It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke Express

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have a question, I was talkin to this one kid, major druggie, and for some reason, the stuff he says is total bull but it is creative. He told me that in the year 2012 the world would end because this guy predicted then 7 horses will come and destory the world. And he said, the horses are nukes, and 1 nuke can take out a continent for each. No freakin way can it take out that much I though. But could the biggest nuke take out the smallest continent.

Also, say a medium sized nuke went off, and you can see the cloud build up far away, is it possible to outrun it?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
7 horses will come and destory the world. And he said, the horses are nukes, and 1 nuke can take out a continent for each.

looks like this guy is quoting/trying-to-quote Bible (Revelations). But nowhere in it i find a slim clue that these horses are nukes. ask him where on earth he got THAT from.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I have a question, I was talkin to this one kid, major druggie, and for some reason, the stuff he says is total bull but it is creative. He told me that in the year 2012 the world would end because this guy predicted then 7 horses will come and destory the world. And he said, the horses are nukes, and 1 nuke can take out a continent for each. No freakin way can it take out that much I though. But could the biggest nuke take out the smallest continent.

Also, say a medium sized nuke went off, and you can see the cloud build up far away, is it possible to outrun it?

One nuke would not destroy continet, it could not destroy some big cities even.

And yeh, you can see the flash what comes from explosion very long way, so yeh you could run away from it

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast
One nuke would not destroy continet,

- I agree with this comment.

it could not destroy some big cities even.

- This one I don't.

Assuming we're not going as far as the most massive actual bomb dropped (the Russian 50megaton Tsar air dropped bomb....actually designed as a 100mt bomb but never exploded as such, they deliberately altered some of the materials to limit the force) because there were so few made lets stick to the more common 25mt range.

IMO a 25 mt warhead exploded at optimum height would 'kill' - in all meaningful senses of the word/term - any city on the earth today.

You'd have to be pretty far underground - and stay there quite a while - to survive that and live in the area any length of time.

You'd also want to be very lucky if you end up looking at a nuclear flash......if you're a little too close (and how could you tell?) you could well end up with your eyes welded to the back of your skull.

Failing that you might just end up blind (which can happen out to great distances, tens of miles, if you stare at the 'fireball'). Temporary blindness from the indirect scattered light from the flash is also possible but who would knowingly take the chance and have a peep?

Then there's the issue of fall-out and the long term poisoning of the area.....and the fact that the world would go into a long-term economic nose-dive if any of our cities was 'hit'. So much for our global economy then.

Todays megaton nukes are seriously bad news and if more than a handful get used the material lifted into the upper atmosphere also brings undesirable effects in the form of nuclear winters etc etc.

Far preferable to actually start making much better efforts (shock....even spending large amounts of money!) at getting along well with each other if we want much of a future for ourselves and our families IMO.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There is no outrunning a nuke your either within range of it our your not.

If you survived undamaged to see the mushroom cloud then you were not within range of it. Now all you got to worry about is that pesky fallout, unless you have a plane handy i dont think youll be able to outrun that though.

Luckily there are no weapons powerful enough to destroy a continent. At least not yet and for the forseeable future. Your friend is very likely just stoned out of his gourd.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by boogyman]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
lets say you have a bombshelter and a nuke i slaunced and hits teh city youre in. how long would you have to wait before the radiation settles and its safe to go outside again?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
there are no weapons powerful enough to destroy a continent

scalar weapon or even one tesla howitzer with 10 (!) nuclear reactors for power can destroy whole earth... IF they exist

Click on images for link

lets say you have a bombshelter and a nuke i slaunced and hits teh city youre in. how long would you have to wait before the radiation settles and its safe to go outside again?

some people say... decades

E_T

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
IMO a 25 mt warhead exploded at optimum height would 'kill' - in all meaningful senses of the word/term - any city on the earth today.

You'd have to be pretty far underground - and stay there quite a while - to survive that and live in the area any length of time.

You'd also want to be very lucky if you end up looking at a nuclear flash......if you're a little too close (and how could you tell?) you could well end up with your eyes welded to the back of your skull.

Failing that you might just end up blind (which can happen out to great distances, tens of miles, if you stare at the 'fireball'). Temporary blindness from the indirect scattered light from the flash is also possible but who would knowingly take the chance and have a peep?

