It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anyone want to be the next president of the USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
OK I am not going to be it, I am not even an American citizen.
Although that seems to be not that big of a problem any more nowadays.

But if I could, would I want it? Very sure: NOOOOO

The economy is in shambles.
Debt is sky-high.
50 million Americans on food-stamps.
Inflation is to be sky high any time now.
Serious job loss to other country's.
Serious brain drain to other country's.
Trust in the dollar is totally gone in the rest of the world. They are active searching for alternatives.
The "policing of the world" is not appreciated by the rest of the world.
Starting a war is one thing, stopping it is difficult.
The military industrial complex has a strong grip on politics.
Monsanto and the FDA have a strong grip on food and medicine, not to your benefit.
It seams that health care does not work properly.
Americans seem to get used to False flag operations, and afterwards go in denial.
A lot of county's and city's have not enough money to do what the have to do. Lay off's of public servants like fireman and police..
A lot of reports about environmental disasters, be it chemical ( like fracking) or nuclear.
An infrastructure, like roads, bridges , electricity grid and sewer system that needs repair or total overhaul.
A life expectancy for the population that is lowering.
A lot of very obese people, due to wrong food.
An education system with a big gap in it. The "Have not's" go to a public school, the "Haves"go to private education.
Students that can never pay off their debt's.

This is only a small part of the problems that a new President has to face.

Please tell me, how is it possible there are still people around that candidate for the Presidency.
If you could, would you be the next president, and why?
What would be the most important issues you wanted to change first?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Maybe that's why no one of quality ever runs?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Maybe that's why no one of quality ever runs?

That could very well be the reason.
Most politicians would normally be considered as strange self centred maniacs.
Because of the fact that we elected them to power we usually refuse to admit that, because admitting that would be admitting our own mistake of putting them in power in the first place.
So usually we keep defending them.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Id still take the spot... I'm sure I would HAVE to be able to do ANYTHING better than is being done now... Why take the most direct and quickest rout to destruction, especially if you know it's comming either way? I cant imagine that we would be quick to rush to our own demise.

So yeah, I'll take the reigns. I'm sure I could do no worse. Hell, I might even be able to figure it our with my simple mind, more so than these educated lawyers that run our country. That would be something.

"How did you fix the national debt?"

"ummm I stopped making new nukes and removed all government related saleries. If you want to do for the country, you will do so the correct way... at no cost to people what so ever..."

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good question!

Let me ask another one.

When was the last time a president actually ran the country?

The last (single) person to run this country and it's decisions was Dick Cheney (and he started the corporate takeover of our country). Bush was just his puppet.

As for Obama, I don't know, seems the only things that get passed are the ones that take a little freedom from us, but he has tried to do some good, but any time he tries to do anything, he is stopped in his tracks by republicans who just want to see him fail.

Do I trust Obama's intentions? No, I have trust issues with any political figure, but I also see that any success he could ever have is being blocked by republicans for the simple fact that they wish to see him fail.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Id still take the spot... I'm sure I would HAVE to be able to do ANYTHING better than is being done now... Why take the most direct and quickest rout to destruction, especially if you know it's comming either way? I cant imagine that we would be quick to rush to our own demise.

So yeah, I'll take the reigns. I'm sure I could do no worse. Hell, I might even be able to figure it our with my simple mind, more so than these educated lawyers that run our country. That would be something.

"ummm I stopped making new nukes and removed all government related saleries. If you want to do for the country, you will do so the correct way... at no cost to people what so ever..."

At least you have the guts to try.
I do not see how stopping the production of new nukes could really help financially.
Then you wrote: " removed all government related saleries".
Who will pay their bills for housing food etc.?
Just volunteers?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I think you are right about Dick Cheney and Bush.

I also think you are right about Obama.

Obviously you do not want to be the next President.

Maybe you have some useful tips for the next President, If he ( or she) wants to improve things all help would be welcome I think.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The best thing any politician can and should do, whether president or any other office is......

Ask the people they represent. (but don't just ask, DO!)

(sure not everyone has the same views, but if the issue is big enough, why not give the people a vote?, hell why not give the people a chance to vote on all issues concerning our laws and legislation?)

edit on 10-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

What would that extra waiting accomplice?

The rest of your post I understand and I do agree in principle.
The tools are in place, most people have internet at home or can use it elsewhere.
The problem with referenda is that the outcome con be highly influenced by the way the questions are asked.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia
reply to post by tw0330

What would that extra waiting accomplice?

