It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this bright light at Fukushima a work light? Never noticed before.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I usually check out the Fukushima cam a couple of times a day, and there is an area which has always had some "glow".....to the far right of the shot. This morning, there is a VERY bright light which flunctuates, and I recorded it to show you. I know it's probably a work light, but it is SO bright....and it dies down, then gets super bright and larger....just thought I'd put it here for inspection
Maybe I have been on ATS too long, but the first thing I thought was gamma rays? (Not saying that's what it is) Has anyone seen this there before? I know they use spot lights, and I've seen them....but not like this. Just recorded this about 20 minutes ago....Check it out on large screen....here's the link to the live cam if you want to watch it live (still there) www.webcamgalore.com...

edit on 12/9/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Greetings:

Aha!

A fellow detective!

(We had a house in Petal for the year after Katrina working Disaster Relief. Go Saints!)

We would like to extend the invitation to join us on any of our signature threads - we think you will feel right at home.

A great place to start is here: Japan declares a ‘nuclear emergency‘ after quake where the many lights and other anomalies are the food for thought.

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Any idea what that is? I know they use work lights which are bright as I've seen them, but not like this one.....
ETA Who Dat!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It looks like they could be wielding something,

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
More then likely a light running off of a Generator, if you have ever run lights off a Generator you know that it will fluctuate and the light with brighten and dim with surges from the Generator. Just what i have seen happen myself is all.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks....I thought maybe welding too.....just never saw it that big and bright. I haven't heard of anything happening there. Would Gamma rays be visible?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Thanks....I thought maybe welding too.....just never saw it that big and bright. I haven't heard of anything happening there. Would Gamma rays be visible?
You can't see gamma rays. What you can see is that tiny little sliver in the middle of this graphic, which isn't much.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e306d5264f4c.jpg[/atsimg]
And Gamma Rays are far outside that visible spectrum. However cherenkov radiation can be seen when you look into a nuclear core, because it converts the energy of nuclear by-products into visible light as seen in the following video:

Nuclear Reactor Pulse

And I'm pretty sure it's not welding in the OP video. Is it an hour long time frame compressed into a minute and a half? The time index suggests that. Anyway the flickering in the beginning eventually stops and it's very steady for most of the middle of the video, then it flickers at the end again. That's nothing like welding.

The one possibility already mentioned is a generator powered light where the generator output has periodic instability or other loads on the generator are being turned on and off... that could make a light connected to the generator flicker like that.

Another possibility is, since the light is too saturated on the image sensor to see the what the actual light source looks like, the flickering could be caused by something between the light and the camera moving around. Depending on the topography it could be anything from a stray dog moving around to a loose piece of plastic fluttering in the sea breeze. That would also be consistent with what is seen if the dog wandered away then returned back to the area of the light again later.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Is it an hour long time frame compressed into a minute and a half?

No, I just saw it on the "live" cam and recorded it for a minute and a half....I kept checking back, and it was the same at night. During the day, it just looks "foggy" in that area. Thankyou so much for the info, I really appreciate it!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well....it seems like it's more than just welding.....I knew it was different because I check there a lot and have never seen it that way before.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I came across this video from april 2011 at Sakurajima from March 2011.....it looks very much like the lights at Fukushima....could it be earthquake lights? I'm not dooming, just curious as to what it is. Any ideas?

edit on 12/14/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
i really don't think it is a form of welding. the light from a welding arc is blue, usually giving off lots of smoke, and a larger range of fluctuations.

i used to weld on a power plant, and that doesn't look like welding.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Thanks for posting....It has me intrigued...I am going to post a video very shortly, which shows the area as the sun comes up....there is a purple glow and purple blobs of light seen clearly on the video once the light goes OUT....strange looking . Be back with it soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here is the 2 videos which show the light as if disappears at sunrise....the second video shows once the sun comes up, the bluish purple blobs where the light was, and the same color hue in the sky above. Could be nothing, but I don't think so.

Be sure to watch full screen....right before the light goes out at the end, the light gets VERY bright

Now, look where the light WAS and see what I mean about the colors

I'm going to go there at sunrise again today to see if the same thing happens.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i believe i read somewhere that they were using a bright light to obscure what they were actually doing there. this might be that light.

reactor 4 is the biggest problem now. it was something to do with the wall collapsing. the light is probably being used to conceal what they're actually doing.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I watched both videos full screen on my 1920x1200 pixel monitor.

Too bad the resolution of the camera is too low to see the light source after it blinks out.

I didn't really see much in the way of color after the light went out, maybe just a hair. Anytime you aim a camera into the sun you are liable to get some odd lens flare effects, and in this video they were muffled somewhat by the clouds the sun was trying to shine through.

Here are a couple of photos showing a purplish reflection of the sun, this one in the lower left:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd71feac4884.jpg[/atsimg]

And these are in the lower right. There's more than one due to multiple lens elements and surfaces:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d19aab4accf3.jpg[/atsimg]
Kind of purplish in the first and bluish-purplish in the second, right? That's probably what you're seeing in the video though to be honest I'm not seeing it all that well, at least not as clearly as in those photos.

What would help is if we could find some more recent high-resolution aerial photos like these:

Fukushima Aerial photos

Then we might be able to find the source of the light. We could try to find it in those photos but they were taken in March and for all we know, that light may not have been in place in March, right?

edit on 14-12-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Fukushima Aerial photos
I'm pretty sure I figured out the approximate location of the camera. I drew a yellow circle around the location, and drew some lines with the edges of the field of view, and an arrow pointing in the center of the direction the camera is looking at. The camera could actually be mounted higher up on that building to the left of the circle I drew, but it's in that area and you'd get the same view horizontally.

I'm not as sure about the light source, but I see a likely candidate. There's a parking lot in the direction of the light, so I think it's most likely a parking lot light. The flickering may be caused by activity in the parking lot.

The topography is a little tricky. Both the camera and the parking lot are at a higher elevation than most of the surrounding area, so take that into account when you look at this.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Ahhhh....that very well could be. It really didn't show up well on the recording. I'll keep comparing what I see day to day.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Here's a better view of the parking lot from a different angle:

It's the parking lot in front of the building at the top. I think that building at the top is just beyond the right edge of the camera's view.

Seeing how elevated that top building is? That's probably where they should have put the backup generators...they might have survived the tsunami. That building obviously took some damage but it wasn't destroyed.

Instead, they located the generators at the lower elevation where the tsunami wiped them out.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

When was that pic taken...do you know? Just wondering because of smoke and all...thanks for the visuals...I think it could be what we are seeing...but I'm still not sure.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
When was that pic taken...do you know? Just wondering because of smoke and all...thanks for the visuals...I think it could be what we are seeing...but I'm still not sure.

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
What would help is if we could find some more recent high-resolution aerial photos like these:

Fukushima Aerial photos

Then we might be able to find the source of the light. We could try to find it in those photos but they were taken in March and for all we know, that light may not have been in place in March, right?

I wrote that before I did my analysis, assuming that the camera could be seeing a work light set up to help illuminate repair and remediation work. But now I think it's probably a parking lot light.

It would still be nice to have some more recent photos like those, but in a quick search, I didn't find any more recent.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<<   2 >>

join