It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tree research in china, Climate is normal!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Checking tree rings to learn about the climate is normal. This method has been used for years, with the help of a lot of trees, necessary to go back in time.

A blockbuster Chinese study of Tibetan tree rings by Lui et al 2011 shows, with detail, that the modern era is a dog-standard normal climate when compared to the last 2,500 years. The temperature, the rate of change — it’s all been seen before. Nothing about the current period is “abnormal”, indeed the current warming period in Tibet can be produced through calculation of cycles. Lui et al do a Fourier analysis on the underlying cycles and do brave predictions as well. In Tibet, it was about the same temperature on at least four occasions — back in late Roman times (those chariots!), then again in the dark ages (blame the collapse of industry), then in the middle ages (the Vikings?), then in modern times (blame the rise of industry). Clearly, these climate cycles have nothing to with human civilization. Their team finds natural cycles of many different lengths are at work: 2-3 years, 100 years, 199 years, 800 years, and 1,324 years. The cold periods are associated with sunspot cycles. What we are not used to seeing are brave scientists willing to publish exact predictions of future temperatures for 100 years that include rises and falls. Apparently, it will cool til 2068, then warm again, though not to the same warmth as 2006 levels.

the source
edit on 8/12/11 by Pokoia because: Made a big mistake, more tree data were used

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Wait for it . . . . . . . . but but but but but but but but but but . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Al Gore told us . . . . . . . . . . . Really he lied to us? . . . . . . . . This is just more lies from the nay sayers lol.

I have always had a hard time believing this global warming(climate change i believe is the now word) BS, it just never ever made sense, another way to screw us people of whatever they can get, how long before the sheeple wake up to this bull# they fill us with day in day out?.

edit on 8-12-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

Dionisis, "immagination is more important than knowledge" you prove this to be true lol, the tree rings lied!. omg really

edit on 8-12-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Do you really believe China cares about nature or the climate?

Have you ever investigated bile farming?
edit on 8-12-2011 by Dionisius because: because i can

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I wouldn't put a lot of trust into research that comes out of china, wouldn't surprise me if this was some kind of propaganda.

On the other hand I don't really buy into the climate change subject too much. Yes the climate is changing but taxing the hell out of everyone and guilt tripping us isn't going to help.

I'd love to see more studies like this all over the globe to corroborate results.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Pffft!

Says China who happen to be one of the biggest polluters in the world if not the biggest...

I wouldn't trust that country as far as I could throw them, their a bunch of animal abusers and have no respect for life or this planet.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ok ya they took some tree research from one of the farthest places away from their massive polluting country, Now take a tree ring test at one of your most Industrialized parts of the country, say Beijing, and compare. I'll bet they dont get a match, what a Joke, is that why some parts of China are seeing massive droughts and massive desertification.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What a good find, but of course someone will discredit it, watch for Al Gore's rebuttal.

All to do with raising money (tax) and nothing to do with climate change

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

I think they can't find trees , old enough to go back in time enough, in or close to Beijing.
But climate is climate. I you measure it in Tibet it is close enough for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Pffft!

Says China who happen to be one of the biggest polluters in the world if not the biggest...

I wouldn't trust that country as far as I could throw them, their a bunch of animal abusers and have no respect for life or this planet.
China recently took that title. Before them that it was the USA, but still, person for person the USA is the worlds biggest polluter.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

I do believe most of the commercial active people in Chine do not care about the climate. they care about money. Hopefully their money in the near future.
I am convinced China also has good scientists that just search for the answers.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Granted, but these experiments were conducted by Chinese Scientists which for me makes them invalid.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Well if your trying to stir the pot regarding climate change you've done it. I won't call it global warming. I'll call it climate change. It's real and there is going to be some changes. The glaciers are melting and releasing methane into the atmosphere.

Something big is going to happen in our lifetime. Like it or not. Climate change is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

OK, you stand firm for your opinion.
Please explain to me why, iphone, ipad, nanomaterials, high temperature super conductive wire and a lot of high tech stuff can be bought in China first.