The rest of your post I understand and I do agree in principle.
The tools are in place, most people have internet at home or can use it elsewhere.
The problem with referenda is that the outcome con be highly influenced by the way the questions are asked.

The "wait for it...." was a joke.

As in, it should be common sense that the politicians ask and do what the people which they represent want.

I edited it out. sorry for the confusion.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by tw0330

Great point, but that is why there are people like us that can educate the public.

The alternative is that we could just let our politicians vote for things, most of which they have no clue what they are actually voting for, and risk the chance that they really only care about their own agenda's not who they represent.

...... oh crap sorry the alternative is how they do it now. lol
edit on 10-12-2011 by tw0330 because: misspelling

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

That was really funny!

I hope you Americans will be able to work out your problems.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
These quotes can be tied together IMHO.

The economy is in shambles.
50 million Americans on food-stamps.

An infrastructure, like roads, bridges , electricity grid and sewer system that needs repair or total overhaul.

Many apparently want Government hand outs. [If able bodied] I say put them to work repairing and overhauling those roads, bridges and sewer systems. There is no shame in Earning a wage or Food stamps.

Inflation is to be sky high any time now.
Serious job loss to other country's.
Serious brain drain to other country's.
Trust in the dollar is totally gone in the rest of the world. They are active searching for alternatives.

With the Combination of the US being a large importer of foreign made goods and the falling purchasing power of the dollar this shouldn't surprise anybody. [Buy American] There is no Shame in nor is it Politically incorrect to support your Country's Domestic job market, economy and manufacturing.

Also, many American Corporations have outsourced both Blue and White collar jobs outside the US in search of higher profits. Meanwhile, if the Dollar keeps dropping in value then it will actually be cheaper to do business again here in the States.

The Dropping Dollar is a Catch 22.

The "policing of the world" is not appreciated by the rest of the world.

Well maybe if the Rest of the World [EU and Asia] would get up off their collective asses and give us a hand we wouldn't be the only ones out there [Policing the World]

Starting a war is one thing, stopping it is difficult.

Iraq war is over. [Which we should never have invaded IMO] We are pulling out. It's done, stick a fork in it. Afghanistan is in play with Pakistan. [The New Great Game?]

The military industrial complex has a strong grip on politics.

True and is unfortunate but it also pushes and advances [Real High Technology] which we "the consumer" unfortunately wont appreciate for several years if not decades down the road.

Monsanto and the FDA have a strong grip on food and medicine, not to your benefit.

Monsanto only does business in the US?
Personally I think Monsantos is Evil.

It seams that health care does not work properly.

There is the RUB
The US has the best medical care [if you can afford it]
Not everybody can afford it.

Americans seem to get used to False flag operations, and afterwards go in denial.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of support here at ATS for that argument when one considers the type of Site ATS is.

A lot of county's and city's have not enough money to do what the have to do. Lay off's of public servants like fireman and police..

If people think they are paying high taxes now just wait until they have to pay even higher taxes when they start all these proposed Gimmie Gimmie Social Programs.

A lot of reports about environmental disasters, be it chemical ( like fracking) or nuclear.

Every country that is marketing their natural resources have these types of issues. Compared to some of our competitors we are not nearly as bad. When considering all the Environmental regulations and Government Red tape it's a wonder how they are able to operate in the first place [Which employs people] and are still able to make a profit.

A life expectancy for the population that is lowering.
A lot of very obese people, due to wrong food.

Agreed. Too many people are making poor personal choices as per their diet which contributes to the lowering of the life expectancy rate, coupled with a large influx of immigrants from third world countries with known poor nutritional dietary histories etc. Which later impacts on their life expectancy thrown into the mix.

An education system with a big gap in it. The "Have not's" go to a public school, the "Haves"go to private education.
Students that can never pay off their debt's.

Growing up my family was closer to the "Have Not's" yet, They sacrificed for us Kids so as to provide us with a better education. There is no Shame in going the extra mile for something you desire for either yourself or loved ones.

Something earned IMO is something appreciated.

Start by proposing Solutions and not just dwelling on the problems.

How does one eat an Elephant?

One small bite at a time

edit on 10-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I OFTEN WONDER THAT MYSELF.

Its crazy. It could only be that said person wants to be "In Power, history,and control".

