It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe NATO, US drone lost control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This sounds like another cover story for what really happen, you be the judge...

Nato said at the weekend that an unarmed reconnaissance aircraft had been flying a mission over western Afghanistan late last week when its operators lost control of it.

Pentagon officials have said they are concerned about Iran possibly acquiring information about the technology.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 8-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: forgot ot add source doh!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
This sounds like another cover story for what really happen, you be the judge...

Nato said at the weekend that an unarmed reconnaissance aircraft had been flying a mission over western Afghanistan late last week when its operators lost control of it.

Pentagon officials have said they are concerned about Iran possibly acquiring information about the technology.

The drone does not look damaged at all according to the pictures being released. Consider the "facts" being released.
-The drone was flying in western Afghanistan according to the US
-Iran said after the incident protection of their country is not limited to the borders
-The plane clearly was not shot down

I do believe the drone was electronically hijacked while being flown NEAR the Iranian border. Iran probably does not have the capacity/technology to do this which makes me wonder if either China or Russia has a hand in this.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I think the US/NATO are lying. They got caught red handed flying a drone over Iran and they managed to shoot it down. The Americans are playing damage control now.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think it is a lie.

“The RQ-170 has a RTB [Return to Base] feature,” Thompson said. “In the event of a loss of the command link, the aircraft will automatically return to its point of origin and land itself.”

source

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikehawk

I think the US/NATO are lying. They got caught red handed flying a drone over Iran and they managed to shoot it down. The Americans are playing damage control now.

If they shot it down then why is Iran showing a very intact model of it?

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Agreed. I don't believe it was shot down either the thing is almost totally intact with a minor dent where is the burn marks or other signs of damage, from being shot down.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
didnt they come back and say that they didnt lose control. In fact they have been flying missions for awhile.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
I do believe the drone was electronically hijacked while being flown NEAR the Iranian border. Iran probably does not have the capacity/technology to do this which makes me wonder if either China or Russia has a hand in this.

Yes, and I can tell you that this drone was in Iranian hands for only a matter of hours before it was on a cargo jet, headed to the People’s Republic of China to be reversed engineered.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Two countries: Afghanistan and Iran

One drone: a picture of a intact drone looking to be unharmed and a US story about it being shot down

One drone: A NATO story about the US losing control of the drone.

Recently: News stories flood the internet and news stations of Iran nuclear abilities, Israel and Iran, etc, etc...

One of these thing is not like the other.

Something smells a bit fishy about all this

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Remember a couple of months ago, us air force reported that there was a virus on the hard
drives, and every time they tried to remove it it came back.
One would assume that the military would make their own hard drives or scan them before
they use them.
article at wired.com
www.wired.com...

R.
edit on 8-12-2011 by iamcreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

I do believe the drone was electronically hijacked while being flown NEAR the Iranian border.

No, the drone was flying inside iranian airspace in excess of 100 miles. Its a reconaissance drone and it did what it was build for.

I remember recent virus attacks on the hardware of these drones. i would bet they managed to improve the stuxnet virus a little not just to control it but to rewrite a new GPS dataset for the 'return-to-base' function, right before jamming it into this mode.

For those who not remember, stuxnet was believed to be created to mess up control software for industrial plants a little and can be distributed via USB-stick by using a few exploits which still persist with windows from day 1 it was released.

thanks to our lazyness using higher programming languages instead of pure assembler for specific control components of the drone things like that can possibly happen.

They might not got a hand deep into it, but just mess it up to force a controlled landing ? possible

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
www.thedailyshow.com...The Daily Show

I couldn't have analyzed this debacle better than John Stewart did last night.
edit on 8-12-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Maybe it did when it comes to high tech everything has its problems probably running windows or some idiotic software.

With the loss of the "stealth helicopter" and now this drone and here comes china to get the technology and the idiot and cheif comments about not wanting to "Start a war" well if Iran was flying drones over the US it would have been an act of war.

Why is it when the left is in power there is no such thing as military secrets who needs enemies or "Iran" when the incompetence of the commander in cheif is enough to lose.

What incompetence.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
They already admitted that they were spying on Iran.

Google it up. Of course the first story was BS.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It was bait, and Iran took it hook sink and float... I am pretty sure it is a stripped down version with all the really important classified tech removed or rendered non-operational. Basically give them what they already know the had, but make it look like they got a new bone.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
I am pretty sure it is a stripped down version with all the really important classified tech removed or rendered non-operational.

No, it was fully equipped, with all the nice new gizmos inside.
In this case just camera systems.

What makes me a little upset on this is that it was on a real mission and still operating in some sort of safety mode, letting it come down in one piece instead of having it rain down in fragments.

From the pictures on BBC i would assume that its more damaged than they would make us believe, because they draped the complete underbelly with flags. So one could conclude it has been fired at with small weapons, possibly taking out essential components inside.

The final question why this drone was flying in iranian airspace is still another issue to solve.
This so called 'war-on-terror' alone being brought to us by Bush et al has just done what the rest of the world has seen coming prior we started it.
And now this incident, and AGAIN we look like agressors cause no 'normal and peaceful nation' would fly drones in another nations airspace.
The strategy we seem to rely on looks like 'if we cannot solve it with weapons, we build better weapons to solve it' .. how smart is that ?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If you want to catch a fish, you must select the type of bait targeted at the fish you are hunting. Then you must cast that bait out into the waters you suspect where your targeted fish is most probably located.

Well done NSA.

top topics

join