Because they are so stupid?????

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ignorance is prolific here as well I see, I knew before entering there would be hesitation to accept the information due to its origin.

The findings are interesting. Simply because we defer a pattern by which we state the current environment to be behaving as has done in the past it doesn't mean that extremes are not a part of that pattern.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by Pokoia

Well if your trying to stir the pot regarding climate change you've done it. I won't call it global warming. I'll call it climate change. It's real and there is going to be some changes. The glaciers are melting and releasing methane into the atmosphere.

Something big is going to happen in our lifetime. Like it or not. Climate change is going to happen.

Imagine the North pole, the Ice is thinning, why?? The temperatures are still below zero.
Imagine the South pole the ice crust is melting from below, under meters , many meters of ice. Air tempertures still below zero.
It is not the air that is warming up as a source, it is the result.
The waters and the rocks of the Earth are warming up.

Something might happen, but please look at the cause, it is not us.
We mankind have done a lot of rotten thing to the environment, and we will face the consensuses.
But it is not the climate I am talking about in this perspective.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
do a Google for river teams freezing.
from Long ago the river teams use to freeze over
so much that people had markets on the ice.
the rode horses on it to ! must be fun to watch.

it stayed froze for 3 months !
as the start of England's industrial age.
witch made the city smoggy, pee souper !
and soon after the ice disappears.
and not you dont get ANY ice on the river teams.
China has the pee souper.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

OK, you stand firm for your opinion.
Please explain to me why, iphone, ipad, nanomaterials, high temperature super conductive wire and a lot of high tech stuff can be bought in China first.

Because they are so stupid?????

It has absolutely nothing to do with their intelligence, it is about their connection with nature and the earth we live in, and the respect for it. Let me refer you to Bear Bile Farming, Live Coyote Skinning, Fur Farms, their lack of any laws relating to Animal Cruelty and their pollution of the air and water. And that is just a fraction of the atrocities they commit to Mother Nature.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I am fully aware of the atrocities to natures creatures done by Asian people.
I dislike and disapprove thees of course.

There are also Chinese that have pet cats and pet dogs and love them and take good care of them.
I would say, there is still hope.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

There is always hope, but on a tangent, we have become a parasite on this earth and just like the human body, the earth will attack us to save itself, so we need to get back to our roots and reconnect with nature for the earth to accept us as part of it. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by Pokoia

There is always hope, but on a tangent, we have become a parasite on this earth and just like the human body, the earth will attack us to save itself, so we need to get back to our roots and reconnect with nature for the earth to accept us as part of it. Just a thought.

Yes we are not nice or wise in the way we treat the Earth and all that lives on it.
I am a bit reluctant to share the next with you, but I decided to do it anyway.
It is a post from somewhere on the internet I found today. I know the guy that posted it. He is, IMHO, not a nut-case.
The day before the big Quake shaked Japan he was very pissed of on Japan, the same reasons and more that he is telling about now. He told me Japan was in for a surprise and that they were to be shaken up.

Here is his post:

First lesson for Japan, march 11 2011, was not understood. Second lesson to follow I believe sometimes there is a lesson to be learned when something extraordinary happens. Japan was severely shaken by a very large earthquake on march 11. It cost a lot of lives, did a lot of damage and was the cause of the Fukushima disaster. Then they noticed that not everyone in the world liked them. There are good reasons for this: War atrocities, especially those committed by Unit 731, and the fact that Japan hardly ever spontaneous said sorry for those. These facts are not so well-known all over the world. Better known and widely condemned are the Japanese whaling activities. Apparently the Japanese did learn nothing. Well I have news for you, if Japan does not announce, in the coming seven days, to stop whaling forever, there will be a last and final lesson. This lesson is not for Japan, because those Islands will be gone for a large part and the remaining part will be UN-inhabitable forever. This lesson will be for the rest of the world. This time Gaya is really pissed-off, is am I.

The posting was about the newly re-started whaling campaign.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join