Just look a Micheal Bachman, Sara Palin, these two women are $ loaded$. Its just that they have a hunger for
control like a drug addict to pain pills or a shark in a feeding frenzzey...tunnel vision to ultimate control!!!

Some are pure sociopathic, drooling for a chance to be in charge of humanity.

I think "the People", should seek out the "Jack Ryan'' (see Tom Clancy's-Jack Ryan) that's out there somewhere..

and stay clear the current "lot" that's running for office.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Start by proposing Solutions and not just dwelling on the problems.

How does one eat an Elephant?

One small bite at a time

edit on 10-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your to the point and clear reaction.
BTW I really like your way of thinking about a solution

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Yes a real fresh start might be the best idea.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Douglas Adams

I really couldn't put it any plainer.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

At least you have the guts to try.
I do not see how stopping the production of new nukes could really help financially.
Then you wrote: " removed all government related saleries".
Who will pay their bills for housing food etc.?
Just volunteers?

The new nukes comment was an example way of saying.. Lets get rid of all of the spending on stupid stuff. Stuff that we constantly pump money into for research.. Who the hell wants to know more about barn owls than we already know? Ive seen what we spend money on, and I can only laugh to myself... If I tried to laugh out loud, Id be afraid that I wouldnt be able to stop, because the buck definatly doesnt stop there.

Still, we are supposed to be "refreshing" our nukes because the old parts dont work very well and they wouldnt be effective. Not to mention, alot of the tech died out with those guys that built them. I dont remember the amount of money we were spending towards referbishing these, but it was crazy high.

Government related saleries... yes! I dont mean at the DMV. I mean politicians who run the country, not the people who charge you an arm and a leg to get your registration renewed.. Though, I would not charge people for manditory services! That's stupid. You HAVE to have this plate, but we're going to charge you 100 for 2 years for it, them we're still going to make you pay for a license, and we'll KILL you on every single fee that we can come up with, so NEVER get caught being late on your insurance payments or your fees owed to the DMV.

Still... I do mean Senate, Govenors, Prez, every single political intity. Why? Because they are there to keep the country right... Not there to cheat, steal, and rape it clean when they think no one is looking. Most of those guys dont need a dime of that money, most of them are already making tons more than what a salery could ever pay them on side deals, and unlawful under the table deals... which these guys do quite well!

So, ifyou wish to get rid of the temptation... That's how you do it. You want to fix the country? Fix it... But you wont get paid for it. You're an american, you stood up for this ability, paying you for it would counter productive... If you're taking a stance to be elected to stand over others and sway the powers around you, and if your purpose is to fix the country and it's problems... taking money from the country in order to fix the country for your great ideas is just counter productive. That's kinda like a cure for cancer.. It's a cure!!! But you'll have to pay with your life's savings... Does that make it sound any better? Or maybe shed more light on the concept.

If they dont already have millions, hell, put them up in a free house and free car as long as they're in the seat. When elected out.... Make room for the new guy with new ideas that wants to fix the country and become a real hero.

If you offer the hungry a poboy, you're doing them a service.

If you ask for money in the end... what service did you REALLY provide? You're not running a busness, you're running a country.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Normally, If you pay to little, especial with people in places of great power, they immediately will start a great corruption scheme. Look at all the developing counties.

The idea is nice BTW, but you really need to find honest and nice people.
edit on 10/12/11 by Pokoia because: language mistake

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

When I say, easier said than done, it's definatly an understatement!

Manditory Polygraph? every 3 months.

Though, I dunno how much corruption not obtaining 60K will be. That's pocket change to what they make on the side or in their own companies. Though, again, I do see your point. There are a few "new guys" to the system that get in there and use that as their only job. That also sounds like a great idea... No outside interests. Make it illegal for any official to be a part of any business while in office and up to 10 years after office. Or put a stipulation where the business cannot take in more than X amount of money per employee to limit the possibility of scandal. These are wild ideas I know, but all I have in pocket atm. I say the system itself should be radicaly changed.

Ya know what's really messed up? When I think about all of this, and just how overwhelming this is, and we're just talking about one simple thing like the presidency... I begin to realise just how much is corrupted and just how much it would take to make a scratch... that I loose all will to fight any longer, which leaves me like much of the world.. just another couch protestor.

Are we too far gone yet?

new topics

top topics

join