you would have preferred to have this guy as you president instead of Obama? (Mc Cain, not Rand Paul)
youtu.be...

S&F for you OP!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Obama will be a two-term president, try and get used to the idea to lessen the blow

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yeah, I would never vote Obama out just to spite my face, my well being, and my children's well being. I'm 21, and I don't even have children. I don't plan to until I'm in my early or mid thirties. I'm thinking that far ahead. Obama may slowly lower us into a sink hole, but the Republican will let it freefall. I've been studying politics, foreign policy, and conspiracy on a more intricate level than most in my short time here...and I'm telling you, the puppet has power. The puppet has enough cultural and societal influence to make a war with Iran ok. Obama won't do that, the Republican will.

Be careful. The next leader will be manipulated by Israel, the Zionists, and the Rothchilds into supporting an Israeli strike upon Iranian nuclear facilities.

Be careful. I'd rather take the slow burn and be able to fight for humanity in the future than take the full blast and lose all hope for freedom and universal liberty forever.

Be careful. That is all. Choose the devil you know rather than the devil you don't know. That's all I have to say. Take it as you will.
edit on 10-12-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join