It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rest in Peace Col. Potter...Harry Morgan died at age 96 today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Morgan died Wednesday at age 96 at his Brentwood home after having pneumonia, his daughter-in-law, Beth Morgan, told AP.
Morgan appeared in mostly supporting roles on the big screen, playing opposite such stars as Henry Fonda, John Wayne, James Garner, Elvis Presley and Dan Aykroyd. On television, he was more the comedic co-star, including roles on "December Bride," its spin-off "Pete and Gladys," as Sgt. Joe Friday's loyal partner in later "Dragnet" episodes and on CBS-TV's long-running "M-A-S-H" series, for which he earned an Emmy award in 1980.

Story

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh, I'm so sad. I loved him in M*A*S*H.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Rest in peace Harry Morgan. Another piece of my childhood goes with him....At least it was a ripe old age.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

He was a wonderful character actor. We are fortunate that we still have him on film...and can enjoy him for many years to come.

Now you can rest with the Angels Harry Morgan...your work here is finished. Well done.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why are all my favorite actors and musicians getting old and dieing when I'm still here?

Wait...am I getting old? Nah, impossible.

RIP Harry...you made me laugh AND cry.

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Harry Morgan you entertained and enlightened many, M.A.S.H will always remain one of my favorite shows of all time...you are with God now brother rest now.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I just heard about this...

Tragic... R.I.P colonel Potter...

*salute*

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
R.I.P., Mr. Morgan. You have made your mark and will be long remembered.

edit on 7-12-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

top topics

join