It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage over plans for Korean buildings identical to burning Twin Towers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
As soon as I saw the picture I immediately thought of the twin towers with the planes exploding through the buildings. I find it hard to believe that they did this intentionally to cause upset more like they were just blinded by their wish to create a innovative structure that if you put 911 to one side is actually very interesting and beautiful.

This does not appear to be a sick joke. Architects have designed a pair of apartment towers in South Korea that are unbelievably reminiscent of the 9/11 attacks on New York's World Trade Centre.
These incredible pictures show how Dutch architecture firm MVRDV somehow managed to design the eerie 260-metre and 300-metre towers next to each other, connected by a ‘pixelated cloud’.
And in a good contender for quote of the year, a company statement insists they did not ‘see the resemblance during the design process’ for the buildings - due to be completed in Seoul in 2015.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... g7f5dHxb

edit on 10-12-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This was posted already, but nice new pics the other post didn't include.

link   
hahahha dude that just a building nothing like the twin towers, these are much better looking imo, just cos there tall dont mean their copying

link   
reply to post by tarifa37

That has the be one of the best designs I have ever seen!
I wonder how much a room on the middle part would cost?

Personally I dont think it looks anything like the twin towers, but what does it matter if they do?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
probably in relation to a picture like this,

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I can think of a few better things to be outraged over.

Interesting architecture doesn't even register on the mild annoyance scale.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yeah they are really identical to them...

One of the more beautiful building designs i've seen in a while.

Americans, don't you amaze yourself sometimes with this kind of stupidity?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThetaNuRucka

Yes that is the picture they are talking about. Hope you don't mind I have used it in my opening post Cheers

I like the idea that the pods give the occupiers a "house in the sky" type of experience with almost 360 views.Makes a change from windows to just one side of the apartment.Mind you the pods that are underneath will struggle to get any direct sunshine into them and will probably be in the shade most of the year.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

isnt mimicry the highest form of flattery

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The USA isn't the center of the universe. Who cares if they did resemble the twin towers? (which I don't think they do) AT ALL.

I think its a cool building design, creative and futuristic looking.

We need more art in the world.
edit on 12/10/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I think the towers are awesome!

I believe there is no resemblance to the WTC tragedy. There is always someone that is so jealous of someone else’s work (architectures and designers) that they will say or do anything to make them look bad.
Really, these people need to get a life.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti

That has the be one of the best designs I have ever seen!
I wonder how much a room on the middle part would cost?

Personally I dont think it looks anything like the twin towers, but what does it matter if they do?

S&F OP, although I don't agree with the issue that they are supposedly based ont he twin towers, it is a beautiful piece of architecture.

ThrowCats, I agree with you completely, I think that it would be a blast to live in one of the edge apartments in the middle region of the building.

It really is one building with two foundations.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It'd be a bit windy on those gardens that high up! You would need to be tethered to the building to mow the lawn! Let the cat out and fit it with an automatic parachute in case the wind got up and voom, away goes Puss on an adventure and a half.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
At first glance I did see sort of a resemblance (probable cause the idea was already planted)

But after seeing that above view with the lawns and trees I think it's one of the most beautiful architectural designs I've seen in a while. Hopefully it can actually be constructed at some point

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I have to say.. I love it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

Semper

top topics

join