With yields in the range of hundreds of kilotons or greater (typical for strategic warheads) immediate radiation injury becomes insignificant. Dangerous radiation levels only exist so close to the explosion that surviving the blast is impossible. On the other hand, fatal burns can be inflicted well beyond the range of substantial blast damage. A 20 megaton bomb can cause potentially fatal third degree burns at a range of 40 km, where the blast can do little more than break windows and cause superficial cuts.

nuclearweaponarchive.org...
And heat radiation moves at speed of light, so when you would have change to notice explosion heat radiation would already burn you.

And about Tsar Bomba:

In clear air, the 50 Mt test was capable in principle of inflicting third degree burns at a distance of up to 100 km.
There was no previously existing military requirement for a 100 megaton weapon - such weapons are virtually useless for military purposes. The Soviet Union had only one delivery system capable of carrying a weapon of this size - a handful of the relatively slow prop-driven Tu-95 bomber - and it was incapable of intercontinental range with a payload this large. A 100 Mt weapon can level urban areas in a zone 60 km wide, cause heavy damage in a zone 100 km across, and cause 3rd degree burns in a region 170 km across (only a bit smaller than the width of West Germany). Such a weapon can only be used as a means of destroying an entire urban region - a major urban complex including suburbs and even neighboring cities. This scale of destruction is much larger than any discrete urban area in Western Europe. With its dense settlement, use of such a weapon in Europe is equivalent to an attack on a major portion of an entire nation and its population. Fallout from a low altitude or surface burst in central England could produce lethal exposures extending into the Warsaw Pact nations; a similar explosion in West Germany could create lethal fallout as far as the Soviet border.

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There were only 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse in the bible he add 3 new ones. Conquest, War , Famine and then the scariest of them all a pale horse appears, its rider is called Death. I think thats what they were all called.

If Revelations is to be believed these horsemen are living incarnations of these four things.

Perhaps I can name the 3 new ones
first Fear then Hate the Destruction.

As for a weapon that could take out a whole continent there are rumours of one strong enough to kill all life on earth made by the russians. This was pretty much the worlds biggest dirty bomb that would spew radation into the atmosphere and kill all humans that way rather then blow up the whole world or anything. If this was true I dont know but something like this might work if it was big enough. Get enough radation high enough and let the winds in the upper atmosphere do the work for you.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy

I think that depends on how close you are to a bomb and how many bombs go off. Also what would you consider safe You might be able to go outside and not die in a few hours when rad levels drop enough but It might make you sterile or give you cancer down the road or any number of nasty side effects.

Things like water in the area might be unsafe for alot longer then just the air.

at levels of 2-10 R/hr periods of less than one hour per day are considered the MAXIMUM acceptable dosage and only for NECESSARY work.

At any rate over 0.5 R/Hr the body must be allowed time to rebuild damaged tissues and cells between doses. At 0.5 to 2 R/Hr, a MAXIMUM exposure of under 5 hours a day is recommended.

www.alpharubicon.com...

E_T

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by titus
scalar weapon or even one tesla howitzer with 10 (!) nuclear reactors for power can destroy whole earth... IF they exist

Even if you had thousand nuclear reactors you wouldn't have enough power to destroy earth.

www.lpl.arizona.edu...

Your Inputs:
Distance from Impact: 5000.00 km = 3105.00 miles
Projectile Diameter: 1000000.00 m = 3280000.00 ft = 621.00 miles
Projectile Density: 1500 kg/m3
Impact Velocity: 20.00 km/s = 12.42 miles/s
Impact Angle: 70 degrees
Target Density: 2750 kg/m3
Target Type: Crystalline Rock

Energy:
Energy before atmospheric entry: 1.57e+29 Joules = 3.75e+13 MegaTons TNT

Atmospheric Entry:
The projectile begins to breakup at an altitude of 75100 meters = 246000 ft
The projectile reaches the ground in a broken condition. The mass of projectile strikes the surface at velocity 20 km/s = 12.4 miles/s
The impact energy is 1.57e+29 Joules = 3.75e+13 MegaTons.
The broken projectile fragments strike the ground in an ellipse of dimension 1060 km by 1000 km

Major Global Changes:
The Earth is not strongly disturbed by the impact and loses negligible mass.
The impact does not make a noticeable change in the Earth's rotation period or the tilt of its axis.
The impact does not shift the Earth's orbit noticeably.
(Not that this would comfort mankind)

Crater Dimensions:
Transient Crater Diameter: 2100 km = 1310 miles
Transient Crater Depth: 743 km = 462 miles

Final Crater Diameter: 5720 km = 3550 miles
Final Crater Depth: 4 km = 2.48 miles
The final crater is replaced by a large, circular melt province.
The volume of the target melted or vaporized is 1.4e+09 km3 = 3.35e+08 miles3
Melt volume = 1.15 times the crater volume
At this size, the crater forms in its own melt pool.

