It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army To Stop Occupy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wow this one died real quick, HR 2055 passes HR 1540 soon will, Obama goes to his home state and we are left with 60 days of tax cuts Marry Xmass

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here you go!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
My BS meter is off the charts.

Us troops are not being readied to use on the Occupy movement.

It's winter. The cold weather will be enough to get rid of most of the occupy protesters.

Let's all try to deny ignorance.

I have to agree, the Occupy movement is not nearly large enough to justify such a response.
The troops are being brought home because the US govt. knows that the global economy is about to completely tank.
However, it depends how the collapse is organized. If it's orderly, you'll just see a slow rise in protests. If it goes in spectacular style, you'll see riots - that's when the military will be used.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
In my opinion they need some reason for sending troops. It would have to be something big. Something that would make the population beg for troops. Just some people with tents sleeping in a park being an annoyance would never make citizens go along with sending in active military. If the gov't convinces the population that they are in eminent danger from these protesters then people will beg for military intervention, bill of rights be damned. That is what I believe the gov't is hoping for. Then the door is wide open for them to implement any sort of martial law they desire and as far accross the country even if the problem is localized.
As far as military engaging their own citizens with live fire? I have to believe it would be short lived. Every soldier has family that could also be a target somewhere else. I think there would be desertions on massive scales of soldiers getting back to their own families. It is a completely different scenerio killing your own countrymen than arresting someone. I have to believe they would not.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by michande

there are articles and news reports, some of old 1930, and some current see this one ok 1995 ,
www.globalsecurity.org...
but the point is they planed and are ready to use Mil force if need be they have done it before and from the use in 1930 DC bounce march protest www.eyewitnesstohistory.com... and this one www.historynet.com... then the Kent state 1970 shooting www.ohiohistorycentral.org... the point of all this can be summed up here

On May 4, a Monday, classes resumed at Kent State. Anti-war protestors scheduled a rally for noon at the campus. University officials attempted to ban the gathering but proved unsuccessful in their efforts. As the protest began, National Guard members fired tear gas at the demonstrators. Due to wind, the tear gas proved ineffective. Some of the protestors threw the canisters, along with rocks, back at the soldiers. Some of the demonstrators yelled slogans, such as "Pigs off campus!", at the soldiers.

Eventually seventy-seven guardsmen advanced on the protestors with armed rifles and bayonets. Protestors continued to throw things at the soldiers. Twenty-nine of the soldiers, purportedly fearing for their lives, eventually opened fire. The gunfire lasted just thirteen seconds, although some witnesses contended that it lasted more than one minute. The troops fired a total of sixty-seven shots. When the firing ended, nine students lay wounded, and four other students had been killed. Two of the students who died actually had not participated in the protests.
the morel of all this will they use deadly force?? the Answer is they did before, what is to stop them now.

edit on 26-12-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

edit on 26-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Another job posting here -

Go Army

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

you know with the "spreed thin as paper" as the Mil is, Iran getting in the news, Syria as well, what would the reaction be to "the US calls for the Draft" we are spent and beat, been at war to long to keep up, the old war dogs need a rest, some are heading back out to Afghanistan form Iraq. I do not know if they even get R&R any more 1year turns to 2, turns to 4, tuns to 6, turns to??? Not saying the Draft is coming, just asking what the reaction would be if it did, would there be protest or... not

edit on 26-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join