It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America tells OWS what to do to hurt it the most

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well that's nice from BAC to tell people what to do...

Bank Of America Sends Internal Email Exposing Where The "Occupy" Movement Is Hurting It Most

While the general media may be ignoring the latest peculiar twist on the "Occupy" theme, or in this case the "occupyourhomes.org", Bank of America is taking it quote seriously. As a reminder, "Tuesday, December 6th is the National Day of Action to stop and reverse foreclosures. The Occupy Homes movement is holding actions around the country in support of homeowners and people fighting to have a home. Find an event near you and join in our day of action tomorrow!. There are actions happening in over 20 cities nationwide. Events are taking place in Brooklyn, Buffalo and Rochester New York; Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Petaluma, Sacramento, Paradise and Contra Costa California; Lake Worth, Florida; Atlanta, Fayetteville, and DeKalb Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Bloomington, Indiana; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Cleveland, Ohio; Denver, Colorado; Detroit and Southgate Michigan; St. Louis, Missouri; Portland, Oregon; and Seattle, Washington." And if you have not heard about today's protest on the conventional media that is understandable: as BAC says internally, this event "could impact our industry."

Now I suggest you spread this far and wide... so instead of occupying places that don't matter, people protest in a way that actually hurts the criminals that created this whole mess.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
LOL I'm happy BoA is trolling the biggest trolls this year! Good for them.. this wont do anything.. and thats why they gave you the information....

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Hey, Trolly McTrollerson - this was an internal memo that was leaked. They didn't "give" OWx anything.

And, no offense, but it's obvious by your language that you spend a lot of time on the internet. Why do you hate those who are up off their asses trying to create change? Are you agreeing with the banks and their unethical, illegal, and harmful foreclosure tactics or do you just not understand the situation and lashing out at anything and anyone who acts on their beliefs?

I can understand criticizing Occupy on various points - but uneducated hatred I do not understand. Why?

I vote we boycott the word "troll" regarding perceived forum trolls. The insult is misunderstood, misused, and has become blanket terminology to describe ANYONE and ANYTHING internet slugs don't agree with. It's also childish and petty.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

good luck today.. It's not trolling if its true.. NOTHING will come from this... Also anon is considered a troll by many standards (look at message boards for proof of this) and with anon backing OWS.... I consider that all one glomp now... (thats your guys' bad not anyone elses)

Just watch and tell me I'm right later

here's the stock pricing today as we speak $5.81
edit on 6-12-2011 by DrNotforhire because: adding proof

edit on 6-12-2011 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That was really great information.
Exactly the kind we need to make a difference
in this giant chess game. Well done indeed!
No wonder you have 8 trillion stars and flags.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i find it cute how everyone on ats uses the world troll to describe everything they disagree with or don't like. how about just avoiding the thread all together opposed to 'trolling' it with your opinions.

i feel like i am on funnyjunk.com half the time i am on this website now because of everyone tossing the troll word...but t his is all besides the point.

thats pretty cool op that bank of america is actually being affected by ows. lets hope this continues, but with ows effecting the system in such a way that its visually apparent that things are falling apart for tptb.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Have you considered that maybe they're trying to collapse themselves on purpose?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oh, right.... Because OWS is so good at destroying those evil banks

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I read the memo...it doesn't really sound like it is going to "hurt" them. When they say it could "impact our industry" it means that the employees this memo is going out to may encounter protestors....not that it is going to take down the bank

And the memo states they are worried about the safety of their employees (such an evil bank) and people illegalling "occupying" vacant homes.

It seems like a bit of a reach to claim that BoA is saying this is going to "hurt" them.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think thats called trespassing (hehe)... Good post!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I fail to see how occupiers showing up at an auction will accomplish anything.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Aww aren't you guys cute the way you keep trying and failing. You know very well the 20k deposit was temporary and Occupy Oakland did it because Wells Fargo would make the money available the quickest so that they could bail out protesters with plans to withdraw it and put into a credit union. Have you ever thought about writing campaign ads? Romney could use more like you.

As for why BoA is so threatened? Maybe they know they can't keep sweeping their illegalities under the rug forever.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You know very well the 20k deposit was temporary and Occupy Oakland did it because Wells Fargo would make the money available the quickest so that they could bail out protesters with plans to withdraw it and put into a credit union.

Oh the occupiers have an excuse for everything, they FAIL. Are they going to show up to protest the auction and buy a house? Face it, OWS is no better then the people they are against, they said one thing and then turned around and did the exact opposite.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Primal I think the quote on your signature sums it up nicely.... I agree.. Record fail... I feel that OWS is doing ANYTHING they can to stay relevant

and its not working

BTW: BOA stock is at 5.76$ close of yesterday was 5.79$

great job occupying

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hey, they have the funds from all the donations they have collected. They could buy a house and then give it away to the previous owner of that house.

I'm thinking they aren't going to do that though...even though they have the ability to do so.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Outkast we've had this convo before but you are right! It's okay to give away everyone elses money.. but when it comes to the protestors they won't...

hypocrisy is still in charge at the camps it looks like.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

What are the excusing? That was the story from the start. Not anyones fault but your own that you got the story off a biased source.

So they can buy one house back? That will fix everything. Let's just keep pretending that banks and corporations aren't pooping all over ordinary americans. Keep blaming the victims. Our economy is proof that such a system works.

reply to post by DrNotforhire

Cute club you guys got goin. Why aren't you upset about the trillions the fed gave to banks and corporations since you're so sure Occupy is asking for the redistribution of wealth? Or is that selective? Only billionaires get to be communists?
edit on 6-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What are the excusing?

##SNIPPED##

That was the story from the start. Not anyones fault but your own that you got the story off a biased source.

Fault? Who said anything about fault? And what does bias have to do with this? Occupy protesters protested at wells fargo and then opened an account, that is not biased that is reality.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Really? You're going to call out a typo? That's a bit pathetic. About as pathetic and weak as your attempts to slam Occupy. The reasons have been stated, continue to be obtuse if you wish.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Really? You're going to call out a typo? That's a bit pathetic. About as pathetic and weak as your attempts to slam Occupy. The reasons have been stated, continue to be obtuse if you wish.

Slam Occupy? I have not even started, that last bit was just about them handing over a large amount of money to a bank they just got done protesting. As far as slamming OWS they crap all over their own name enough on their own.

blogs.dailymail.com...
t was in jest two months ago when I began calling the Occupy crowd “dirt smelly hippies.” Sadly, the phrase is now accurate. In Portland, Oregon, the city shutdown two parks for two weeks to clean up after these pigs left. 70 dump-truck loads of trash were hauled away. Now in Santa Cruz, California, Occupy Santa Cruz protesters left behind 200 pounds worth of human feces near the Veterans Memorial Building, a community center. Occupy San Francisco had a similar problem with the Ferry Building as these animals are too stupid and uncivilized to act as if they are potty trained.

Paragraphs 13 and 14 of the San Jose Mercury-News report on the mess Occupy Santa Cruz left behind: “At least one incident on the county list wasn’t noted by the Sheriff’s Office: the discovery of an estimated 200 pounds of human feces near the county Veterans Memorial Building, just across the Water Street bridge from the camp. The county called in a hazardous materials team to clean up the mess, and installed a security fence around the building, which is closed for renovations. There is no evidence that linked the excrement to the camp.”

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join