Thermal Radiation:
Time for maximum radiation: 540 seconds after impact
Your position is inside the fireball.
The fireball appears 406 times larger than the sun
Thermal Exposure: 2.34 x 1011 Joules/m2
Duration of Irradiation: 14000 seconds
Radiant flux (relative to the sun): 16700

Seismic Effects:
The major seismic shaking will arrive at approximately 1000 seconds.
Richter Scale Magnitude: 13.7 (This is greater than any earthquake in recorded history)

Ejecta:
The ejecta will arrive approximately 1570 seconds after the impact.
Your position is in the region which collapses into the final crater.
Your position is beneath the continuous ejecta deposit.
Average Ejecta Thickness: 1630 m = 5330 ft

Air Blast:
The air blast will arrive at approximately 15200 seconds.
Peak Overpressure: 5.2e+07 Pa = 520 bars = 7380 psi
Max wind velocity: 5800 m/s = 13000 mph

About reality of all these "superweapons", read my sig.
Information is power, denying it/disinformation has always been used to get power/stay in power/scare others.
Just like how church stayed in power at medieval time.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T

Even if you had thousand nuclear reactors you wouldn't have enough power to destroy earth.

no,no,no,no..... you got me wrong. scalar weapons would interfere with earth's 'what-holds-earth-together', so earth's would self destruct. but i doubt tesla howitzer, its more anti anti-aircraft, tank, ship... and all that

in 1960s khrushev said that these 'fantastical weapons' can wipe out humanity if not used correctly

New York Times, January 15th, 1960

Since 1963, the Russians have had the equivalent of more than seven additional Manhattan Projects (using the Russian 5-year program instead of the 4-year Manhattan Project), back-to-back, in development of energetics weaponry. Western scientists refuse to accept it, and cannot understand it, as scalar EM theory is not in their textbooks.

just note: �North America has not had 'normal' weather since 1976�
florida... sounds familiar

PS: and i'm not going into this-is-crap/not-crap debate

E_T

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Since 1963, the Russians have had the equivalent of more than seven additional Manhattan Projects (using the Russian 5-year program instead of the 4-year Manhattan Project), back-to-back, in development of energetics weaponry. Western scientists refuse to accept it, and cannot understand it, as scalar EM theory is not in their textbooks.

just note: �North America has not had 'normal' weather since 1976�
florida... sounds familiar

Just one question, if they can control/change weather so easily why they didn't solve drought in Aral Lake area?
They even made plans for turning current of Siberia's rivers to south because of this problem.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
Just one question, if they can control/change weather so easily why they didn't solve drought in Aral Lake area?
They even made plans for turning current of Siberia's rivers to south because of this problem.

sorry, i'm not the right person to ask. go to russia and ask officials.

US has bad weather/climate, Russia would have good weather/climate.
THAT would be very suspicious, and rus dont want this to happen.

this is just IMHO, but anyway... we dont know.

SOMETHING RUSSIA DOESN'T WANT THE U.S. TO KNOW

[edit on 10-9-2004 by titus]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Destroy is such a wide ranging term, lets put a spin on this.

If we launch seven missiles, one over each continent, lets say SS-18's mod-3 with 1 25mt warhead each. If the weapons were exploded at 250 miles above ground zero the Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) would cover a horizon of apx. 10,000 miles in diameter.

The pulse put out by this detonation would be in the range of apx. 50 kilovolts per meter field strength, Ten kilovolts per meter is where you begin to see substantial damage in all kinds of unprotected semiconductor systems.

So anything that was not EMP hardened would be fried beyond belief, or instant ice age. No computers, no radios, no cars or trucks built before 1975, no TV's, no calculators, many aircraft would be destroyed, GPS would be a wet dream from the past. Command posts and National Command Authority would still have communications, but most radios in the field would be gone, destroying the C3I of the nation.

Now this is my idea of destroyed.

E_T

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yeah, that would be most efective way of destroying our civilisation/society, mankind would effectively go back to medieval time.
Today's world depends so much on electricity/devices using it.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

But nowhere in it i find a slim clue that these horses are nukes. ask him where on earth he got THAT from.

I can tell you where he got that from he was on crack while drinking at the same time. This BS about this bible Armageddon is fantasy. At that time the bile was written they did not know that there were 7 continents they thought the world was flat and you fall of the edge
so the bible does not mention 7 horses for each continent

top topics

join